Chat Cafe

Replies

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,651 Member
    Good Morning All,

Thank you Marilyn for a great quote, indeed, I agree, looking after our health today gives us a “better hope” for tomorrow, Good, Food for Thought!

I posted last night with answering all your posts so will let you read my post above Marilyn’s quote!

Keeping you Marilyn Linda and Susan JC Lori and all the Team Members in prayer. Have a great and Blessed day and Weekend ahead! 🤗
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,588 Member
    We did not come over the mountain yesterday because the dental appointments lasted longer than we expected and we did not want to drive on mountain roads in the dark. (The dentist was running late not that we had long appointments.) We left this morning with the temperature inthe 80's and arrived in Grand Junction with a beutiful blue sky and puffy white clouds but the temperature at 100F. Yes, Judith, I am glad for the swanp cooler and for fans to move the cooler air around. Our garden has some ripe tomatoes which are delicious and the squash have blooms so we should have some zucchini soon. I need to get unpacked and get dinner started so I this will be short for the time being.
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,462 Member
    On the road today and about to look se reception. All's well!
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    j8ahzc8as74b.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan - safe travels as you go back home. I know you have lots of memories to think about that you had with family.

The house is cooler today but when the sun gets high in the sky, I know it will be a different story. Walking and exercising outside needs to be done early in the morning or in the evening to prevent heat stroke and dehydration.

I pray that all of you have a restful and enjoyable weekend.

I was reading in my devotions today Psalms 16:11 and it reminded me how I need to be grateful for the big things as well as the little things. God has given us the path to life and gives us joy that the world does not understand. In His presence we have all that we need. "You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your righthand."
  • LosinSusin
    Good morning. We parked up in a free camp last night between a railway line and a working sugar mill. The trains quietly chugged by all night and the mill sure smells bad this morning so we will be on the road again soon.

Take care, all of you. We will be back to 'normal' by Monday week, so my check ins will be brief till then.
  • 316Judith
    Evening Hello, 🌌 We have had hot temps all week including Saturday. It’s very hot in my area and it has wiped me out, temps indoors even with AC and fans on has been 80 degrees so it’s been very hot! Monday the weather report calls for rain and cooler temps. Hope it’s right. Will catch up tomorrow as it has been too hot for me to be online in this heat. See you in the Morning, Good Night and God Bless…😴🤗
  • Marilynsretired
    3unbgr4k41ag.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Patchy internet on the road today. More later perhaps. All is well.
  • Healthyme7410
    Today we had church at our house. When it is over 100F, the cooling system in the sanctuary just is not strong enough to cool that big area so we divide the church in smaller groups and we meet at houses that are cooler. We had a brunch and then had a sermon on what does it mean to love the Lord your God with your heart, mind and soul and your neighbor as yourself. We had a great discussion about having a strong relationship with God in all areas of our lives.

After church, we went to my husband's sisters's house to pick apricots from her tree. She is on vacation and asked us to please come and pick them because they were falling down on the ground they were so ripe. We gave some of them away then I cut quite a few up to can. They are being processed as I am writing. I put hot water on them rather than syrup so my husband can eat them. He is not diabetic but has hypoglycemia so his body produces too much insulin if he eats sugar. The water takes on the sweetness of the fruit which really is tasty and healthy. I need to get more canning lids so I can do some more tomorrow. Some of them are pretty green because my husband was trying to pick the ones he thought were ripe. He can not see green on the fruit so someof them will need to be left on the island to ripen up before I can them.

Judith - I hope you have some cooler weather so you can have more energy.
    Susan - praying for a continued safe trip home.
    Marilyn - thanks for the great quote today. It is so true!
  • 316Judith
    Evening Hello All

Thank you Marilyn for this quote, yes, we all should love ourselves enough to live healthy! Sorry I haven’t hardly been on face book but will and find your profile and request a friend add!

Susan, continued prayers for safe travels.

Linda, sounds like a blessed Lords day having church at your house and going to your sister in laws home to pick apricots, yum yum 😋

Blessings all, have a great week ahead.

