Chat Room

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Today was another hot and humid day. Last night I messed up my food plan streak. But that's ok. Back on track today. I have been sticking to my workouts even if it's hard in this heat.
  • stiggymt
    stiggymt Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »
    stiggymt wrote: »
    We're have temperatures in the 60s and low 70s F. We're definitely moving into Fall.
    am trying something different. It's been a week ago that I started this. The jury is still out whether I continue. It was suggested by a friend and how it helped her and her husband on many health issues, including arthritis. It sounds really gross. In fact, I said Yuck. I tried it anyway and it's not that bad.

What is it? Take 1 tablespoon of olive oil first thing in the morning, follow it with a cup of water. Then eat breakfast.

Am I feeling better? The mind does funny things. The doctors call it the placebo affect. I do feel better, but is that because I want it to work. I did lose 2 pounds this week? Is it coincidence or the olive oil? Bowels seem to be working better, but they weren't that bad before.

Just my thoughts. It's 119 calories. I'll keep you posted.

Bea

We won't see 70s till next week. But no clue if it will last or if we get hot again.

You're right Bea the olive oil does sound gross. But am curious to hear how it works for you.

The only thing I don't like about is is I can smell olive oil for a couple hours.

There's no greasy felling afterwards. I don't really like greasy foods.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    The smell is probably coming from your pores just like garlic would.

Today was a great day! We even got some rain for a bit. But definitely not enough. Possibly more rain tomorrow.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today had a great day! All workouts were completed before lunch. Which was good as it was hot and humid again today. Tomorrow I am going to my brother's for a BBQ. Will be so nice to see them and spend time with my son and nephews. Will try to check in tomorrow night.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today was a great day for the most part. Got into an argument with my brother over COVID and the vaccines. Other hand that the BBQ was amazing and ate to much. Had lots of fun playing with my son and nephews at the pool even though I didn't have a suit and mainly stayed on the deck. Had all my workouts done before I went and steps completed shortly after I get home. Now I am working on getting all my healthy journey documented for the day. Also watching the light show outside as we are getting a storm.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    We ate on our way home. Great weekend! It makes me really miss my childhood family.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today was a great day! Even though I took Mom shopping and to her appointment, then hung with some friends I still completed all my workouts.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    It's good to be home, but it's a big letdown. Even though we went there for my cousin's funeral, I enjoyed seeing everyone. My cousin, Linda, and I hiked in the woods and hills, that was our "playground", as we grew up. One place was what we called the Big Rock. We used to hike there when we were small and have a picnic on top of it. It was an easy hike even for small children. If we went around the back it was easy to get on top of the rock that was imbedded in the hill. I miss everyone.

Then when we got home, I learned that our church is going to change things that we're against. We feel like it's a big step backwards.

Maybe tomorrow will be better.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Bea I am glad you got a hike in while you were gone. I do hope tomorrow is a better day.

Today for me was a great day! At TOPS I had a loss of 2.75 lbs! I am now 16.5 lbs from my goal to become a KOPS. I also won our draw for losing weight and tracking our food. My dues is paid with the winnings for the month.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations!
  • stiggymt
    Options
    I walked a shorter walk early this morning, then went to TOPS and walked with other members before the meeting. It was a good meeting, but our chapter had something to work on for this week. I had a small gain, but I wasn't alone. No turtles, but only 2 that had a loss. For me, that's 3 days away from home eating others cooking. I'm going to repeat it this coming weekend. Ugh!

After TOPS, I went to the dentist for teeth cleaning. I have some work that needs to be done. Ugh!

We have church tonight, for the first time in over a year. I've missed the midweek church gathering.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Bea a small gain is better than a big gain. Just do your best while you're away. You've got this!

Today was thrown for a loop. Hubby's angiogram was postponed till the 13th. Doctor was called for an emergency. After I got back from the grocery store and started my workouts my knee started bothering me so had to ice and skip my workouts. Probably to much weight walking home with all the groceries I was caring.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today was a great day! Well except for when I ran over the neighbors electrical cord I was boring to cut the lawn. That ended the lawn cutting for now. But I got all today's planned workouts done.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    I slept in this morning. So I showered, then washed clothes, then towels. While towels were washing, I hung up the clothes. Then hung up the towels when they were done. While they were on the line, I went walking. I forget about how much traffic there is later in the morning. When I was done walking, I brought the towels in to finish drying in the dryer. It flyffs them up and makes them softer.

Then we went to Missoula for a few things. We got home at 3PM. Then I brought the clothes in from the line.

Tomorrow, I'll be packing for the weekend. We plan to leave after lunch. I'll post a little before we leave cellphone service. Sometime Monday afternoon, we'll be back to civilization. lol
  • stiggymt
    Options
    We're off to church family camp. In less than an hour, we'll be out of cell phone service for the weekend, until Monday afternoon sometime.

Have a great weekend!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    stiggymt wrote: »
    We're off to church family camp. In less than an hour, we'll be out of cell phone service for the weekend, until Monday afternoon sometime.

Have a great weekend!

Have a great time!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Here in Canada it's Labour Day weekend! Nothing special going on again this year with COVID. Normally I am working at a fair here all weekend. Got all my workouts done and grocery shopping for healthy foods. Didn't make it to the lawn today. Tomorrow I have another busy day.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Had a busy morning taking mom to the farmers market and grocery shopping. Picked up a few things as well. Then spent the afternoon and evening at a friend's. No workouts today as my shoulder is bothering me. Hoping it feels better tomorrow.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today was a very relaxed day. We had rain last night and by the time the lawn dried it was to late to cut. Calling for rain again tonight so not sure I will get to it tomorrow. Shoulder is still stiff and sore so just did walk, marching and a little stretching.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today was a little more productive. 4k walk, marching and lawn mowing. Hung out with some friends. Ready for TOPS tomorrow.