Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 873 Member
    Thursday: Time flies, doesn't it?

My numbers are down this morning so maybe my weigh in at 4 AM was a bit early yesterday? It's 238.8 this morning, not 242...whew! BP is doing better...137/79 64 today and FBS is 146.

I used one of the Salon Pas pads yesterday but it's not easy to get on with 2 tight shoulders...half of the right side stuck together.

My stick vacuum needs an intevention....it spits things back out, has a toothpick hung in the roller thing and suction is way down. I'll play with it after I have another cup of coffee.

I had to "play" with my phone yesterday. The message app thing-ee was missing off my screen and I had to google how to get it back on there. LOL Little things confound me some days. Reminds me of the call I got from David when he initiated contact so many years back...he admitted to googling me...He's been gone 4 years now...I was so very thankful he had his heart right with God while there was time....I pray the same for my brother and so many others...
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    Thought I would update a bit on how I am doing.
    A week ago I came down with a horrible cough and vomitting - was told it was a flu that was going around - anyway it has been horrible - feeling hungry knowing I should eat but when I did I would start coughing and it seemed that all I brought up was from having a build up of gas in the stomach. Then I started to wheez and when blowing it was colored (sorry for to much information) so called the doctor - he prescribed a puffer and meds to clear it up. What a blessing to have that puffer - can use it up to 4 times a day to aid with breathing - after 2 days it is so much easier to breath - and the meds are working at clearing up infection - so though I am still tired (this could also be because of my kidney function) I am feeling much better - not enough to go 'dancing' but better.

While all of this was happening I noticed my blood pressure was going up as well as my heart rate - I worked on not being anxious about this as I felt sure that it was due to the cold/flu that I have had - as the blood pressure and heart rate is back to a more normal number Praise the Lord.

@bren5535 - praying for your health - you seem to be one strong lady and seem to just push through what you are going through. I know it can be frustrating to see that we are back up to a high weight but we can do it. I find that I get down on myself for losing so slowly - about 20 pounds a year - and now I have lost 76 pounds in 5 years so though I am still far away from a healthy weight I am going in the right direction. I know for me I just need to remember to eat healthy and then the scale will do the right thing but when I give in to cravings or when I get to lazy to have a health lunch or dinner but go for more of a junky one well I pay the price. Let me tell you that now that I am in Stage 4 Kidney Failure and getting prepped for diaylsis - well eating healthy is the only way. I am still learning to take it one day at a time, one meal at a time making sure I make the best choices.

The one big change I have made 7 months ago was changing up the protein - have given up all red meat, have a little chicken or a little fish but not what most plans would recommend. I have learned through research that having 4 oz of animal protein at lunch and again at dinner is to much but when I bring it down to only 2 oz much better - and if I have animal protein at lunch I don't have any for dinner - I increase the vegetables and the starch. Yes starch. I have had 2 baked potatoes plus a basic lettuce tomato celery salad for a meal. Love those baked potatoes - and when I eat like that I lose between 2 - 4 pounds the first week - so many people are so scare of eating 'starch' but it is ok to have potatoes, rice or pasta - just make sure you have some vegetables with it.

Anyway I have rambled on long enough - praying for all of you - am not going to take 30 - 45 minutes to be with the Lord as the program I am doing is helping me get a balanced life. If interested let me know - it is called First Place 4 Health

416jyxso68ad.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,552 Member
    Both of those pictures are very good. Thanks for sharing them!

Went out today. Wade had a doctor's appointment in the big town of New Bern, so we went to Ollies. We decided against the outdoor rocker set, although a good price, still more than we are willing to pay right now! I need a cusion for my head on the rocker I have outside, but when I went looking couldn't find anything. They had a cushion at Ollies, but it was too big and would overlap the one that is on there, then I would have a bulge in the middle of my back! heeheehee. I did get a lumbar pillow for my inside chair and it came today. I am using it right now in my office chair. Too big for that! I think I might just use a neck pillow outside and then keep it near the front door so it is handy whenever I sit in my rocker. Right now I can't lay my head back because it's too far to the chair and very uncomfortable.

We went to Arby's for lunch. I'll have the second half of my Reuben for dinner! Yummers!

Oh, Bren, we called Jake Gooberhead, so now some of my passwords have that in it! He was a smart dog, but sometimes he was just a Goober (like on Andy Griffith).

Well you ladies have a great evening. Love you
  • Restfinder
    1nfeuz45g6kg.jpg

We will soon be celebrating the Resurrection of our Savior - which we should actually do every day, but especially on this day we give special attention to what He did for us, defeating sin and death!

