Chat Cafe

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,585 Member
    The weather in Denver is so much different than Grand Junction. It has rained every day we have been in Denver while in Grand Junction it has been hotter and sunny. It is 77F there but only high of 61F here today. We will be going back to Grand Junction on Wednesday and I am looking forward to sunny sky. In the middle of the dry, dry summer days I may change my mind when the temperatures are above 100F and Denver is 10 degrees or more lower! We got the swamp cooler fixed here so now if it ever gets hot, it will work. There was someting wrong with the "float" that tells the cooler that more water is needed inside the tank. It was not turning off the water when it was full so the tank was overfilling and leaking over the top.

Susan I hope that your hand feels better soon and that physical therapy will help. Your Mother's Day sounds nice to be able to spend with neighbors.

Judith - Your day sounds so delightful with your presents and taht your family could get with you.

My children got me a birdbath and a supscripton to "Storyworth". This site sends me questions to answer weekly about growing up and my life and I answer them. At the end of a year, all the questions/answers are put into a book for the family and future generations to enjoy reading. It should be fun to do and hopefully fun for the family.

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    1xedmxmvnz0y.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,454 Member
    Lol, Marilyn! I know some families like that! Our dogs are spoilt too but they know they are not allowed on our personal spots!!

Linda, I had not heard of "Storyworth" before. What a lovely idea! Thank you for your empathy about my hand. I had forgotten all about voice to text so I'm using it today. It is much less painful than typing. I did do some crafting today and did strain my hand a few times. Hopefully on Friday they will build me a brace and I will be able to keep it immobile for the
    required time it will take to heal. Hopefully I can still heal it. It has been several months since the initial injury.

Judith, thank you for the lovely Mother's Day wishes. I'm really glad you had a nice day with your family. They sound so nice. 💕💐

We had some bad news about the caravan today. All but one of the window frames are cracking and leaking. Happily we have extended warranty and shouldn't have to pay for repairs but it means our van will be off road for awhile. The parts needed have to be sourced, ordered etc then the workshop had to be booked. Another lengthy process. I hope it will be ready for us to go on our planned Oct to Feb trip!
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,651 Member
    Good Morning All

I was here last night and had replied to most of all your Monday’s post but MFP was acting up and it closed on me and I lost everything I posted. I tried signing on again but it crashed again. It wasn’t my system as I had no trouble with other places.

Susan, one thing I remember responding to I did say I was so sorry to hear your hand was in such pain. That’s tough. I realize you use your hands for so much, card making, playing your Ukulele and all the things around house and helping Colin, hands are so important. My heart goes out to you and my prayers are with you that the pain will go away quickly and your hand will be better quickly my friend. My prayers are with you! So sorry about your caravan, hope they get the parts without too much delay and can fix everything quickly before your next trip. Take care and have a good day and week! ❤️🙏🌷

Linda, hope the weather is better in Denver from last time you were there. Your Mother’s Day sounded so lovely. You will love your Bird Bath, it sure is fun watching the birds playing bathing and drinking the water from the bird bath. I have several wild finches and a Crow who love my bird bath. Mr. Crow is so funny with his playful attitude. He actually talks to me the whole time getting his morning bath and drink of water I haven’t heard of “StoryWorth” before but it sounds like such an awesome subscription to have. I am sure you will enjoy answering the questions and sharing. Your life’s stories this next year. The bonus will be having the book to pass down to all your future generations in your family. Will there be pictures in the book too? Have a good time with family in Denver. Take care, have a good day and week! 🙏❤️🌷

Marilyn, your last quote and seeing the picture of the couple sitting on floor and puppies all piled high on the couch made me Lol for sure. Hope you are doing well and you have recovered well from your surgery. Take care, my prayers continue for you! ❤️🙏🌷

Wishing you all a great day and week ahead! 😊
  • Marilynsretired
    1cugea1jykhw.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan - I am sorry about your caravan problems. I am glad that you do have coverage so it will not cost you for the repairs. Did the water damage the things inside the caravan? When we had flooding last year in our trailer, the floor was damaged but other things were packed higher so the water did not reach anything. I am glad we got that leak fixed last Fall so we do not have to worry about it this year.

