Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,552 Member
    Oh dear! I'm so glad they are watching over you. Please be very careful - sepsis is on the rise, so even the smallest cut can become infected and then go into sepsis. If you have it inside it may be hard to detect until it's too late. I think that's what my grandmother died from. She had stomach surgery and got an infection. By the time they found it it was too late to save her. So be very careful! Listen to your doctors my friend, even if you don't want to; they are trying to make you better!

I'm not sure if I have pneumonia again or not - but we are treating it like it is. If there were decreased sounds in my lungs she's not sure if she I had the x-ray but haven't heard back yet about that. I'm on antibiotics (waiting on one they had to order). I'll stay away from other people until I am off of the antibiotics. We tend to be overly cautious in our Church because of health issues folks have. I never want to be the cause of someone else getting sick so I tend to err on the side of caution. My bone density test and mammogram are scheduled for the next couple of months, I'm glad there is time in between.

Not much else going on with me, taking it easy! Love y'all.

• bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 871 Member
    I will be careful....thank you! It actually looks and feels better than in had been and I am thankful. She mentioned the sepsis possibility and if I'm not much better by the 9th when I see her again, I'll have to go in the hospital. I'm praying I don't have to. That BP was scary too. We are looking at increasing a couple of meds.

Yes...precautions are needed for us both! Hope you get your meds quickly so you can get started on them. I made myself go pick mine up...and I had 3 more ready....from my cardiologist. He OK's a new round since I have an appt. scheduled for October 8th.

I had hoped Mary would get to my inspection while I was out but she didn't. I was so tired after my 3 hours of running that I dozed off while reading. I do that a lot and drop my Kindle.

I was very surprised that my weight wasn't a lot higher. It was the same as it was in February when I was there. 242.6. I'm going back down to read some more....and rest. I just checked my BP and it was 140/75....so hoping that's close to reality!

Love you all....prayers for healing, comfort and strength in each new day for us all.
  • Restfinder
    I'm so glad you have these appointments! While your BP went up, mine went down. It was 94/68 when I saw Jennifer, and then 115/7? when I went in a couple days ago! My old normal was in that first range, but it's been in the normal range for quite a few years. My weight was down both at home and at the doctor's office to 239.8, so happy about that! Oh, my meds did come in last evening. Wade went right over and got them so he was a little bit late for Bible Study. Several folks were home and zoomed, about six were in the service! My breathing is doing a bit better. I still have the slight pain and tightness in my chest (EKG was fine) and occasional having to take deep breaths and sometimes they don't catch. Very tired too. The meds should start helping today and tomorrow - we'll see. Had a really nice study time today, a nice time meeting with the Lord.

Oh, beware of spam e-mails for McAfee. I got one today saying my account was being renewed. I've never had McAfee. I checked all my banks and nothing had come out so I just deleted it. Then I had a couple of others - ugh! Spammed 'em or deleted 'em.

You're in my thoughts and prayers. Love y'all.
  • Restfinder
    edited September 7
    I got a note from Bren last night. She is in the hospital, I believe because of the Cellulitis on her arm. Her doctor wanted her to go and she finally gave in. She didn't mention anything else. Please keep her in your prayers. She thinks she may get out on Sunday.

I am still having breathing issues and taking my antibiotics just in case it is pneumonia again. My husband, Wade, has Covid. Please keep him in your prayers. He is quarantining in the bedroom so I won't get it. Thank y'all so much.

Here's an update on Bren. She is, Lord willing, going to come home today! Praise the Lord. Her arm is getting better and her tests have been negative. God is so very good!
  • bren5535
    edited September 8
    Thank you for the note and prayers, Kim!

I got home about 4 PM...am in a lot of pain from the hospital bed time. There was a wallowed out spot even worse than my home bed....but hey...complaints are few actually with this trip. I did pick up a cough but hoping it's a simple thing. I'll do some work to loosen me up and ease the pain.

My labs are good, praise God! My numbers went from bad/scary to normal very quickly! I saw the results so nobody tricked me into checking in!
    The infection is under control after a 2 month rampage! It's still red, tho less...a little heat, swelling down...
    I was hurt way less than usual with the blood draws etc. tho no need to mention the vice grip used for taking BP....I thought of Missy's daughter often, with the sweet young ladies taking such good care of me.
    My niece by marriage is also a nurse, in Alabama. Last I heard, she had gone to the travelling nurse routine. That started during Covid when a group from the Birmingham hospital was sent to New York to help during the Covid crisis.