Here is a blog post from my pastor on why we say Happy Resurrection rather than Happy Easter.

04/16/14 DOESN'T MAKE SENSE
    So, I still don't see how Christians don't see the problem of representing Christ with Ishtar, Christ's resurrection with decorated eggs, and the empty tomb with bunny rabbits, all of which are pagan symbols of blasphemy.

Nor do I see the spiritual value (or any value) in filling the minds of little children with pagan distractions. I don't see it producing Christ-likeness in anyone, but I do see confusion in the minds of little children.

And btw, how impressed is the Father that Christ's resurrection is now called by the name of a Babylonian Harlot?

The Greek word used in Acts 12:4 is πάσχα, "Passover," but is translated Easter in the KJV.

Of course, the Passover is not the same as resurrection, but they are close to one another in time. But, it is not even accurate for folks to equate the Passover and Resurrection. By the way, I have read from some "King James Only" people, who argue that the original word was Easter. As a King Jesus only person, I find that absurd. hehehe

I just looked at Barnes' Notes and here is what it says.
    "There never was a more absurd or unhappy translation than this. The original is simply “after the Passover” (μετὰ τὸ πάσχα = meta to pascha). The word “Easter” now denotes the festival observed by many Christian churches in honor of the resurrection of the Saviour. But the original has no reference to that, nor is there the slightest evidence that any such festival was observed at the time when this book was written. The translation is not only unhappy, as it does not convey at all the meaning of the original, but because it may contribute to foster an opinion that such a festival was observed in the time of the apostles. The word “Easter” is of Saxon origin, and is supposed to be derived from “Eostre,” the goddess of Love, or the Venus of the North, in honor of whom a festival was celebrated by our pagan ancestors in the month of April (Webster). Since this festival coincided with the Passover of the Jews, and with the feast observed by Christians in honor of the resurrection of Christ, the name came to be used to denote the latter. In the old Anglo-Saxon service-book the term “Easter” is used frequently to translate the word “Passover.” In the translation by Wycliffe, the word “paske,” that is, “Passover,” is used. But Tyndale and Coverdale used the word “Easter,” and hence, it has very improperly crept into our King James Version."

Clarke also says,"The Saxon Earten, Eartne, Eartno, Eartna, and Eartnon are different modes of spelling the name of the goddess Easter, whose festival was celebrated by our pagan forefathers in the month of April; hence that month, in the Saxon calendar, is called Easter month. Every view we can take of this subject shows the gross impropriety of retaining a name every way exceptionable, and palpably absurd."

DLG says, (DLG = Pastor David L Gould)
    The problem is, God does not get the glory. It is given to Peter Cottontail and the Anglo Saxon/Roman/Greek/Egyptian/Babylonian goddess (all originating in the Babylonian prostitute), which is the same as not giving any glory to God according to the Bible.

Children need to learn truth, not fables, about the resurrection and this celebration of Christianity.
    Not only are the children in the churches being misled, the people outside of the Church have come to believe that Christians mix pagan ideas with the word of God also.

Even the cults attack Christians over this.

It seems the last to know the truth are church people.

Shame on our pastors, our teachers, our parents for keeping us bound to this error.

I do care what other people think about the Church's view of Christ and this special season, because that is how they judge our whole message.
    Why should Christians obscure the message by combining it with pagan ideas?
    Why should we put a stumbling block before them?
    Why should we change the message of God?

I have seen people who have judged the Church's message to be corrupted, because of this one area. And, at this point, some of the cults are more Biblical than the Church (and the Church is the pillar and support of the truth and we are supposed to contend for the faith, not promote a lie).

I meet sinners, people outside of the Church, who can see this issue more clearly than most church people see it. Who do we think is blinding the eyes of the church folks? Are the sinners wrong to think that the "Easter" thing, the" fertility goddess" thing, the "pagan" thing is wrong.

Christians need to rid themselves of the pagan attachments to their celebration of the Resurrection of Christ if they want to glorify God, lift up Christ, reach their own children, stop the mouths of the gainsayers and evangelize the lost.

Christians need to abandon the pagan trappings, so that God will get the glory and people will get the story.

• Marilynsretired
    h7gkhprbibz8.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Doing alright today. My legs don't hurt as much as they had been and I am praising the Lord for that!

We are having some chilly weather again, typical for this time of the year, but it is sunny today, not rainy like yesterday - woohoo, God is good! Every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father of Light! So I praise Him for this beautiful day!