Marilyn - I'm continue to pray for your upcoming surgery on Thursday. It will be over soon and you can look back and see how God worked in your life during this time. I pray that you will not have to stay long in the hospital and can come home to recooperate. Hospital beds are not very comfortable and I know you said you need to sleep in a recliner which seems even more uncomfortable if it is not a recliner you are accustomed to sleeping in.

Judith - I'm sorry I am late posting. It looks like you had to post two times before I got on here. I am also sorry when MFP does not work well and you loose things. I have had that happen to me too and it is hard to remember what I said that was erased. I hope you are getting needed rest and nutrition this week.

I went out to lunch with my Bible study group today. It was so nice to see each other face to face rather than on zoom as we ususally do. We usually have a question to answer to get our talking going to today our leader asked what our favorite animal is. I love goats. We raised them when I was a child and they are so cute jumping and playing together. I also respect that they are brave and will not run from a dog or other animal trying to attack them. Many dogs have learned to fear their horns and front feet and do not attack again. Do you have any favorite animals?
  • LosinSusin
    edited May 2023
    Linda, what an interesting question for your group! You know I love dogs as domestic pets. They are loyal, affectionate, funny comma and great to have if you need a Watchdog. In the category of wild animals I have always admired giraffes. They are tall, strong, graceful and slim, and great to watch. They survive well in a harsh and dangerous environment and I believe the Mothers are extremely good with their babies.

Marilyn, what a little cutie in you're poster today. I will also keep you in my prayers for your procedure this week. It will be Thursday here before it is Thursday there so I will remember you throughout our Friday as well.

Judith, MFP lost my post today as well. This is the second time I have tried to post something here today. It's very annoying isn't it. I also forget what I read and what I said in response when that happens. My memory isn't what it used to be. Lol!

Thank you for your concern about my hand and about our caravan. We haven't heard anything about the window repairs yet. Nothing obvious was damaged, thankfully, but the repairers will have to have a look to see if there has been any wood rot inside the walls. My hand clinic appointment is coming up on Friday so I will have more news for you about my hand then.

• Healthyme7410
    We were planning to leave for Grand Junction this morning but my husband is having trouble seeing out of one eye and we need to get it checked out before we travel. We may still leave but it will be later than we had planned. It would be wonderful to be able to get back in bed for a little nap since we are leaving later (if nothing is wrong with his eye) but unfortunately I have things to get done this morning. I got to bed really late last night and got up early thinking we were leaving at 10:30am. It does look like clear weather to be traveling so that is good.

We did have thunder storms last night but only a sprinkle of rain. It was nice cool weather to sleep last night. The humidity in the air helps cool things down.

I hope you are all having a blessed day.

• Marilynsretired
    q9tku2ldv0sf.jpg
  • 316Judith
    Thank you Marilyn for the last two quotes you have shared. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you prepare for your surgery! 🙏❤️

Linda, so sorry to hear about the one eye your hubby was having trouble seeing out of. That is concerning. Hope you can get an appointment quickly so it can be looked at. Hope its nothing serious. Please let me know, in meantime my prayers are with you both that it’s nothing serious and they can treat whatever it is so his eyesight will recover quickly. So glad the weather is clear for travelling should you leave today to Grand Junction! You mentioned you had thunder storms last night, only a sprinkle of rain, guess even if it was a little rain it gave you a cooler night, glad you could sleep better. Will come back later and check to see if you have left a note to tell us how your hubby is doing! Praying much Linda 🙏

Susan, thank you for letting me know about the caravan, so glad nothing obvious was damaged but glad they are looking into the walls to be sure there is no wood rot. Hope you hear back soon about the window repairs. Trust the warranty will cover all the costs. So glad to hear your hand clinic appointment has been set for Friday. Hope it is a good appointment and you receive a good report. Hopefully having a brace will help your hand rest. Praying for you my friend! ❤️🙏

Have a Blessed Wednesday Team,

In closing; may I encourage all our members to post on our Chat Cafe, maybe this would be the first time, it’s ok, you are all special to us here and we’d love to hear from you! 😊

Bottom Line we care and we are here for you!
  • LosinSusin
    Amen, Judith! I hope everyone who wants to post here feels free to join in.

