Chat Cafe

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    3ijonbrbasbh.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,447 Member
    Judith, it's so good to hear the next steps in your therapy will happen. I'm sure having your jaw wired shut is such a trial. You are never far from my thoughts and prayers.

Linda, I also rely on our street light at night. So far the power has not been any more of a problem. That was the only lengthy blackout I have experienced since moving to the Village a year ago. It occasionally does go off but only for very short times.

Marilyn, you beautiful woman, I love that quote.

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    It's been a long day and I am ready to go to bed. We moved our trailer from storage and took it to the mountain property for the Summer. It takes a lot of time to do this since we have to go slow up and down the mountain because of the weight of the trailer. We had planned to go up to the spring to clean it out but when we got there, the water was running again so we did not have to do that. This was a relief! We finally got home at 10:30 tonight.

We are having a potluck at church tomorrow and I am making "Butter Chicken' and rice. The topic of food is Asian food but I picked the country of India (which is also considered Asian) because I can not eat soy sauce that is used in many other Asian countries.
  • Marilynsretired
    lj1h5p7bzmmw.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    We made rainbow waffles today for the kids and had a quiet morning. This afternoon I made my butter chicken (it smell delicious) then we will be going to church for a potluck. We will be be eating as the sermon is being presented so I assume that the sermon will consist with thoughts then we will discuss it among ourselves as smaller groups. Then we will spend the evening with family out on the ranch.
  • LosinSusin
    Encouraging thought, Marilyn. I hope your kidney treatments are going well 💖

Linda, I am wondering if it is the gluten in soy sauce that is a problem for you? If so, try Tamari sauce. I use it instead of Soy sauce for that reason. Sounds like a truly lovely day ahead of you 💕

I had Ukelele practice this morning and am doing a little computer time this afternoon. Tonight I get to go to a Fawlty Towers dinner and show here at the Village.

Tomorrow I am changing my appearance drastically. I am going to donate some of this hair of mine. Eek!

enanzel80mcm.jpg
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Thank you Linda, the surgery is some easier according to the surgeon but he said he has plenty of work to finish yet; he has to remove some diseased tissue, the wires and reconstruct and stretch out left side of nostril and left side of nose, upper and lower lips and stretch out inside of mouth on left side that were damaged in previous cancer surgeries. This will help me to eat normally once inside of mouth heals.

He said once he finishes the reconstruction and I heal from that he said it will hardly be noticeable to others, He reminded me that this is surgery number 5 all in the same place to remove diseased tissue and add the reconstruction to the mix this time.

My recovery will be long and slow. He has done some awesome skin grafting which I didn’t know about until he told me what he did. He said he thought I’d be pleased when the surgery is completed. And of course my treatment that will continue after my surgery!

I know that I will be ringing that bell in 3 years noting I have beat cancer, yes after the 5 year mark I will be joining others who beat the disease and will be rejoicing that I am Cancer Free to the Glory of God!

Thank you all for your kindness many prayers and your valued friendship! ❤️🙏😇
  • Marilynsretired
    edited June 2022

cva6yqqzbt29.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan - I have donated many times and it always makes me feel good about getting a haircut. I had hoped that it would also help with the weigh loss but I guess my hair does not weigh as much as I would like it to because it does not seem to affect my weight. 😊

Judith - thanks for the update. It does sound like there is still a lot to do but I am so glad that it will be over soon. Being able to celebrate being cancer free is such a good feeling! Soon you will be able to say this also.

We traveled over the mountain today because my husband and I have dental appointments and I have a doctor's appointment on Friday. To be prepared for the appointment, I had to have blood work done which required fasting. When we travel I usually pack foods to snack on but this time I could not eat. It was really hard to hear my husband crunching on vegatables and chips and I could not eat any. I should have planned ahead and made better choices with quieter food. After 20 hours of fasting,(I usually do 12 hours of fasting whi h is not as bad as 20), I was pretty weak and tired so when I came home I ate something then I laid down to rest and ended up napping for 3 hours. I feel a lot better now but am not sure I can go to bed and sleep now since I am not tired.
  • Marilynsretired
    bf8ya07att6r.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Today our Bible Study group got together for lunch at an outdoor restaurant. It was so good to see them face to fact rather then zoom. One friend I had not seen for 4 years due to some health issues. One friend we had planned on seeing did not come because she had a sore throat. She texted us as we were eating that she is positive for Covid so we were very glad she did not come and was tested.

• LosinSusin
    Here's the new me:

ppcei9jwo444.jpg

Linda, I often thought about donating hair but hadn't done it till now. I would do it again if I grow it. You're very generous to have done it several times ☺️

Judith, so very glad your surgeries will one day be over and you are looking forward to such a good result. Ringing that bell can't come soon enough!

Marilyn, inspiring as ever.

• Marilynsretired
    0biphdyklpfj.jpg

LosinSusin - love the hair cut - and what a beautiful smile you have
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan - your hair is gorgeous and you are looking so pretty. I know when I get my hair cut after it has been long, it feels very strange to comb it. My comb seems to fall out at the end because I was so used to be having it keep going down my hair.

I have a dentist appointment today so I will walk the mile to get there for my exercise. I so not expect them to find any problems, it is just a cleaning.

• LosinSusin
    Thank you, Linda! And I am feeling the same. My comb feels weird and the combing takes seconds! I am looking forward to not having long strands of hair everywhere too. I hope your dental appointment goes really, really well.

Thank you for those thoughts, Marilyn. 💖

Colin came home this morning. It is really good to have him back. 💕 He likes my hair too.
  • Marilynsretired
    v0oc15m6q57q.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    My appointment with the dentist went great. I had no cavities and he had no spots that he is watching. My teeth feel really clean now.

I am go glad Colin is back. Did he bring lots of pictures of the grandbaby?

Judith I am praying that HandyDART will be able to take you to the hospital on your next surgical date.

I am making an applepie to take with some other food to a family in the church that just lost their mother. Their children are teens and above but one is developmentally disabled so she may have problems understanding where her mother is. This was a sudden death and they still donot have a diagnosis for why she died. They think is may have been sepsis but they do not know the source of the infection. I pray that we can bring some comfort to them today as we serve them.
  • LosinSusin
    Oh Linda, I am so sorry about the family losing their mother and not really understanding why she died. You are so lovely to be reaching out and serving them. Bless you. They will have a rough time ahead of them as they adjust to her loss.

Yes, Colin brought me plenty of photos of the grandchildren 😊 Today he was busy doing all sorts of things that needed attention. He loves running around picking things up for us. He also installed three baby gates, two on each side of the house and one inside, to section our puppy off from danger. I had found ways to put barriers in those places but his solution was so much more practical!

Marilyn, nice ideas for slowing down and being present. I breathe deeply and drop my shoulders when I become aware I am on fast forward for no good reason.

Judith, I hope you are seeing answers to some of our prayers! May your day be blessed.

And bless you both too, Linda and Marilyn, and Fancyqtr if you are reading.
  • Marilynsretired
    jd5w3fvp61s2.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    I am doing some cleaning today in the living room where the dog shed so much hair on the couch. I miss hearing the clicking of her toenails on the floor and her tail wag greetings!

I just heard today that another friend just went on Hospice and has been given two weeks to live. She was diagnosed with colon cancer just two weeks ago. I am hoping that this is the last friend I loose in a long time. Her children are all grown and on their own.

On a positive note, I had a really good talk with a good friend today that I have not seen for a while. Since we are here in Denver for a short time, we made plans for us to get together next time we come over. She is very encouraging and I love getting with her.