Chat Cafe

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,585 Member
    It is almost 5am and I have not been asleep yet. Today my daughter and grandson will be leaving and I have my granddaughter for the week by myself. Of course, my husband will help but I think I am thinking too much and can not get to sleep. I thought I might as well talk to you all and maybe I will get sleepy. Your prayers and love will relax my heart and mind. My grandson is scared about going to camp next week and my granddaughter does not want my daughter to leave so I have a lot of emotions surrounding me also. I know that both of them will be fine but I just feel their anxiety right now. I am trying to think of a fun activity to do each day and we are decorating a body pillow with a face and "mommy" written below the face that my granddaughter can take with her so Mommy can be beside her as the week goes along. She can also give her hugs when she is feeling lonely. God and I will be successful I know and we will have fun doing it.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    vjzrr4efe04s.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,454 Member
    I hope you got to sleep Linda. What is sweet thing to do for your granddaughter. It does sound like you are extremely busy at the moment. That can take its toll. Praying for you to find some more reserves to help you with the family situation.

Praying for you too, Marilyn and Judith, for healing and strength both physical and spiritual.

We are planning to drive up to see our son's family today. It's about an hour's drive each-way. We will just stay and have a light lunch then come home. By then it will probably be raining. We have had sunny weather all week but today it has decided to rain.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,651 Member
    Wow, that is a milestone Susan, this thread being Page 100. That’s fantastic.

Yes my lower lip has improved, not as much infection as there was. Thank you Lord!

So glad to hear that Colin has been given the go ahead to return to lawn bowling. My Mom played on a Team for many years and was in several tournaments with her team winning a few trophies. I am sure his Team are happy to have him back. I will try and see if I can find a picture of Mom with her Team, will post it on my FaceBook Profile page if I can find one. Look forward to see pictures of Colin with his Team. Cheering him on, “Go Colin Go” Yay Colin!

Hope the adjustment goes well at the Hand Clinic and your hand feels better with the brace not digging into your hand.

Yes I sure enjoyed seeing your cards.

Thinking of you Linda and Marilyn, I already replied to last posts so will read new ones tomorrow.

God Bless you all. Enjoy your weekend! 😊🤗🙏

• Healthyme7410
    It is good to hear the encouraging news about Colin going back to lawn bowling and Judith your infection lessening on your lip. I also hope that the adjustment on the splint helps relieve the pressure on your skin.

We had a busy day yesterday so I told my granddaughter she could sleep as long as she wanted this morning. She just got up at 10:45am so she had a long sleep. She went to bed at 9:30 last night. She looks "wide eyed and bushy tailed" as my Dad would have said. We are going to the Family Dollar store today and play on the playground. Tomorrow will be busy again because we are going to visit a friend 2 hours away with our Bible study group to have a church service with her. We will also be eating lunch with her. She is not able to come every Sunday to our services because of the distance. This was true expecially during the winter because she does not like to drive in the dark on snowy roads in the mountains.

• LosinSusin
    What a nice thing to do, Linda. Enjoy your time with your friend tomorrow and playing with your granddaughter today. We visited our littlest granddaughter yesterday along with her folks and other grandparents. They have all moved into the house they have been renovating (it's still a work in progress) and seem a little less stressed.

Judith, thank you for cheering Colin on! I will try and get a picture of him with his team and look for the one you may post. I am so glad your lip is improving 🤗

The Hand Clinic appointment went well and she was able to relieve the brace pressure. It had actually started pressing on a nerve that was shooting lightning bolts up my arm! Ouch! I think it was because my hand randomly swells. That has stopped now. I can wear the brace constantly again. I'm in week 3 of 6.

• 316Judith
    Just dropping in to say good night, I posted in some of the threads but will finish up tomorrow, just not myself today. My prayers are with you all.

Good Nite and God bless you all! ❤️🤗🙏
  • Marilynsretired
    7bw5i0x1g2k2.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    edited June 2023
    We had a wonderful time having church with our friend in the mountains. She made the most delicious cheesecake bites that I did have a "bite" of even though they were chocked full of calories. We had roasted chicken, vegetable tray, fruit tray, pickled cucumbers, savory pastry (layered puff pastry, mustanr and mayo, cheese, ham and chopped dill pickles) and of course the bites I mentioned. My friend is such a good hostess and fun to be with. She works for the Aspen hospital as a financial gifts and grants planner. She often has people over to entertain and present the hospitals financial needs. Her variety of meals that she plans and presents is amazing. We are pleased when we go to her house.