About the van, Colin reminded me that the frame is steel, the walls are fibreglass with foam in between, so there can not possibly be any wood rot! Praise God! The repairer found a window supplier who can provide slightly bigger windows so the walls can be cut to fit them. Another blessing! The repairs need to be approved by our insurer then supplies can be ordered. Things are looking up today.

Linda, I will pray about your husband's eye. I will also be looking for your post about what is to be done for him. I do hope it is nothing serious, but it's good to go get it diagnosed quickly like he is doing. Hugs.

Marilyn, love that sentiment today. Still praying about your surgery. 🙏
  • Healthyme7410
    We left late to come over the mountain but the trip was good. My husband was able to get an eye appointment quickly in the morning and was done by noon. The eye doctor said that there were changed in his retina that could be pre-macular degeneration but most of his problems are caused by dry eyes (and he has lots of allergies this time of year). She was not concerned about him driving as long as he uses moisturizing eye drops. I am glad that eye drops are all she said was needed.

It looks liek it si snowing outside but it is just the cotton wood trees dropping their "cotton" seeds. In some parts of the state female cottonwood trees are not allowed to be planted because they are so messy but the ones that are already growing are allowed to stay.

We have our Thursday afternoon Bible study this afternoon so I need to get the refreshments ready. It will be a small group since some are out of town for a memorial service for their uncle.

Marilyn- I prayed last night and this morning about your surgery. I assume it is done now and am anxious to hear how God helped you through it.
  • 316Judith
    edited May 2023
    Linda, Praise the Lord for answers to prayer for the prompt eye appointment and the good report! This is good news! Thankful your hubby was given the clearance to drive back home using the moisturizing eye drops! Hope your Bible Study was good and the members who came were abundantly blessed and were touched and ministered to as God’s Word was delivered to them. What was your study about? You mentioned about the cottonwood trees and how it looked like it was snowing, I sure can identify with that as we too have cottonwood here and boy does it ever make a mess, it attaches itself to our screens and gets in the house, it’s a challenge cleaning it up.

Marilyn, I realize it’s Thursday evening now and you are a few hours into your recovery as we both are in the same Pacific Time Zone; trusting you are having a good recovery and the pain is minimal or at least being controlled, my prayers continue for a speedy recovery. When you can please let us know how you are doing.

Susan, I too rejoice with you that the material in your caravan cannot get wood rot as there is no wood between the wall panels. Good news. So glad the repairer found a window supplier who can provide slightly bigger windows so the walls can be cut to fit them. Praying your insurer will approve the window suppliers so the supplies can be ordered. All way round; just as you said, “things are looking up” I say a hearty Amen! 😊
  • LosinSusin
    Judith, thank you. There was more good news today. The repairer thinks that our warranty claim will soon be approved and he can order the window kits. When they arrive he will only need 2 days to put them in. Praise God!

Linda, praise God for the good news about your husband's eyes! I am sure that news relieved you greatly. Now you can make your trips.

Marilyn, I am with Judith and Linda in praying for you and looking forward to hearing how the surgery went. May you recover quickly with minimal pain.

I got my wrist brace today. It will be an inconvenient six weeks but it will be worth it to heal my hand.

1e4mx0e4meig.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    My husband got the birdbath set up next to the fence but still in line with my window so I can watch the birds. So far, I don't think they are aware of it because no one has used it. It is also a bit chilly now so maybe they want their bath to be warmer before they use use it.