Speaking of....I am so sorry Wade has it again Kim! Prayers for a speedy recovery...for both of you. I was offered the vaccine while at the hospital...I uhm....declined. It helps that I am isolated but still...things are out there!
    BP is really good at 122/66 62.....My insulin was not managed well while in hospital....I mean like 1 unit? 8 Units? And wonder why my FBS was 218? It wasn't always high but that's an example. Oh well....

Wishing you all a blessed and peaceful day...Prayers for us all for this new week ahead. Love you!rm2h968kalr5.png

• bren5535
    I sent a message asking to reschedule today's appointment due to the extreme pain of the moment. From being bedridden for 3 days in the hospital. I'll need a bit more recovery time and the walker may be called for if I don't improve quickly.
  • Restfinder
    Please use the walker! I use one on my bad days and it's so helpful and I'm able to get around even later in the day or the next day much more easily. Wade is doing much better! He will be in quarantine until Sunday! Boohoo! I miss my hugs (and kisses). Wow, my spelling is atrocious! Two fixes already! I'm symptom-free as far as the Covid goes, but I am still having breathing issues. If I do anything I have trouble catching my breath. I do have a CAT scan scheduled for Oct. but will call and see if they have a cancellation at a sooner date. I'll do that this Thursday and see how it goes, and probably the next week as well. The guys who check the CAT scans wanted me to have another at three months, but I didn't have the means to do another one until I was able to be on Medicare, so we are doing it again now. The doctor saw the results and didn't like how my lymph nodes looked! Oh great! I knew they were swollen. I need to study and see if they can be affected by lymphedema. This is a doctor who is looking into this from the same office that Jennifer is a part of.

I'm glad that you had a better experience at the hospital this time, Bren, but I hate that you are in pain because of the wonky mattress! huff! Praise the Lord you were able to get that infection taken care of quickly and your numbers are better. I hate having my BP taken. With the lipedema pain is multiplied and sometimes I just want to scream it hurts so bad - but, I have a saying - This can't last forever, hold on!
    The doctor saw my ankles and lower legs and she went to squeeze my left leg and it made me yelp - wow that hurt and she didn't even push that hard. She quickly drew her hand back and asked me if it was always like that - yep it is! I told her I had lipedema and lymphedema and that's what it looks like! I need to get better at wearing the wrappings when the weather is cooler. With my overheating or hot flashes (that never end) I just couldn't stand to have them on. Even my thumb and wrist braces make me hot! Crazy. I didn't need a fan last night though, how nice! Goes to show how hot our bedroom really does get. I'm in my office on the extra adjustable bed we have and will be for several more days it appears! LOL!

I hope y'all are doing alright. Please rest, Bren! Love you
  • bren5535
    I have trigger points everywhere and I yelp at a touch as well....My Dr.'s office called and I am rescheduled for Thursday. This particular pain should be subsided by then and I will use my walker if need be. I'm just not as stable with my cane.

I showed the wallowed out bed to a couple of nurses and one kind of laughed and siad "they haven't updated in awhile".

We're having a week in the 80's and after 108 a week ago...it's surely welcome! I use my fans at the bed every nap and night time and my desk fan as needed. My vent is above my desk so I stay fairly comfy here.

Mary just popped in for my inspection....I told her about the BBs and she took off right quickly....didn't even ask any more questions but I did give her the note I'd done up about the bugs and the UV lamp thing I have on order....I am so sad to see her fear but fully understand it and hate to be a source of it...hurts my heart and is so embarrassing....tho it's not my fault they came aboard.....Wal-Mart would not have a hand in the issue tho they came in with their products. Only God and I know that is so! I just pray nobody else around me has them.

Speaking of....the little freaks wasted no time in attacking once I got home! I am very careful when I leave here....to check all of me, check my shoes, clothes etc. and pray I never carry them with my anywhere. I'd be skipping out like poor Mary. I keep my shoes in a sealed bag, after checking for travelers.
  • Restfinder
    edited September 10
    Oh my. I hope that it all works out well for you. I too don't blame her. If she picked any up - eek! Not just yuck, but then they would get in her apartment and office... There are people out there who do the ultra-violet lights, but they have to basically tear the room apart to make sure that there are no hiding places for them while the lights are on. After they do that they clean with a special BB killing liquid just in case any were missed.

