Chat Cafe

Replies

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,447 Member
    Marilyn, lol!

Linda, so sorry about the loss of your dog. I grieve every time I lose one of mine. They are such loyal friends. And I am very sorry indeed to hear about your sick friend. That would be so hard for all of her family and friends and for you in particular. Praying the Lord will be close to you all at this hard time. Glad you got to spend time with your good friend.

I had breakfast with the ladies from church today. That was so nice. I've been cold all afternoon and am about to go get a blanket!
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    tcuqy076b418.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    My doctor appointment went well. I was afraid that he would be concerned with my weight gain but when I mentioned it, he said "It looks like you only gained 1 pound". I am sure that the assistant that weighed me put down the wrong number because I weighed just before going to the appointment and I had gained more than that but I am glad she make a mistake. Now I have 6 months before my next appointment to loose that weight and maybe some more by then. He checked my elbow and said I have bursitis. It is swelling in the little pad between the joints that cushion the movements. He said to give it a little more time and it will gradually go away. It has gotten smaller over the past two weeks already so I am sure it will all go away.

My husband and I are having a date tonight to watch a live show at a theater. Our S-I-L is using an old fainting couch that my mother had given me as part of the furnature in the show and gave us free tickets for the use of it. I planned on giving it to my daughter anyway so once he is done with it, she will be taking it to her house and re-upholster it to match her color scheme. She had admired it many times in my house so I am glad I can pass it on to her.
  • LosinSusin
    That's good about the weight reprieve, Linda, but sorry about the bursitis. How wonderful to have a date night! I loved the story about the fainting couch too.

Marilyn, it sounds like you are missing someone special. Sending comforting thoughts and prayers.

After church, Colin and I went to the hardware and bought a new plant stand and some Zygocacti. We came home and reorganised our pot plant garden to protect everything from the Puppy who Loves to Shred. They look much better now too, since they are better organised. Here's one of the Zygocacti in bloom. There are several colours:

x7i4q3zmpwth.jpg

Only one church service today as Pastor is not well. Praying he will recover this week.
  • Marilynsretired
    vigsrppdjek3.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    u1lavl1y7e4l.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan you have increased my vocabulary today. I learned that your Zygocacti is also called a "Thanksgiving" cactus and my mother had one that she called a "Christmas" cactus so it has three names. It is beautiful no matter what it is called.

I'm sorry I did not get on much yesterday. It was a busy day with church, two meetings and lunch with friends. I intended to get on later but that did not happen. Today we drove over the mountain again. We only stayed in Denver for a week because we had the dentist and doctor appointments to go to. Now we will be in Grand Junction for 6 weeks. I like it so much better here where it is quiet and the house stays clean. I do not like the 100 degree weather but we do have a swamp cooler that does help put moinsture in the air and keep it cooler. We have some dark rain clouds over head now but usually if it does rain, it evaporates before it gets to the ground. The wind was bad as we were driving so something is happening with the weather cycle. I am hoping for a cool front but we will just have to wait and see on that one.

My friend newly diagnosed with colon cancer passed away on Saturday. They had just gotten her home from the hospital so she was in comfortable and familiar surroundings. Her passing was much faster than they had expected.

Judith I am praying for your surgery on the 15th. Although it will be a long recovery, at least you will be done with having surgeries for now. I am so glad that your transportation worked out that you do not have to take an expensive taxi home when you are discharged. I pray that you will not have to go in so early for your surgery that you have to take a taxi on Wednesday.
    Take care!
  • LosinSusin
    Marilyn, lovely words.

Linda, so sorry for the loss of your friend. That must have been quite a shock to all who loved her. Hugs.

I saw my Dr today and have some results. I am not in dire danger but have been diagnosed with genetic fructose intolerance and yeast overgrowth. Interesting. Dr said I have probably never felt well in my life! He's right! Fortunately he has lots I can do so have started some treatment and am booked to see a Dietician. I have to be vigilant about mould removal in my environment. All this explains my asthma and many other conditions I have. I've told the family as they could also have the same conditions.
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan - I am so glad that your doctor has been able to pinpoint what your health issues are. If you could relieve your asthma symptions that would be wonderful. It sounds like some dietary issues will need to be changed. I had a friend who also had yeast overgrowth and is now free of it. It did take a lot of work and a very limited diet choices for a while. I don't know if this is what your doctor has in mind but it sounds like he is positive you will be feeling better.