We heard from our daughter-in-law that they took my granddaughter to the pediatrition today and he was able to do a test to cause her to have a seizure so this valadates that what they were seeing were true seizures. She will be having an EEG next month to see what her brain waves look like to give to the neurologist so he can plan a treatment. I'm not sure how they do EEG's on children but I am sure they have ways to do it. She is so active that lying still would be hard for 60 t0 90 minutes that the test takes.

Susan - I am glad you got your brace but it looks like it is heavy. Maybe at the end of the 6 weeks, you will have bulging muscles in that arm. LOL Do you wear it all the time?

Judith - in our Bible study group we are practicing "check-in" which is a procoess where we talk about and emotion we are feeling about some area of our lives. We try to understand what they are feeling and empathize with them they ask what we can do to help if there is a problem. This is a way of learning about the person and feeling a closer bond with them. The scriptures we are studying are examples of what emotions Jesus felt as he was here on earth. He felt joy, compassion, rejection, ridicule, pain, sorrow, friendship, etc. Each of these feelings are what we also feel. We pray and thank Jesus for coming to earth and having these emotions so he can understand us better and we can understand him better.

Marilyn - prayers continue for your recovery and peace about your whole situation. God is in control and has our very best in mind.
  • LosinSusin
    Linda, it is great that they have discovered what is truly wrong with the seizures your granddaughter is having. I hope they can definitely treat her now. It's amazing what they can do sometimes. The brace isn't too heavy. It is made out of some kind of malleable plastic that can be moulded when dipped into 70C degrees water! I am supposed to wear it all the time except when showering. I slept in it last night and when I took it off for my shower this morning boy was it painful. The joint doesn't like being kept still. But after a while maybe that pain will start subsiding. It seems I have a bony growth underneath the thumb tendons and the tendons are trying to jump over that growth. I am concerned that probably I will need those steroid injections and surgery eventually. We shall see. The occupational therapist also raise the question of whether or not I have some form of inflammatory arthritis. It is not rheumatoid but she says there are many other kinds of arthritis and maybe my doctor can do some more testing when I see her again. I am due to go back and see her about blood tests and to let her know what's happening with my wrist anyway. I think she needs to talk to me about the X-rays I had on the wrist. But really the occupational therapist showed me enough yesterday for me to understand what is going on with it.

Judith, glad you read that you were god me with a friend yesterday and feel so accomplished about getting a lot done. I imagine you are tired today for sure. Many blessings being wished for you.

Marilyn Koma you are still in my prayers and I hope you are recovering well from your surgery. Take care and rest up.

Next time friends.
  • 316Judith
    edited May 2023
    Susan, thank you for showing the picture of the brace and telling us all about the situation, I do hope the 6 weeks will improve the condition. I agree about you asking about the results of the ex-ray when you see your doctor. The occupational therapist brought up some very valid thoughts about your wrist and seeing about your doctor ordering some tests. Glad your therapist took the time to explain things to you. So glad to hear about your insurers for the windows will be approved and supplies can be ordered and work done in 2 days, wonderful news.

Linda, thank you for sharing about the Bible Study you are doing on Emotions. The scriptures you are studying about the examples of the emotions Jesus felt as he was here on earth. Thinking of the emotions you shared of joy, compassion, rejection, ridicule, pain, sorrow, friendship and so much more gives me an idea of doing a Word Study on each of these examples. You have given me some fresh thoughts for a Bible Study I may do in September. the Fall. I’m thankful your Granddaughter is now being properly investigated regarding the seizures she was having. I trust the EEG she has next month will show what type her seizures are and be able to recommend a treatment that will help her. My prayers are with her and the whole family. Please keep us posted on the results of the tests and what treatment they start.

Marilyn I continue to pray for God’s Healing touch upon your body and for God’s Strength Peace and a quick recovery with no complications.

