Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,552 Member
    Amen! on both of those, Marilyn! Our relationship with God should be dynamic, not static!

Tired today. Woke at about 4:30 with a migraine. Took my meds and went back to bed until 7:30. Kind of dragging a bit today.

Holding at 234.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    rqtt3an7u0hj.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    q2rhzl6xj9c9.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Hope y'all have a blessed weekend! We were able to have all of our services yesterday on Zoom. Pastor David was feeling much better - praise the Lord.

Please be praying now for Joanna. She has had quite a bit of pain in her lower abdomen. She has a consult coming up on Friday. Her daughter is the one who just has surgery to remove a spot of cancer on her forehead. All is going really well with her. She did awesomely and her faith in the Lord is strong!

I'm glad that we will be in the 60's today. It was a bit chilly yesterday and I didn't sit on the porch at all. Not sure I'll sit out there today either, 60 is as high as it is going to go - and that is too low for me! LOL! Can't wait 'til it gets a bit warmer. I've enjoyed the times I've spent out there.

God bless y'all. Love you
  • Marilynsretired
    fntsa5d0d2g5.jpg
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 873 Member
    edited February 2023
    Kim, we're having mid 80's here and I love it...Even tho I don't go out much, I enjoy sunny, lovely days.
    Yesterday I made myself go pick up my Lisinopril at Walgreen's and got my order from HEB. Now I need to do something with it. I didn't mean to get 2 bags each of shredded cabbage and coleslaw mix. The CS mix comes with that little packet of dressing...and the cabbage doesn't. I get that for stir fries and soup. Anyhoo...now I have all that, 2 bags of salad and goods for that. I wish I could donate that drawer full of Levemir so I'd have a space for my produce. It's piled high in there.

This is day 3 with a sore throat. I had some comforting soup for dinner last night. Progresso. Quite yummy. I think I'll do some broth and tea today. I haven't had a cuppa tea in over a year...since I left work. I'll check my honey. I did get fresh lemons yesterday and a cup of hot water w/fresh lemon juice and a bit of honey is very comforting too.

Hey...I'm still in your rearview mirror back here. 237 today, FBS is 167 and BP...169/82 64

Prayers for Joanna and continued prayer for Pastor David....and for you and Wade as well. Our phases and stages of life bring challenges and much joy. I am so very thankful to be on this journey and for the gift of each new day.

Marilyn, I saved the veggie/fruit pic to print and laminate. It will end up on my fridge as a reminder...I do love my produce, but waste so much I am embarrassed.

I'm going to get coffee on and get my day started...be blessed Ladies. Love you all...
    5tbja4esl3lz.jpg

• Restfinder
    Too cute! There was this cat in a store I went into. I tried to say Hi to it but it just hissed at me! Nice Kitty! LOL!

Thank you for your prayers. Pastor David is doing much better. He still gets tired easily, but he is functioning pretty normally this past week. Joanna has a consult at the end of the week to see what is to be done, if anything. Still not even sure what the problem is. Your prayers are so very appreciated for me too. I did walk some yesterday, but then last night my legs weren't happy. I took my Tramadol before I went to bed but then my legs got that tight feeling and I kept squeezing my muscles, but then they would cramp. I got up and had a tbsp of mustard for the cramps and took two more Tramadol and was finally able to go to sleep. I'll not walk today and then try again tomorrow.

I was at 235 this morning. I have been eating whatever I feel like, but my meals have been healthy! My cookies are sugar-free and I'm being very careful not to eat more than two of them at a time. Wade brought home a blueberry pie and I had some of that yesterday. I am going to have to quit the wheat for several days, it's talking back to me today and I'm not liking the sassiness!

It's still in the 60's today, but the upper 60's. Was able to spend some time out on the deck before lunch. So nice! Please send your 80's our way! LOL!

Love y'all. My prayers are with you.

• Marilynsretired
    @bren5535 - I hear you about the waste re vegetables and fruit. One thing I have learned lately is that at the end of the week when I am ready to get more groceries I take out all the fresh vegetables left in the fridge and make up a pot of homemade soup with them. Also after lots of persuading I have shown my husband that taking the bones of the chicken and boiling them with lots of onions and celery, and then straining them we have good homemade broth rather than buying them. So that is something we also do once a week - doesn't take a long time to do but do the bones to make the broth the same time when we clean out the fridge so we are ready for the coming week. I am sure you have probably done the same but thought I would share as it is a way to help with not throwing out food.

Today is my weigh in day - 238.8 (up 0.8 of a pound for the week) so need to really eat better this coming week.

pljjgawe55kv.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    00vh92ekzq1l.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Happy Wednesday, ladies! Hope y'all are having a good week. It's been beautiful here. A little chilly yesterday, but it's warm today at 70 degrees - yippee!

I didn't weigh this morning, but yesterday I was at 235. I did have some sugar-free white chocolate bar and a sugar-free cookie today. My breakfast was a protein drink, and lunch was another kind of protein drink and veggie chips. Not sure what dinner will be.

Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    odlk2fanrajf.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    kxgxh2jfsj4e.jpg
  • Restfinder
    So cute! Yes, Marily, I am doing well today. We are having such beautiful and warm weather here. It's around 72 today. I was able to sit out on the porch for a little bit.

Hope you ladies have a great weekend. Love you
  • Marilynsretired
    h58ptrlmrgsb.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Love baby Yoda. I know he has a different name in the series, but I don't remember it! I saw one or two of the shows, but they cuss in it, so we didn't bother trying any more.

I found a beautiful shell-shaped bowl today at the thrift store and put my lighthouse and shells in it. It looks really nice! Went out to eat too and had grilled shrimp and fries. I was able to get some sugar free cookies too. Three orange cream wafers are 160 calories. Not bad for a snack! I am going to have donuts for breakfast in the morning, glazed ones, but then no other treats for the day. We are going to try and make these cube steaks that mom used to make. She seared the cube steaks with flour on them then put them in the crockpot with gravy. They were fall apart tender. Now to figure it out and have it come out as yummy! LOL!

Love you! Have a blessed Lord's Day!
  • bren5535
    edited February 2023
    I hope your meal turns out great. I ended up making soup with my "tenderized" round steak a couple of weeks or so back. It was delicious. I used to make smothered steak or swiss steak with it back in my "youth".

I'm a member of The Burning Kitchen on FB and some of those ladies are awesome cooks and my contributions are like my poached eggs and toast....which was delicious BTW....but seriously simple fair...so it made me feel really good when the "leader" posted her dinner of those little boxed pizza roll things and Alfredo noodles, from the box! LOL
    k2caql77dunn.jpg

Donuts: Enjoy your rare treat! I actually bought some back about November. Walmart has a 2-pack in the bakery of assorted ones. That was when my sugar was running really high, still... and I put the last pack in a give away bag for a neighbor.

Your bowl with the treasures sounds lovely! I haven't been shopping in a very long time....other than the online/pick up thing but have thru the years accumulated a lot of things to love.

I have gained about 10 pounds since I retired 14 months ago. I just read an article this morning (it's 12:15 AM so is morning) about the necessity of activity as we age and just about every point except the buddy thing hit home. The one thing is doesn't specify as an "excuse" is pain....and I would have been doubly impressed if it had touched on that subject. There are many more than me with that being a major hindrance.... like so bad I have trouble standing up straight, much less walking briskly. However...one point it made was to start slow...with 5-10 minutes daily if need be, and the stretching...and the Boyz have such awesome tips...so I need a boost of discipline, strength, wisdom and courage...to get up and go with the rest of my days. God will do the heavy lifting. I have to be willing to do what I can...until I can do more.

Have a blessed and beautiful day, Ladies. It's supposed to get back up to 80 today after 2 days in the 30-45 range. I'm looking forward to it. Love and prayers~
  • Marilynsretired
    p0lak8qrbvsd.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    m4zpiau7d5sj.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Thanks for the hug, Marilyn, it felt very good!

The donuts were a bit stale, so, honestly, not worth the calories! LOL!

Went out for lunch today after Wade's doctor's appt. I had sauteed shrimp, fried okra (not so good), and applesauce. Oh, and I did have two hush puppies. It was really good. We did some shopping afterwards. I've go 3514 steps so far today, far more than I usually get. We went to Ollies and found too much stuff. I found one of those pillow tablet holders. It has been hurting my hands to have to hold my tablet while I play games, now I can play without that problem! We found some Voortman wafer cookies for cheap too, but Wade will get to eat those (after I had my initial single serving). We saw a patio set that really tempted us, two padded rockers and a little table. Wade has to go back next week and if we don't see anything else in the mean time we may get that set. I also found a journal for cheap and will keep my prayer lists in there.

Well, enough of that. I hope you ladies had a very good weekend and that this week will be much better than last! Love you
  • bren5535
    edited February 2023
    I had my cardiologist's appt. today and felt really bad....was very dizzy and disoriented, was struggling to find words and names....scary. She had an EKG run on me and asked 2-3 times if I was having chest pains or shortness of breath...wanted to schedule a stress test since it's been 10 years since I had one and that was before my 4 stents. I asked for a proxy to take it for me since I can only stand for about 7 minutes before my back is screaming in pain.

I got my notes in an e-mail after I got home and my BP was 241/105....no wonder I was having issues. That was stroke level...yikes. It was 170/84 at home....down now to 146/79, thank You Jesus!
    We will "discuss" the stress test and another echo thing when I return in August. She did say "Let's not wait 2 years before you come back again, OK?" She called in a scrip for my Amlodopine, since I'd been out for over 6 weeks and my kidney Dr. wouldn't refill until I see her again.

I stopped at Cash Savers on my way home for salad goods and found some bagged collard greens marked down. I did only get 2 and not the 6 bags. LOL

Lunch was a Nailed It affair....was wanting this....and managed...that but it was delicious! No cheese and would have liked more onion...Much too tired to shrink pictures...

7q1k71w6ys87.jpg
    n2w7stgruq2m.jpg