Chat Cafe

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    r4v3eiwjpm8i.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,462 Member
    Good morning! We are on the road to home. Be there in a few hours.

Linda, I love your picture 😍 Happy anniversary to you both!

Marilyn, how are you going with the fires? I do hope they are getting to be under control. Happy 40th anniversary to you and your husband too.

Judith, hope all is on track for your surgery.

I will be back on Wifi at home which will be great as I can then catch up properly!! Have good days all of you.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,651 Member
    Afternoon Hello All
    As you can see I was here (today) in the wee early hours of Wednesday morning. I posted Bible Reading Devotional, Goals, played the games, I see that Linda saw both JC and my story line, I think we both kept the Suspence going 😆 I was wondering how you were going to keep it going and what word you would use. Fun Fun this game it.

Anyway now it’s almost 5:00pm supper time. It’s been a long day, for me!

Linda, love your anniversary picture you posted.
    Sounds like you are having a wonderful vacation with your family. You will have to let us know what recipe you used for the apricots you picked off your SIL trees. Continue to have a safe vacation.

Susan I know you are on your way home, safe travels.

Marilyn, thank you for updating us on your health. And thanks for letting us know about the conditions near you with the wild fires. Praying a hedge of protection around you my friend. I am further away but earlier in the month the fires were closer and we had affects of the smoke. Some days beginning of July and last week our skies were grey and Smokey, but not anywhere near as severe as you Marilyn. Please stay safe. Prayers are with you!

Take care all, be back later or even early morning! 🤗🙏❤️
  • Marilynsretired
    ho2gwn8wkloo.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,588 Member
    Marilyn - thanks for this thought provoking quote! It is so true.

It's been a busy few days taking care of all the apricots. The last batch of the ones I am dehydrating will start today so I should be done. My fingernails have had a brown shade to them from all the apricot juice. It reminds me of the old men in the nursing home who were smokers and their fingers were all stained brown from the tobacco. I assure you, this is not my problem - just juice stain. LOL

Our Bible study group is meeting today to make "hospitality bags" for the homeless. I may have said this before but we have a lot of homeless people who stand on street corners asking for money. We do not know what they are spending the money on but that is not my business to deal with. Istead of giving money, we have hospitality bags to give to them which has useful things in it such as water bottles, snacks, socks, deoderant, toothbrushes and toothpast etc.

We had a nice little shower last night for about 10 minutes. It was enough to wash off the dust but we need a much bigger rain to do much good. There is a possibiity that this weekend we will get some good rain.

• LosinSusin
    I love your hospitality bags, Linda. It's sad that they are needed, but Jesus did say the poor would always be with us. We collect food for our homeless several times a year. And we have filled handbags with useful things for women and children in addition to getting things together for the men. It's a good thing to do. There are many hundreds who are homeless in this area alone...Your apricots brought back childhood memories for me. We had a fruitful tree in our yard when I was a kid. We loved that tree and all its fruit.

Marilyn, I appreciated that quote too. Are you safe from the fires yet?

Judith, we got home safely and it has been non stop washing and cleaning since, and getting house supplies in. I even washed the dogs today! We'll go out and clean the caravan tomorrow. It was the car's turn today. It's good to go away but good to come home too. Thank you for posting all the things you post for us. You are so appreciated!
  • 316Judith
    Evening Hello All

Linda you made me chuckle about the old men in nursing homes with stained fingers from smoking, yup I’ve seen them too. I am sure you will enjoy the dehydrated apricots, I look forward to the day I can eat that fruit again. Right now it’s all pureed into a smoothie.

Enjoy your evening. God Bless..

Susan. It was good connecting with you on Facebook, welcome back. You were missed just as Linda was when you both were travelling.

Marilyn, yes a very good quote today… much to think about! thanks for sharing.

God Bless you all… Good Night Blessings…😴
  • Marilynsretired
    t2ttnuouo8sf.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Marilyn - that is a great quote. I may use some of it in my renewal vows for our anniversary.

Susan - I am so glad you are home safely and understand all of the work that comes with getting back from a trip and getting into the old routines.

Judith- I do look forward to the time you will be able to eat regular food. I know pureed food just is not the same.

Today I spent time with our IT department (one person) working on syncing my various e-mail addresses. I have two for the school and two personal ones. It woudl be nice to have the two school ones synced but I still need to have them separate for official transcripts. He told me what to do and now we are waiting to see if it worked. I will be able to see all my e-mail on one screen if it works. I am glad I do not have to figure all these things out by myself.

Tonight we are going out to Red Lobster restaurant for a friend's birthday. I prefer to not eat seafood so I hope they have some alternatives on the menu. Shurely there are a few others of us who like other things to eat.

• 316Judith
    Good Morning All

I will be back early evening. Have some things to attend to. Left Bible Reading and Devotions for you to read. See you soon! Below is my message for you all until I’m back at Supper time! ❤️🙏

Good Morning 🌅

•*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨) .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
    (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.✫
    ¸.•*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨)✫ Happy`•.¸☆
    (¸.•´ .•´ (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.✫
    •*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨) •*¨) Friday ♥`•.¸☆
    (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.✫ •*¨)
    •*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨) •*¨) Friends`•.¸☆
    Have a Blessed Day And Weekend ahead
    Let’s Keep the Sparkle 🎇 and Shine On 🌠
  • LosinSusin
    edited July 2023
    Good morning. We're off to clean the caravan today. I had bad news about the passing of a cousin this morning. He lived in California so I can't be with family, but I loved him.

I might come back later if I can.

Judith, I always checked in while away, never missed a day. But thank you for missing me. 💕

• 316Judith
    Susan, I remember you did check in and you never missed a day what I meant was I missed you longer posts with sharing pictures and other news. Those things I miss seeing you signing in with. You are a blessing to me as you are to us all!