God Bless you all..I will bring an update later in the week as I got a call from Surgeon and need to see him next Thursday May 25th. They is a delay in surgery due to a number of issues. Lack of OR space, not enough staff for the Hospital Surgical Wards and OR Theatres! Frustrating it is. Anyway in spite of that I am reminded that God is in Control and He is looking after me! Praise God! ✝️❤️
  • Marilynsretired
    Thank you all for praying - they have been answered. The operation went well and the fiscula is working - I have to test it 2x a day to make sure I get a 'buzz', my arm does have a bandage over the stitches and am quite swollen. Big thing is I am not to lift anything with that are for the time being so am really aware of doing things differently. I am black and blue from bruises both where the operated and also where they put the IV on the other arm. Thoughit is sore I have been able to stay off of pain killers which is good but do have some tyenlol should it be bad - they told me it could 'hurt' for up to 3 weeks so will see how that goes. The bandage looks a mess but the kidney clinic is closed till Tuesday so I will be calling then to go up to them to have them change the bandage and make sure it is healing well. But am feeling ok so that is great.

vlalcaxemkcz.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    edited May 2023
    Marilyn, how good it is to hear from you! Thank you for bringing us up to speed with what has happened and how you are feeling now. The Lord is good. It sounds like everything worked out well and I am hoping your follow-up appointment will make you even more comfortable. Yes, tomorrow should never be taking for granted but when we receive it it is a true blessing.

Judith, I'm sorry to hear that maybe your surgery is going to be delayed yet again. It sounds like your medical system is as taxed as ours is. We also have many delays when needing to have something done. In your case, you are already in the system and I would have thought that you would get priority. I'll wait to hear more from you before commenting further. Yes, the caravan is less of a concern to us now that we know everything will be alright. My wrist is still quite sensitive and sore but it is much less painful being in the brace. The only time it hurts badly now is when I take the brace off to have a shower. If it is healing, that pain might lessen over time. Oh, we finished our study in Philippians today. Pastor was quite sad to be leaving that book as it was such a blessing to study. We're also studying 1 John, Acts and Psalm 119 on Sunday nights, Wednesday and Thursday nights.

Thinking of you, Linda, and hoping you are having a very nice day.
  • Healthyme7410
    I'm getting on at almost midnight so I will get credit for two days of posting. LOL We were gone most of the day taking a 2 hour trip to check on our trailer that is in storage and getting it ready to move. We had to check out some of the items we already have there - make sure we have sheets ready for the bed, the usual things we need to have for Summer start up as well as fill the propane tanks so we have fuel to cook and heat this Summer. We also took a trip to the property where we will have the trailer to see what the snow melt has done. The water is higher than it was last year so we must hve had quite a bit of snow over the winter. Water is running into the lagoon which is nice that it is not puddling where the trailer will go. Next week our two daughters will come to visit to celebrate my husband's 70th birthday and to help us take the trailer up to the property. We can do it on our own but as we get older, it is nice to have some extra hands to set it up. Things are much more primitive that your caravan, Susan. The trailer is just on boards on the ground and with the water runoff, the ground can get soft and not be as stable from year to year. We do enjoy out times up there away from the city noise.

Today we are getting smoke from the Canadian fires. The air is smelling really strong of smoke and it is hard to see the mountain peaks from our house. I certainly hope the fires get under control soon for the people who are having damage as well as those those have breathing probems with the smoke. It sounds like there are so many indifferent areas. How are you Judith and Marilyn - my Canadian friends?

Marilyn - it is so good to hear that your surgery is over and it was a success.I praise God that you are on the road to recovery. Going through these things make us all more appreciate of our healing properties that our bodies have. There have been so many new procedures used now that even my grandparents did not have access to. Modern medicine has advanced in just my lifetime.

Judith - I am sorry there is a delay in your surgical timetable. There is a purpose for everything so maybe God is protecting you for some thing that could have happened if the surgery was earlier.

Susan - I sorry that your wrist is painful when you take off your brace. I know when I sleep too long on my side, my hip gets sore just after a few hours. Since you are wearing your brace must longer than that, I can imagine your stiffness and soreness would be worse than mine. I hope that the pain you are feeling does help your wrist rest and heal.