I did have some trouble last night with my breathing, well actually, it was early this morning. I had to cough and some gunk came up (clear) and I could breathe more easily after that. I think it's what's left of the pneumonia - at least I hope so. I forgot to take my afternoon antibiotics three days in a row. I have just three pills left (not sure how that happened) after I get them all in today. Wade is doing much better, praise the Lord. He is pretty much taking care of himself now. I am going to make us a casserole tonight - I don't want him doing that and breathing on my food. He has disposable gloves and a mask he wears when he does do stuff in areas where I also work or can be. After I went to bed last night he got up so he could watch some TV! Poor guy, he's either in our bedroom or on the back screened in porch, and with these cooler days it's nice out there!

I am saving all of our pastor's posts to a document. I have from 2009 up to today saved, but I still have a few from March to format. There is going to come a day when he is kicked off of Facebook - Christians not allowed to speak about faith in Christ; as well as his blogs being taken away. There are some very good study posts. This one is about the questions that we should ask as we are studying a topic or reading though a chapter.
    03-11-24
    When I consider the Christian validity of a belief or a behavior, I look for New Testament instruction. A quick overview includes...

Is it commanded by God?
    Is it commended by God?
    Is it condoned by God?
    Is it condemned by God?
    Is it compatible with the New Testament narrative?
    Is it confirmed or contradicted by other doctrines in the New Testament?
    Is it consistent with God's revelation for the Church, and His eternal nature?
    *Addendum in Comments below.
    Addendum to my above post.
    There are other ways of looking at the above list, which is primarily a positive viewpoint, in other words, a "what is good" list. The following list is basically the same, but it is a negative or reverse approach, in other words, a "what is not good" list.

Some of the points in the first list are presented as a negatives, which I repeat (in parenthesis).
    In my own study of a subject in Scripture, I look for...
    Is it forbidden, as in a negative command, "you shall not?"
    Is it a reproved or rebuked belief or behavior?
    Is it a corrected belief or behavior?
    (Is it condemned?)
    Is it contrary to the New Testament narrative?
    (Is it confirmed or contradicted by other doctrines in the New Testament)?
    Is it in conflict with God's revelation for the Church or with His eternal nature?
    If folks apply these questions to their study, I think a lot of Christians will be surprised with the Biblical
    revelation concerning some of their closely held views.

Love y'all. Thank you so much for your prayers.
  • Restfinder
    Happy Wednesday my beautiful lovelies! I hope that y'all are doing well today. I hope everything is working out with the BB situation, Bren!

Have a blessed and fruitful day. Love you
  • bren5535
    Thanks, Kim.
    I missed a call from Mary on my cell while I was knocked out, napping. I left a message for her and a note....giving her the name and number of a guy I spoke with today and gave her my home number as I can't hear enough on the cell. I keep it as an emergency back up but can hear a lot more on the land line...that's why I keep it and pay dearly for the privilege.

I do expect to be charged for the bug service and whatever has to be done. I am physically unable to move things about or out and do anything of the heavy lifting....I found out not all will deal with apartments so finding one who will takes a bit of effort. I know it won't be cheap....but it must be done. I'll just need to pinch in the budget somewhat to cover it.

I've had diarrhea since I left the hospital Saturday. In reading thru my paperwork, it states that's one side effect of the IV antibiotics and I'm not supposed to use the Imodium type stuff but I did today as I had the 1 PM appt. with my PCP....I had to call and cancel it....as the meds haven't kicked in yet. I have my regular follow up scheduled for Nov. 5 and will just do that one, but will get in sooner if I need to. I'm hoping for full healing before long.

Wow....that's been quite an undertaking and it's a blessing you've been willing and able to do that. My attention span and patience levels would not be compatible with such a thing.

I'm glad to hear you both are coming along well....and praying for full healing for you as well! My cough has resolved itself and I am thankful.
    I've lost 6.8 pounds of fluid this week so far...I hope to never see it back on! My BP has been a lot better tho still not in the "good range"....My PCP mentioned changing my meds up some...we'll see how it goes.
    I need to call Walgreens about my amlodipine that hasn't come yet...

Prayers for us all in the days ahead...Love you bunches!
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    Have been reading the messages you have posted - praying for all of you

We got a new scale at TOPS - it weighs 4 pounds heavier then mine which is not nice. Am struggling with staying on plan and the weight is not coming off - as it says in Romans, I know what I need to do, but don't do it - how do we break that pattern.

