Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited August 2022
    Sounds like there needs to be less fiber in the diet!

Hoowee, stood outside talking to my neighbor for a little bit - hot, hot, hot. I got my daily dose of vitamin D!

Back down to 234, so happy! Drinking more today. I've been getting up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, feel the urgency but there is hardly anything there. I had a cup of cranberry juice and added my powdered cranberry, a bit more than I normally drink and am hoping that will help. I'll do some more in my smoothie for lunch. Just keep praying nothing is wrong. Hoping the extra fluids don't just soak into my lymph system but actually help to flush me out!

I forgot to take my morning meds yesterday. Was brushing my teeth in the evening and felt out of breath, checked my pulse and it was 130 - yep, I do still need my metoprolol! My high today was 119 and I was doing a bit of walking around the house, so it's where it's supposed to be right now.

Lunch time! Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    Just a short update. I am starting to improve - have been told it could be 4 - 6 weeks before I am back to 'normal' but my body is healing and have been able to get things 'moving' after having had so much codeine for the pain

Monday night (about 8 pm) I was readmitted to emergency and they (the kidney stone doctor) said they thought it best if I had surgery immediately as one of the stones was to big. Well that has been an experience in itself - learned a lot and hopefully the nurses (they are so unappreciated but sometimes they can be a bit bitchy just like the patient) - time for the hospital officials to understand that one bed does not work well for everyone - they have to look at purchasing ones for people that have arthritis in their back and have acid reflex - I can't lay flat on my back because of both so when I woke in recovery I was not a happy camper and loudly let them know that I had to sit up - much to their disgust they let me and then said 'oh you do seem better sitting up' At any rate things are starting to work so that is good. Just waiting to hear from the kidney stone doctor for a follow up visit to make sure all stones are out and more importantly that the GFR number has started to go up - if it is still down then we have a whole different set of issues to handle which really scares me.

ulk5mv4yj14l.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    r9g3g0lz4kkz.jpg
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 872 Member
    So sorry to hear of this latest trial Marilyn. Hoping your next report shows some improvement.

Kim, there are some nights that I am up every hour and that makes for an exhausting night for sure. I'm so thankful for the reprieves I get with only 4 times to get up. Hope your cranberry stuff kicks in for you.

I got my Wal-Mart order yesterday and a sweet neighbor, walking her dog offered to put her dog up and help me. That was a blessing...I was getting it done but told her I so appreciated her offer. My cart is very helpful getting things in but the 15-20 minutes of labor really had my back screaming. I had to take a break to relax it, in order to finish. It was a bad day, back wise. That was my only chore I managed to do.

Today...I will play in the kitchen, vacuum and declutter my table. My fridge looks like this again...
    bv4efb0j724g.jpg

• Restfinder
    If that is your refrigerator, Bren, I don't think bologna is on your diet! LOL! But those piles of veggies are probably real and you are such a good girl!

I bought some stuff to make my broccoli salad, so I will do that for my dinner tonight and have a hamburger patty that Wade did on the grill yesterday. I did a yogurt and fruit salad yesterday and had some leftover French Fries and my hamburger patty with cole slaw and chili. Yummers!

Marilyn, I'm glad that they finally have taken care of the problem. Mom's nurses were amazing when she was at the hospital. We have a hospital about 25 minutes away from us, but the one that is an hour and 20 minutes away from us is far better and we kept taking her there. We did have trouble in the ER on one day, a super long wait, but then they had a long line of people coming in with the symptoms of that new form of Covid, so they were overwhelmed. We always tried to shine the light of Christ when we interacted with them, glorifying our Father. Oh yeah, I'm like you, have to sleep at an angle. I tried pillows and wedges and stuffing something under the mattress, but finally got an adjustable bed so I can raise and lower the head and the feet whenever I need to. The only problem is when the power goes off and my bed suddenly goes flat. I can stop that by unplugging the bed after I get it where I want it, for some reason that doesn't lower it! Strange!