Hope y'all are doing well and your numbers are holding steady in the good zone! Keep up the good work!
  • Marilynsretired
    elzg7mvkxn8g.jpg
  • bren5535
    edited March 2023
    Us here as well, Kim...86 yesterday...62 for today's high. I'm loving every single day I get, no matter what the weather is up to. I do feel for and pray for those facing devastating storms, flooding, earthquakes, landslides, snow etc. in other parts of our country and the world over.

My BP was great this morning...122/76 57 and FBS of 154. Weight...I am not telling. Can I just say it's a retirement gain? I need to get to work on that and today is a good day to do it.

I have a pan of veggies in the toaster oven to roast...asparagus, sweet potato and half an onion, with minced garlic and olive oil spray. I have a long list loaded in the cart at HEB for my next grocery haul, but will edit a lot prior to placing the order. I'm working on using up a lot of what I already have on hand.
    I have my bacon laid out and 2 chicken thighs to play with. I have 6 jalapenos to make poppers with for dinner and will do the chicken in the air fryer I think.6dg76u7xcpe4.jpg0a4f1kertib7.jpg

My storm door is missing 2 hinges! I just figured out what it's problem was yesterday. I put a note in the office to have it taken off. I bought it back in 1997 and had it moved to this apartment when I transferred so have had it about 25 years. I'd love to have a new one, like my neighbors on either side...those are way more than I paid in '97 and really nice...but I'd go up to $150...if I could get one.

Enjoy your day, Ladies and be blessed abundantly!
  • Marilynsretired
    4iw0cde48az3.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    4p8dtvnrn4md.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Wow, what a powerful picture of the man with water bottle shoes! We are incredibly blessed!

Bren, what great numbers. Your veggies looked good too. We are going to plant green beans this summer. I like the fresh ones much better than canned ones, so hopefully, I'll eat more of them.

Still cool here. You are slow on sending that warm weather my way, Bren! Tsk tsk tsk! :D

Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    68bts73324h0.jpg
  • Restfinder
    There is power in our words, that's why it's so important to bridle the tongue when you don't have something good to say and to loose it when it will encourage and build up someone! James describes it so well! Being Spirit-controlled is so important!

A bit cool today. I'm trying to just take the chill, but I think I will turn on my little heater when I'm done here! Sigh. Yeah Spring! It's that time of year when you start out in the morning wearing more then gradually throughout the day you begin to peel off the layers because it warms up - although I don't think that will be something I have to think about today! LOL! My Apple watch says we will be 50 today, but praise the Lord we have beautiful sunshine!

Love y'all
  • bren5535
    I have my heat on this morning...my feet and hands stay so cold. It was 66 in here. 48 outside with a high of 63...then 79 tomorrow. I'm just so thankful for the mild winter we've had. Always a blessing to this old girl.

I had a bit of a drop to 236.4 today. Was down for the count all day yesterday after a bad/restless and very painful Monday night. I'm glad I can do days like that if needed. I feel better this morning. The back pain has definitely increased of late. But hey...the feet don't go south as bad as before so that makes me happy.

I placed my grocery order for pick up tomorrow and edited heavily to cut down on weight and number of items. I may ease over to Cash Savers for a few of their sale items...The past week or so, I've been making do with my selections at hand and that was fun. We are supposed to have another cold front move in and I will be glad to be inside then and have the shopping and trash haul out of the way.
  • Marilynsretired
    h5iatecm8b5x.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Everything to be thankful for!
    James 1:2f "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4 And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."
    Php 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Those verses are so awesome. Think of the worst thing that you can possibly go through - Jesus is there, and He has a purpose - for your good and His glory! We just have to glorify Him in whatever we are going through.

Another beautiful and chilly day. I'm excited for Bible Study tonight. I learn so much. I am so blessed in the Church that I have, my brothers and sisters are awesome!

You ladies have a wonderful day. Love you.
  • Marilynsretired
    sczf5tpumlsv.jpg
  • Restfinder
    edited March 2023
    rh1xz7aabho9.jpg
    How sweet!

Hope y'all are doing well. I'm a bit punky today with some tummy pain and tiredness from a headache this morning.

Another gorgeous chilly day. I can't wait til it gets warm enough for me to sit outside! LOL!

Love y'all.

• bren5535
    Me too, Kim. I had another rough night, wrestled to get trash out and groceries in and put away. Had to stop twice for the back to ease up. I got a long nap after a quick lunch so am up now....with a headache. I am thankful it's not a bad one...I will lay low the rest of the dy. I love the water shot!
  • Marilynsretired
    ovcmnl9wvijo.jpg