Have started up crochetting again - it has been 2 years and it is time I finish up my blanket I had started back then. Am thinking the next one will be made with granny squares - make a large amount of them and then sew them together OR make one bit granny square - think that is what I will do.

Sunday's service was good - it was very short as it was our kickoff service for the coming year. After the service people from the 1st service at 9 am and the one we attend at 11 am met outside where they had put up tents with tables and chairs and served hot dogs, water, and doritos. They also have a few bouncy things that the little ones could play on and then in part of the gym with carnival games - the children would go up to each one get a few tickets then go to the back and pick up some candy. They really enjoyed it. One of the things they had was a dunk tank where all the pastors took a turn where people would through a ball to hit a button which would release the chair they were sitting on, sending them into the dunk tank. Was fun to watch

My lazy boy chair needs a new remote control - it should be here today - so since Saturday I have been sitting up to sleep - boy I am ever looking forward to the remote to come and praying that it will work otherwise we will need to buy a new chair and don't have the money for one right now. But it will be nice to stretch out again after 5 nights sleeping sitting up.

Have a good day / evening everyone
  • Restfinder
    Ugh, what a mess! Sorry your tummy didn't like the antibiotics. I hope that you can get the bugs taken care of quickly.

I'm still having some breathing issues and occasionally a cough from irritation in my throat. A couple of times I've coughed something up, but I think it's more from head drainage than lung gunk! Laying down is when I have the most trouble, or when I get busy doing something. I'm going to call and see if the imaging center has a cancellation and I can get the CT scan earlier, otherwise I'm scheduled for Oct 2nd. I have to fast for 6 hours before, but I can eat breakfast since my appointment is at 1:00 - woohoo, that means lunch out.

No change in my weight - boohoo. In some ways that's good because I still have lipedema putting fat on my body, so if I'm not gaining I'm losing it somewhere else. For me to see the loss I have to eat less than 1000 calories a day and that's just not enough for me.

I sure hope your days gets better and better! Love you
  • bren5535
    Hello Marilyn! I hear you on the chair...I have an oversized recliner with the manual leg thing but no strength in my legs to push it down to get out of it. There have been a few times I had to sleep in it and I have afoot stool (actually a shower chair) with a cushion on it I can use to get my feet up...

Mary came today....the exterminator was here yesterday but they couldn't get in! Totally odd because I don't lock my door! I told her perhaps with my fuzzy mind, I locked me in, not meaning to! They will come back Tuesday to do the inspection, praise God...I will have to pay, which I fully expected...and I was relieved to know another tenant in a townhouse suite has them and she's far from me so not my group at her spot. She got hers from anew sofa she had delivered! I pray that none of mine have gone visiting to the surrounding units. God is with me in all of this....has been and always will be....

My pain is back about how it was before the hospital stay....which tho still quite bad, is better....make any sense?
  • kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 81 Member
    My sweet grandbaby had her first stayover with just her gramma last night. I love her so much!
    My anniversary was on 9/12. 32 years. I spent it with my 2 boys. My hubby and daughter went in to WV. I did not go. I did not want to leave my son behind. Please continue to pray for him. He has a GI appt on the 26th.
    Sort of upset me that my hubby chose to leave on our Anniversary.
    Please pray for him...he is not the same. Mental disease is REAL! and very hard on not only the person suffering...but also the spouse!...and children!!!
    My right hip/leg/knee pain has been almost unbearable at times...I push through the pain...but could use a touch from the Good LORD!
    My grandbaby was 11 pounds and 23 inches long at her 2 month visit! She is growing very well to be a preemie baby.
    prayers for you all...May God heal us and protect us!

• Restfinder
    Marilyn, I missed your message! We have had several recliners and the best ones are the ones with the electric controls rather than the handle! I have the handle right now, and I have to bend one leg to get it to go all the way up and lean back in the chair. It goes down pretty easily. Sometimes I have to kick my feet against it to get it to go in all the way. The one Wade has is the best - it has controls for the head, the back, and the feet. I used to use it, but it's too high and it was hard to get into it and then all the way back to support my back. This is the one we kept Mom in during the day. If she wanted her legs down, I could put the rest almost all the way down, but it still kept her in the chair - she didn't like that, but we couldn't keep taking her in and out of the chair because her damaged brain kept telling her she wanted to get up. It was sooo much help in those days. I'm sorry about the weight issues. Sometimes if you change things up a little bit you shock your body back into weight loss.

