Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,552 Member
    I wouldn't doubt that music is a good trigger for memories, I know I have some very good memories where music is concerned! Although, I suppose it would depend on the type of music, there is some very brain deadening music out there nowadays! LOL!

Bren, the e-mail said that it was from Brenda Bradshaw. Well, I have very good security and it doesn't appear that anyone has stolen anything from me, so I just deleted it! Nothing downloaded anyway, but I hope trying to download didn't put anything bad on my computer! I have AVG Pro and it should have caught it anyway! Sigh - I thought you sent me something and was so excited! :D We'll have to come up with a secret subject line just in case you ever run across something you want to send me or I run into something I want to send you! heeheehee.

Not much happening in my world. I am working on getting all of the Blog Posts from my pastor edited. I have them all downloaded to my computer and am going through and editing them to be easily read and used for study or encouragement. I have pages of stuff I want to look more deeply at when I get done with doing this. I am hoping to have it done by Christmas and have a memory stick for each family with the blogs on it. It's been an awesome way to do my Bible Studying.

Well, I'll let y'all go. Have a great week! Love you
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 872 Member
    edited August 2022
    I too, hope you didn't get anything on your computer. I get messages on FB from friends hacked pages...one just the other day supposedly from my brother but using words he wouldn't use, and I didn't think of that until I'd sent the requested phone numbers he'd supposedly lost! Evil running rampant. Great idea using a catch phrase so we'd know it's a legit message!

I did a walk in store run today for the first time in at least 6 months. Was sadly disappointed...no advertised cantaloupe, salads higher than advertised price...2 sad little avocados for 1.00 each...oh well. It qualified as a couple of wee walks. Nothing to see here folks...move along. I'll stick with my HEB and Wal-Mart.

That is so neat! Doing a memory stick for each family! This girl still doesn't know how to back up her computer!
    I thought this was cute and snagged it...LOL ylu9imnifa4p.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Phew, that's how we look in NC too! Although the temps have been coming down a wee bit. It's overcast today so shouldn't be as hot! I never used to sweat - I guess that's another perk of getting older!

Hope y'all have a very good day. Love ya
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    y9cud4ttcvgc.jpg
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,809 Member
    Marilyn - not sure about the "brain repair", but music is sure good for my soul! My piano is used everyday.
  • bren5535
    Kim, we had a record in July. ll but 4 days were over 100...up to 107, 109....the 4 days under were 99, 97, and 2 at 95. Just getting my order at HEB at 10 AM was too much for me. I normally pick up at 8:30.

Music....used to be such a joy to me. I've lost much more than just my hearing with the Meneire's. Most music is loud, jangly racket to me anymore. So glad you have yours!

Yesterday was a hard battle day...awake until 5 AM (from 11:30 pm on)...a nap...restless one and extreme pain when I got up. My sleep patterns have been wrecked for some time now. Oh well....add to my project list! I will create some soothing moments....
    3270gdn81ohe.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Get back on that diet your doctor told you about, that should help with the inflammation and pain! I hate that you suffer so much with that.

Last night I couldn't bend my left thumb without a lot of pain. I found my compression glove for that hand and put that on. I woke with a headache and couldn't get into my med packet without using that left thumb. After I used my nail to open the packet, the pain went away for awhile. It's back right now, but I'm praising the Lord for that reprieve. So strange. I can feel the joint popping and moving when I bend it, so the arthritis must have moved from the ball of my thumb and that bottom joint up to the joint in the middle of my thumb. Both thumbs hurt in that place now, but the left one is worse. I need to remember to use my pain cream on it. It's all natural without any aspirin or anti-inflammatory stuff, but it works fairly well. I take so much Tylenol for my headaches I don't want to take any for my joint pain.

John 16:33 "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."  KJV says, "be of good cheer," I pray that peace and courage and good cheer would be yours today as you walk in Christ.

Be of good cheer,
  • Marilynsretired
    3nwix9vsbj9p.jpg
  • Restfinder
    How cute!

Woke with a headache the last two mornings. I don't think the Emgality works on anything but migraines, and I get at least three different kinds of headaches. I may have to just go ahead and do the application for help to get the Aimovig, because that one worked much better!