I am thankful for everyone on this Team, you all are such a blessing in which I thank God!

I said I’d sign in again, so here I am, finished playing games, it’s bedtime now.

Good Nite God Bless… 😴💤🙏
  • Marilynsretired
    mzssatoozjke.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    We picked our first tomato crop today but it will probably be our last also. We put new soil in our planters because the old soil had become alkaline from our water but this soil (which includes a lot of wood chips) is not doing well either. Next year we will be putting all potting soil in to see it that is better. We thought the wood chips would help with getting the water down to the roots but we are having more mushrooms grow than anything else. We did not plant mushroom but they are coming from the wet wood chips. This wood chip mixture had been advertized as good for the garden. Next time we will be more wary about not using plain soil! We still have carrots, beets in this soil which are looking very small and cucumbers. zucchini and grapes that are growing in the dirt next to the fence. They are looking great! Plain dirt that God provided is working best - we should have known. 😏

Susan - I hope you have all your cleaning done and can rest now. Do you have any more trips planned in the future? I am not excited about cleaning projects that are waiting for me to do today but I know when they are done, I will be excited about how much better things look.

I hope you all have a good weekend.
  • LosinSusin
    Linda how wonderful to have such good results from your vegetable garden! I haven't had success growing anything but shallots and leeks in my pot garden. I tried numerous other seedlings with no success. Not sure what is wrong as I have always grown vegetables. Maybe it IS the potting mix. I need to get some good river soil from somewhere. Yes, we sure are planning more trips. We'll do some short ones with friends who just got their new van last week (they are experienced at travelling on the road. This is just a new van,) and in October we start a five month Odyssey with the same friends. We're going to Tasmania with our vans which involves boating across the Bass Strait. We'll spend a week travelling to the boat from here then explore Tassie at our leisure.

Marilyn, that all makes total sense.

Judith, now I see what you mean! Yes, my posts were short while I was away. I'm sorry. We just have no Wifi on the road so I rationed my upload times. You are a blessing to all of us , by the way. None of us would even know of each other without you!

As for photos, I will share one with you now. Here's a card I made within a day of coming home:

djufn5b1eni2.jpg

I must photograph the beautiful Crucifix Orchids in my pot plant garden for you. They are so cheerful and colourful.

• 316Judith
    Susan, thank you for sharing the beautiful Birthday card. I love it! I had forgotten about the lack of WIFI you had when you were on the road. I love the future trips you and Colin have planned, sounds like a wonderful adventure! I will look forward to hearing all about your travels. You mentioned a plant that isn’t familiar to me; Crucifix Orchids. We have a lot of Orchids here and have had them but never seen or heard of a Crucifix Orchid. I look forward to a picture when you can post!

Linda, happy you had a good tomato crop but sorry to hear about the issues you have had with the soil that is not producing the produce you are accustomed to having grow in your garden. Happy you are seeing good results with your grapes, zucchini and beets growing in the soil by the fence line. Too bad about your other plants, when you put so much work into gardening it’s disappointing when you don’t get the results.

Marilyn, the last quote you shared gave me a chuckle 🤭 with it being a play on word all the way through! Too Funny but Cute and yes, Bottom line Healthy is what we all want to be! Thank you for sharing! 😊

It’s late so this gal is heading to bed, have the Family here tomorrow; Celebrating my Granddaughter’s Birthday and My Daughter and Son in law’s Wedding Anniversary! God Bless, be back tomorrow evening! 🤗🙏
  • Marilynsretired
    ws15ulnxwbjd.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Judith - I made the recipe (with a few tweeks) you shared this week last night and it was delicious. I did not have all the ingredients so I got creative and I included vegetales in it, added some herbs, broth and put some meat with it that I needed to use up. It made enough to fill us up and more to use on another day.

Marilyn - I can identify with your posting. Some of those plastic bags are really hard to open! I is great to see you playing long with us on our games. I hope you are getting more energy.

Susan - your next big trip sounds daunting to be gone so long. It is wonderful that you have friends to travel with. I did not realize that Tasmania is a state of Australia. I have learned something today. You help keep my brain sharp along with the games we plan on here.
  • LosinSusin
    Linda, it's hard to know about al foreign country, isn't it. Glad to give glimpses into the vast land over here. The ferry trip will take us 15 hours! That might give an indication of distances between the mainland and Tasmania. Once a long time ago, some cousins visited from the United States states. They rented a car in Sydney and started to drive north to surprise us. At the time we lived on the Atherton Tablelands, way up but n Far North Queensland. It would have taken them at least 4 full days to drive the distance. They realised halfway through New South Wales that their surprise visit wasn't going to happen, so they turned around and went back to catch their plane home. People tend to think of Australia as being just a big island, so it is really the same size as mainland USA. There is a lot to know about it. Yes, I will feel it being away from home for so long, but we did do a 15 months trip in 2017 and 2018. I know how to live on the road at least. We are looking forward to getting to see much of a country that we have not taken the time to visit before. We have had short trips to Tasmania in the past and have left a lot of it unexplored.

Marilyn, lol about that awful plastic produce bag!! 🤗

Judith, yes, it's hard to have Wi-Fi when you are travelling. When we do a longer trip, I usually load up a mobile modem but it is never unlimited data. Closer to the time we intend to travel, I will check to see if I can find a good deal somewhere. I can't go 5 whole months limiting my internet! Lol! I haven't taken a photo of the Crucifix Orchids yet but will certainly do so. I want to post this before MyFitnessPal decides to lose it. In fact, I will post this now and go out into my little backyard to take picture for you. Be back soon.

• LosinSusin
    Crucifix Orchids

uyacwswat2uy.jpg