Bren, I remember when I was watching the Lord of the Rings, in one part there was a line about hating to be in a war, but having to wait for it to begin was even worse. I hope that things go as they should on Tuesday.

Missy, prayers for your son! Prayers for you and your husband as well. Give grace and patience to your husband, he may not always know just what he is doing, and more than likely can't help it. We would get frustrated with Mom until we remembered that she had no idea what she was doing and we just simply had to be extra patient and loving. I keep reminding myself that my life isn't about me, it's about serving God first and foremost and glorifying Him in whatever I do, and then honoring and regarding others above myself. Not easy, and not always successful, but it is my heart's desire and I keep praying and working out my salvation with fear and trembling! I hope you have answers for your son soon. Give the baby hugs from Auntie Kim! :)
  • bren5535
    Good morning dear friends....

I came close to going home last night....I woke up very sick, managed to get my 911 call button in hand and called for help.....and finally got her to understand where I was and that I was having diabetic issues. I couldn't sit up, get up or move....
    I came to with 4-5 guys surrounding my bed, having to holler at me because I can't hear...my sugar had dropped to 24.
    I was hauled off back to the hospital...was given 2 nasty glucose packs by a paramedic, 2 orange juice cups and offered a snack meal but couldn't eat. Was feeling nauseous at that point. I was given an IV pack of dextrose and finally got stable after 11:00. Praise God, I got to come home! I had taken too much insulin for my dinner meal and then my Tresiba before going to bed. I will not do that again!
    The nurse packed the snack meal and 6 cups of juice in my bag for me. That was sweet! I did get sick this morning around 6:00....but other than feeling weak and wonky, am OK. My sugar was 316 this morning...Ack!

Prayers for us all here and our assorted needs. May God heal, comfort, protect and provide as He knows our hearts and greatest needs. Love you all.

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    Well my new remote control for my lazy boy chair came in - and it works. I was so overjoyed to connect it to the chair and then lay back with my feet up. Snoozed off a bit in the afternoon but had a much better sleep last night - got up and had breakfast with hubby and when he left to have coffee with a friend, I laid back down and sleep from 9 to 11 this morning. I am sure for the next couple of nights I will sleep well due to the fact I didn't sleep much much for 5 days when the remote didn't work. The $51 for the remote has been the best investment in years and am so grateful that I was able to find one.

Bren - am holding you up in extra prayers. You seem to be on a road of things going wrong - but the Lord is with you and you will prevail. That must hav scary with the blood showin 365 - that is so high. It is difficult having diabetes but it can be managed - I am so grateful now that mine is under control and that I am now off meds - just controling it with food and exercise and must say the exercise part of the equation is not going well. Food issues are not the best either but overall when I look at the changes I am pleased. Now just to be consistent in following my food program better. The big issue I have is looking after my kidneys. Funtion should be 60 and I am at 10 last blood test. The doctors told me 2 years ago September that I needed diaylsis by December of that year and said that lifes expectance would problely 3 - 5 years. Well it has been 2 years so far and no dialysis yet. Have had 6 operations 3 on each arm so that I could have diaylis - all operations failed. I believe it failed because the Lord new that was not the way for me at this time. Kidney doctors are at a loss - they say just keep eating right (no added salt) lose some weight and I should be ok for awhile yet

The Lord is good - leaning on Him all day and learning how to be connected better with the Holy Spirit - good sermon on that a couple of weeks ago on how we have the Holy Spirit with us but we do not lean in on him for help or power - it really works so much better re my faith when I lean completely on the trinity every day, every hour.

Be blessed ladies - keep putting Christ 1st and all will be good for you
  • kzrkzr
    24 is crazy!!! I remember mine dropping in the 50s and I could not get enough thought to hardly move and I managed into my hubby bedroom where he was in bed, and he refused to help me. Thank God for my son who quickly grabbed something sweet. I never want to experience that again!
    I'm sorry Bren. Thank God you are ok!!!!
  • kzrkzr
    Kim, he has been diagnosed with several mental issues...many years ago. He is fine when he is on the meds. He is refusing the meds, and treatment. I could totally understand if it was something he had no control over. He is just refusing treatment!
    Very few people know how hard it's been on me. Sometimes I just feel like mentally and physically collapsing!

I will give her a hug from Auntie Kim for sure!

Thank you all for your prayers