Keep the Sparkle 💖 and Shine ❇️ On… see you all tomorrow!
  • Marilynsretired
    gll24kt3ysmy.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Good morning. We have changed plans. It is raining day and night and floods could happen, so we are cutting out last week short and returning home over the next two days. All's well, we just need to get home ahead of some of this weather. Take care, all.
  • 316Judith
    Evening Hello All

Susan, my prayers are with you for safety and safe travels home. Please keep us posted as you travel home.

Thankfully for us it’s cooler temps for us and it’s raining here too but not flood type rain that you have my friend!

Marilyn, thank you for the great quote today.

Linda, praying for you, thinking of you with your family and celebrating your anniversary!

Take care all. See you all tomorrow! God Bless! 🙏❤️🤗
  • Healthyme7410
    I thought I posted yesterday but evidently I lost it. I can't remember all that I said but I do remember saying that all my cans of apricots had sealed. I still have some apricots left but they are not quite ripe so I can wait a day to work on them. I may dry some or freeze some because I ran out of canning lids.

We went to the hospital this afternoon to visit a friend that had a fall. She was trying to exercise but fell off the equipment and hurt her leg and ankle. They x-rayed it and nothing is broken so she is on crutches for a while and resting. At her age, broken bones can happen so quickly.

Susan - I hope the weather cooperates and you do not have a lot of flooding on your way home. Prayers go with you.

I is almost 1:00am so I need to get to bed. We are going to a movie tomorrow called "The Sound of Freedom". It is about child trafficking and all the damage it is doing to our little ones. I have heard it is really a good movie to inform people of what is going on where we can not see it.

Pleasant dreams everyone. See you in the morning.
  • Marilynsretired
    All is well at our house. We had a wind storm last night -plus some rain but this morning they are telling us that the wind did not help with the fires. The city is completely surrounded by fires and lots of friends of ours are on the border line re evacuation- and some have been. They say now that the winds from last night only caused more damage though it did rain some. The one big fire close to is has more than tripled - we have 2 major rivers that flow through the city and they are telling us that we are starting that of a drought as the rivers have not been this low in over 40 years. Scary times for sure.

Went to my TOPS meeting today - am down another 1.8 pounds and was the biggest loser for the week which was nice. Works with keeping a food journal taking notes on what the nutrition levels are in all the food I am eating - if I just count calories I gain but when I work on keeping the sugar / protein / potassiu / fibre / sodium all where they should be then the calories are in line and I know I am getting the proper nutrition. My journal consists of what I am eating with the numbers as mentioned, the amount of water I drink during the day, starting to record how much I walk as hubby nicely put up the treadmill for me so will be working on that with daily small goals. And the last that I record is some Scripture that I have read for the day. At our church we are going through the book of Ecclesiastes so that is what I am recording along with a prayer to go with it. Rather than a paper journal this time around I am doing here on myfitnesspal - it is private but should you want to journal along with me let me know and you could join me on my private group but only if you are going to work at journalling daily.

At any rate am feeling rather good today though I am very tired so need to sign off so I can stop and have a power nap.

ovau7r4y5ydi.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    All is well. Last day on the road...
  • Healthyme7410
    Marilyn - all those fires around you sound so scary. I hope they get them under control soon. I pray for your safety and those affected. Congratulations on your weight loss. I agree counting calories does not help me but if I focus on nutrition it really helps.

We went to see the movie "Sound of Freedom" today. It was a true story and very informative about what is happing behind closed doors with young children and sex trade. It is so sad that these things are happening to these innocent souls.

• Healthyme7410
    Here is one of the pictures my daughter took of us for our anniversary.
    nys4dimp2cic.jpg

• Marilynsretired
    What a nice picture of the two of yo - now when I 'talk' with you I can think of this picture - always nice to 'see' who are talking to

We celebrate our anniversary in December - this year we will be celebrating our 40th - seems like yesterday that we met and now look at all the time that we have spent together