Hope you ladies have an awesome day.
  • Marilynsretired
    b3jt8obu8y5k.jpg
  • bren5535
    Guilty as charged Kim. Bologna follows me home fairly often. Your HB patty plus sounds good. I do one in the AF on occasion. I've had Tostadas with beans and cheese on baked shells the past two days. They were yummy.
  • Restfinder
    It's been awhile since I've had anything "Mexican" or "Texan" other than a taco salad made at home!

Here's an article about Monkey Pox, hope it helps lessen the fear mongering that the news is trying to flood us with: https://suzycohen.com/articles/monkeypox-explained-10-fascinating-facts/

I didn't read all of it, but enough to know that I'm not likely to ever get it! LOL!

Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    uxn1rf1gbfoi.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    iowzd0bsqg7x.jpg
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,809 Member
    Just checking in...all is well. I am trying to re-acclimate to the different diets that the guys need to follow. I realized that a kidney diet I found online works well for both guys and the 4 diets I need to follow. Now I am trying to work through it.

Maryilyn, my BIL just found out that his kidney functions went down to 34 and my husband is at 33, so I know what you are going through. We are working on them and both are to be further tested soon.
  • Restfinder
    I am so glad that my kidney function was normal this time! I just need to watch my carbs and my sodium to help with my swelling and with my cholesterol. I was told years ago by a nutritionist that watching my cholesterol numbers didn't really help lower cholesterol, the saturated fat numbers were what would lower it. As it turns out, because my high numbers are genetic there isn't a lot of change diet and exercise makes for me.

Hopefully going to go out tonight to celebrate hubby's retiring! Will be careful!
  • Marilynsretired
    lksdr9k6hidh.jpg
  • Restfinder
    I agree with that! Yesterday is gone, tomorrow isn't promised, so live today with all that you've got - and make it be for Jesus!

Went out to dinner last night. Had sea food, flounder, shrimp and clams - fried. I ate about half of it and brought the rest home for dinner tonight. I did have a slice of lemon pie, Ritz cracker crust and a whipped cream topping - yummers! I was full up to my ears! So beautiful too, right on the sound.
  • Marilynsretired
    mqy6js6qkm90.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    og5njy972kbw.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Tremendous responsibility raising kids. God called Wade and I to a different path and we rejoice in where He leads us! Wish we could have had a great influence on our nieces and nephews. We took our opportunities, but when they are far and few in between it's hard.

Did some walking outside today. Still a wee bit too hot, around 85 degrees out there, but felt nice getting that in! My weight right now is 237, so have to get those off now! Will do some house walking this afternoon. Praise the Lord my swelling is better, not gone, but not as bad as it had been. God is good!

Hope you are recovering well, Marilyn; and you are doing well, Bren. I tried to open those pictures you sent me, but it wouldn't download! :( Love you both!
  • bren5535
    Huh? Pictures? Was it by e-mail? If so, it was a hack! I get messages from David Bradshaw still...and he's been gone 3.5 years. I don't open them...ever!

Oh my! The retirement dinner sounds wonderful! I haven't had proper seafood in a very long time but I do enjoy my Tilapia and it makes a regular appearance at my spot. I cook it in the toaster oven with a side of veggies and coleslaw and did fish tacos recently with some.

I'm doing OK here at my spot. Enjoying each day I get and am so very thankful for the comforts of my "home" and the blessings that fill it. God is so good to me! Got things spiffed up a bit on Thursday before the bug man came. I leave the door open for him and he comes in waving his arms for my attention as he knows I don't hear him.

I am doing a new thing....back to Restriction. Starting with a list of 5 "trigger" foods to avoid and yes, I did have to go back and edit my pick up order to delete them! I started with 5 foods and 2 habits for the rest of the month. I did up a simple meal plan, listing choices for 4 breakfast/lunch and dinners....
    I have a kitchen full of lovely, healthy things to eat that I can prepare in the 7-10 minutes that I can stand. Hoping to improve my pain and mobility levels as I wean myself off the things that have caused so much damage. I DID leave potatoes on my list. I buy 4 at a time....and use them 1 at a time. Yesterday for dinner I had a nice pork patty in the AF with my lovely salad.
    zs1kulaudzbi.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    3pj31iqqp7ks.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    xcl0ovys50p2.jpg