I pray you are all having a restful Sunday and the week ahead will be blessed.
  • 316Judith
    You gave me a chuckle 🤭 Marilyn with your last quote! 😁

Linda, It was so nice of you to take church to your friend in the mountains. So glad you all had a good time together. Reading all about the scrumptious food your friend made, caused my mouth to water. Your friend is a wonderful hostess in the delightful spread she put out for you all.The cheese cake bites sounded so yummy, I certainly would of had a few bites of them. I had a wonderful Sunday, our Live Stream service was such a blessing. We had missionary’s from Spain and Eurasia and brought todays message: The Sermon was on Answering the Call: God’s Call to Us: based on Acts 9:1-21 on the story The Damascus Road: Saul’s Conversion: such an anointed and powerful message our Missionary friend bright to the congregation! My whole day has been blessed!

Have a good evening; see you all tomorrow.
    🙏✝️📖😊
  • LosinSusin
    I stayed home from church yesterday as I had asthma and a tummy bug. I feel better today. Col went to church in the morning but his back was painful in the evening. We had an early night and he feels a bit better now too.

Judith, glad you felt better today and enjoyed your church service. Glad you took time to rest when you didn't feel up to posting too much.

Marilyn, I couldn't read the cartoon! I'm sure it is funny. On my phone I can't zoom in.

Linda, that lunch sounded fantastic and it sure would have been a highlight! Glad you had a good church service too. I did watch our Pastor online which was nice but I missed the fellowship.

• Healthyme7410
    edited June 2023
    Today we are goint to see the movie "The Little Mermaid" with our granddaughter. This is a re-make of the original cartoon movie. We will go shopping after that for a cake mix/icing for my friend's brithday on Wednesday. We have to pick up my prescription and a few other things. Walking in the store gives my granddaugter some time to wear off her energy.

I forgot to send this after I wrote it this morning. Now,later in the day, I have a prayer request for you.
    We are in a very emotional state right now. We found out that our ex-son-in-law had a failed suicide attempt last night and is in ICU. It is a very hard time for us and need your prayers right now! Thank-you so much.
  • LosinSusin
    Oh Linda, praying for you all right now. 😢🙏
  • 316Judith
    Linda, I am so sorry to hear about your son in laws failed attempted suicide, I will pray for him and for the family. This is so tough. Let us know how he is doing. Trusting there will be a turn around in his health and that he will be restored in his Mental and Psychological state. God can bring healing and bring deliverance to this young man. Praying for you too Linda. May God bring comfort and peace to you at this time.

Susan, so sorry about your asthma and tummy bug but glad you feel better today and that Colin had a painful back but is feeling better today like you do. My prayers for you both continue.

Take care all, thank you for your kindness and your prayers. 😊🙏
  • Healthyme7410
    We are on our way to Denver to support our family. This SIL is the one I asked for prayer a while ago for severe depression. I pray that the doctors can guide him through this rough time and that he will see God's love for him and that he has a purpose in life.
  • Marilynsretired
    ddd9p042ls20.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Marilyn - I love the 10 painful truths you posted. They are so true!

Our 16 year old granddaughter and 9 year old granddaughter are having so much fun together since we got back. I am glad that the 9 year old (that we had at our house since Friday) has someone now who has more energy than I have to do things with. We are having a coummunity wide garage sale this weekend and they are going through things to sell and "get lots of money". I have not had much success with garage sales but they are thinking very positive about this. LOL
  • LosinSusin
    Linda, you sound a little more hopeful. Glad you have your grandchildren to cheer you. Still praying for your ex SIL and the whole situation.

Marilyn, sounds like good reminders.

Judith, hope you are having a good day and your lip is continuing to heal. Yes, my asthma and tummy bug have all settled down and Colin is working in the garage again so his back must be bearable. It is never going to be alright but the Lord sounds good days and bad days.

Today is a busy day so I shall come back and visit with you again tomorrow. God bless you all.
  • 316Judith
    Linda, I too am praying for your SIL that God will bring healing and restoration. So glad you are enjoying both your granddaughters who are staying with you. Glad they have each other to keep each other busy so you can have a bit of a break. Our grandkids are such a blessing God has given us. Enjoy your time! 😊❤️

Susan, you said you were having a busy day, please don’t overdo things so you keep your hand and wrist safe. Good to hear that Colin was back working in the garage again, yes, does sound like his back is feeling better. 🙏❤️

Marilyn, those 10 painful truths are so true, yes they stir up many emotions. Thank you for sharing!

I had a very challenging day as my “kitty” was extremely sick, uncontrollable vomiting tachycardia and trembling from head to toe. I spent the better part of my day mopping up floors and spot cleaning carpets and sanitizing everything up after. She had 2 episodes of everything that meant she was sick all afternoon. Poor baby! She has calmed down now and hope she is able to rest tonight. I am totally wiped out. Going to bed now. See you tomorrow. 🙏🤗
  • Marilynsretired
    wfqbhrsalmpn.jpg