Our Bible study group today spoke quite a bit about our friend who passed. We shared fun memories we have of her and prayed for those who are left here on earth. It was a good time of support for all of us.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Good Morning All

Thank you for your ongoing prayers, kindness love and friendship. You all are so appreciated.

The big difference is my sleep patterns are improving as when I wake during night and need meds I take them and fall back asleep for another 2 or 3 hours, so this is better.

Susan, love your new look... your picture is beautiful, love your hair and your smile, thanks for your prayers and asking after me
    Linda thanks for asking if your prayers for me had been answered, see above; as yes they have 😊 and thanks for all updates and sharing good report for your dental appointment 😊
    Marilyn thanks for all the inspirational quotes with pictures....appreciated and encouraging...

I am back tomorrow for further surgery...the last one removed diseased tissues repaired some muscle and tissue damage and wired my mouth and lips left side shut closed to promote healing; tomorrow will remove wires and repair damaged muscles and tissues from all the previous cancer surgeries with skin flaps and skin grafts. This prepares me for next stage of treatment. I will be recovering all summer. Good news, starting next week I will be back daily with you all. Know you are kept close in thought and in prayer. Love and God Bless 🙏💕🤗😇
  • Marilynsretired
    19qec1brgvb8.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Linda, thank you for your encouraging story about your friend. It's good to know about someone else who had good results in a similar situation. I'm glad you could share with friends who also understand about your grief. Hugs.

Judith, that's so exciting and also daunting!! I'll be praying about you and your surgeries. The Lord will keep you close to Himself all the way through and beyond. It will be very nice to see you here again soon. (Glad you like my new look).

Lol Marilyn! All that to fix an annoying rattle!
  • Marilynsretired
    r48cfshv31f9.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Judith - praying for skill and wisdom of the surgeon doing the next step surgery. It sounds as if this recovery will be easier than the prior one. It will be so good to have you back with us. You are so missed when you are not able to post. We do know you are being held by the hands of our Savior and are safe even if we do not hear from you. Rest my friend, as you heal from this surgery.

Marilyn - thanks for keeping us entertained! We need some humor in our lives to keep us balanced from some of the things that are discouraging.

Susan - According to my world clock, it is 3AM at your house. I hope you are resting well and will wake refreshed in the "morning".
  • Healthyme7410
    edited June 2022
    We welcome a new member today - Starlighttucker! We hope to get to know you better in the days to come.

We are back to hot days again. It is supposed to be 98 degrees today. We try to take our walks later in the evening when it cools down on days like today.

We have a lot of cottonwood trees in our area. The seeds look like little clumps of cotton as they travel from the tree to another place to land and start another tree. I was just thinking this morning that trust in God is like these seeds. If we allow God to direct our paths like the seeds allow the wind to take them to different places, we will always "land" where he wants us to grow. Let's rest in God's love and allow him to direct our paths today.
  • Marilynsretired
    6u888ms8mx26.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    m81eoodhxbpy.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    This week has gone fast! It is almost the weekend again and I still have things to do for the week. I like to look at the "National Day of the Month" website to see what crazy things they are celebrating. Besides being cherry tart and apple strudel day it is also eat your vegetable day. At least they are balanced in their nutrition with fruits and vegetables. It is also wear blue day which is easy for me to do because I like a lot of blue things.

It has been in the high 90's this week and a cool front is forcast for this weekend. I am looking forward to a cooloff! On Monday we will be going up into the mountains to stay at our trailer for a few days. It is cooler up there and much quieter than living in a city. I may not be on here for those days because we will not have access to internet. We do have spotty phone service.
  • LosinSusin
    Enjoy your time away, Linda! Thank you for your encouragement and the analogy about the trees.

Thank you again, Marilyn, for your inspirational quotes!

Judith, I am thinking of you and sending up prayers for you. May the surgeons improve things more and more so you can get your life back! Hugs!

Welcome to this thread, Starlighttucker ! Hope to get to know you more here 🤗
  • Marilynsretired
    mblkupz6lhba.jpg