Wade moved my office to the room that had been Mom's bedroom. It's sunnier in there, and not so warm as the other bedroom I had been in - the sun shines all morning on that room and makes it rather warm. Wade is going to use that one for his music room and office. My room is my office, the spare bedroom and a "reading" room - we moved the book case in here! LOL! I don't mind, I'm on one wall near the window and everything else is to my back! LOL! We talked about moving our bedroom, but both of the other bedrooms are on the street side and are much brighter than the room we are in. It has carpeting, not a plus, but it is quieter and darker, so I'd rather stay in there! We are talking about painting the rooms, lots of yellowy paint throughout the house, and neither of us like that shade. We would like to do blue-green colors. That is more "beachy" too. There are lots of cracks in the ceilings and walls as well that will need to be patched up, but the house is sound! It better be after we put in lots of money to have the underside of the house fixed when we moved in. When Florence came through many houses in the area flooded, this one did suffer some water damage, but didn't flood out, so we need to go through and re-fix the patchwork that the owner did to get it ready for sale. Some of those patches aren't holding! LOL! Do we care - not a wit. God opened this door and He knew everything beforehand, so we are blessed to be in our home, wrinkles and all! God is so incredibly good!
  • Marilynsretired
    ktx495t73d57.jpg
  • bren5535
    My pain has eased up some, Kim, but the sleep issues need to be resolved. Not sure how to go about it but will look into it. I'm going to sleep around 9:30, waking at midnight, up/awake until 5 AM, back down for a nap...which extends to 10 AM...I am wrecked at the moment.

You are so right...God opened the doors for you guys to be where you are so little quirks can be dealt with as needed....without a lot of angst.

I just had breakfast...egg beaters and 2 toast (7 grain...really good). I had dinner at 7 PM so it was 9 hours between meals.

I have a trigger finger, the ring finger on my right hand. It locks up fairly often. Who knows why certain things develop a glitch?
  • Restfinder
    Oh my! I have a friend who has a finger that closes up on her. Ain't we a marvelous creation of God??? Amen!

Didn't sleep well last night. I wasn't sleepy so it was after three before I finally fell asleep, then I got a headache at about 5:25. Can't lay down when I have a headache so I sat up until about a quarter to seven and went back to bed until 8:30. Feeling quite loopy right now! LOL!

Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    stsdt6g70ecz.jpg
  • bren5535
    I'm on day 7 or 8 with the getting up in the wee hours. Today I decided to stay up...so have been awake since 11 PM and it's now 7:40 AM...
    I killed a bunch of bugs, fed a couple of cats, got my mail from like Tuesday-Friday, mailed 2 payments and got trash out again, cleared up my bags of things from my last order, placed a new one for tomorrow and I'm having coffee for the first time in 4 days. Oh boy!

I need to sort my fridge, get my apples tucked away. My 4 pitiful potatoes from this order are just that...pitiful! Not worth the .46 cents each! Oh well...some times I get big enough ones to call bakers so I shouldn't whine much. I'll use those measly little things in a pot of soup today. I have a wee bit of ground pork to use and will see what else I can muster up. I have a ton of lovely frozen veggies to use and lots of onions...and my Better than Bullion stuff.
    I still need to put together a bag of items for a neighbor and set it out. I'll work on that as I clean and sort my cabinets and bins soon.

My finger locking issue started about a year ago. In the grand scheme of things it's a very minor issue.
    I'd be crying all the time with all the headache troubles. I'm so thankful those don't make my list!

My BP was only 121/78 80 today. Yippee! It's been much too long since it was about normal! FBS was high...working on that and weight at 232.2.....down a wee bit. I am counting down to Fall....Let's roll!

5cil89ypobyp.jpg4ukpyoob0a0t.jpg

• Marilynsretired
    zdzqswrpe5qq.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    n5dnn3515wkk.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    kxkmo06dry4m.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Awesome pictures, ladies! Laughs and awwws.

Doing well. I couldn't believe when I got on the scale and it was 234.4. I don't deserve it! But I'll take it!

Been doing a lot on the computer lately. I found a pair of reading glasses that help me see the computer rather than having to lean up close to get it in my reading portion of my bifocals. Wade has my laptop connected to a bigger monitor and I enlarged the print so that it would be easier on my eyes. Now I have to remember to change back when I leave my office - I can't see when I walk around in the computer ones! LOL!

Can't wait for Fall either, will be able to do outside walking again.

Wade changed our living room around so I am going to have to go through all my junk I keep around my chair - what a mess! I need it all, I just like it right there at arms reach! LOL! He brought my foot stool back in so I can put my meds and supplements in that again, it will make things so much easier, and all the supplements that I have beside my chair can get tucked in there!

Well, I better stop rambling. Love ya
  • Restfinder
    Happy Tuesday! Hope y'all are having a good start to your week and feeling better than you have been!

I'm wearing a splint on my thumb, it should keep me from trying to bend it when it doesn't want to. It's just weird, sometimes it won't bend without extreme pain, then it will be fine, but when I bend it it pops. Who knows what is going on! Do you have knuckle arthritis? Does it act like this? Thanks for any help y'all may be able to give me.

We've had a few cloudy days and some rain, praise the Lord!

I came across this passage going through my Pastor's blog posts, a very good thing to apply and remember:
    2 Tim 4:6-8
    6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
    7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
    8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Are we ready? Have we fought the good fight and kept the faith! I pray that this is and will be my determination as we face the last days. Hopefully we will go to meet Him in the air, but if our days come to an end, let's be ready to go!
  • Marilynsretired
    lfnsm9xu6txw.jpg