Chat Cafe

Replies

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,447 Member
    Oh no, Linda. Poor G-I-L! Glad she is finally home. It sounds like your Retreat was wonderful for all sorts of reasons. 😊

Judith, it's good to hear from you. Thank you for your concern for Colin. He's doing much better today. I hope you are doing alright 💕

Arthritis in my typing hand is playing up so will make this brief. Had a very busy day. We leave in the van in less than 24 hrs and I will probably have no signal till Friday, so don't be concerned if you don't hear from me for a bit 🤗
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Good Morning

Linda, sounds like a great retreat, congrats on the 2 pounds lost. You made good choices in your eating and were blessed with the added exercise walking to the dining hall. God is Good, He had everything planned out for you. So sorry about all that happened with the mix ups and delays for Grandma getting home to Kansas but happy there were blessings in between and she got home safely.

Thinking and praying for Susan Marilyn and Darlene and families. ❤️🙏
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    px6trgogiifk.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Just a quick check in before we get on the road. It's always busy the few hours before we leave. I will try to check in briefly even though we may not have a good signal for the next few days. By Friday I should have a strong signal for the rest of the trip.

Take care everyone. Thank you for praying, Judith. I will keep praying for all of you too.
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    Making lasagna tonight with chickpea pasta to avoid the wheat. I'm not sure how it will turn out but will know tonight. Helping someone pack and move today. There will be a lot of cleaning to do when they are out.

Have a happy and safe trip Susan!
  • LosinSusin
    edited September 2022
    Thanks, Linda! You're a good friend to be helpful with that move!

We're at our son's place and went out for dinner last night with his wife and three children. It was a great night. We'll move on again this afternoon so are going to look around the town they live in this morning. It's a peanut farming community so there's a bit of dust in the air that makes beautiful sunsets:

188xq6c3nz1v.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    edited September 2022
    acyf0nyyx88f.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    I am listening to the rain outside and enjoying the cool breeze. It has rained softly then the sun comes out then it rains again. I'm not sure if the weather can make up its mind. 😀 It is very quiet in the house today. Our S-I-L is usually here and has the TV on but he is gone this morning so I am enjoying my time reading my Bible and listening to the rain. The dog is usually his constant companion so she is walking around looking like she does not know what to do with herself.

Today I am doing laundry and cleaning. There are so much little details that need attendion that I have not had time to get to like cleaning the tracts of the sliding windows. This will keep me busy for a while!

I hope you are all having a good day.
  • LosinSusin
    It sounds so peaceful there today, Linda. I am happy for you 😊💕

Marilyn, I love today's quote. 💝

We had another day of travelling and have arrived safely at our friend's house. I think we'll have an early night tonight. I have a full day of crafting with friends happening tomorrow.

Here's our setup tonight with the Jasper in the doorway.

7132309ys6ci.jpg

• 316Judith
    Good Morning,

Susan, safe journey for you both; hope you enjoy your travels, the sunset at your son’s is so beautiful, and the picture with the camper van at the doorway of Jasper is such a beautiful setting for you both. Have a great visit at your friends place. Enjoy your day of crafting with your friend’s. If you can share some pictures of your crafts.

Linda, so kind of you helping your friends with moving; yes, always a lot of cleaning after a move. Hope you get it all done and finish your laundry. Let us know how your pasta turned out, sounds good to me, having a quiet house with your Bible Reading and listening to the rain does sound so peaceful, a perfect day for you,

Marilyn, thank you so much for sharing the last two quotes, I enjoyed them.

Blessings to everyone, have a great day! 🤗🙏
  • Healthyme7410
    I will be leaving soon to donate whole blood so do not have much time to chat. I have the blood type that can be given to anyone so they call me regularily to donate. I am glad to do it because it helps others in need and it also boosts my energy.

Susan - so fun to see your van and your dog waiting for you to return from taking the picture. Happy travels!

Judith - I changed my mind about the chickpea pasta and went with gluten free since the chickpea did not have the correct type. I needed lasagna noodles and all they had were shaped pasta in the chickpea brand. The gluten free are made of corn and rice flour and were chewier than I an accustomed to but the taste was good. I made regular wheat pasta for the rest of the family to eat and have lots left over.

Marilyn - Glad you are feeling a little stronger - keep resting as you need to help your body recover.
  • LosinSusin
    A full day if crafting leaves me happy but tired! Here are three of our projects from today:

uunr5p0fqkxq.jpg

8sy7da7vynq0.jpg

q3p1zjkf6oz6.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    Susan - these are beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us. Being creative helps our brains stay young by exercising our skills.

Welcome Ranarehab to the team. I hope we can get to know you better as we post our thoughts here as well as joining in the games.

We had several rain showers last night but today is bright and sunny. We are having the Fall family birthday party today. It is for birthdays in September - December so it is three in the same family. My son, D-I-L, and my granddaughter are all celebrating. Their son's birthday is at Thanksgiving so we celebrate with him with our family Thanksgiving time. We are having chili-mac with different toppings and I am bringing an apple pie and my daughter made another type of pie.

Tonight is our oldest granddaughter's homecoming celebration at school. It has been very exciting seening her pick out her her dress, get her nails done, plan her makeup, etc. I did not get involved in things like this at school but she is very social and wants to be at everything with her girl friends.
  • Marilynsretired
    6yxf9r0w93wc.jpg
  • 316Judith
    Good Morning All

Welcome October… it’s hard to believe that Summer has passed and here we are heading to Celebrate our Canadian Thanksgiving which is Monday October 10th. I do love Autumn and the pretty colors of Fall leaves.

Susan, so happy you enjoyed your Crafting days. And thank you so much for sharing the pictures of your beautiful cards. You are so talented and gifted!

Linda, thank you for sharing your changes of your chick pea pasta recipe for the gluten free, sounded so delicious even though it was chewier than what you normally was accustomed to! So happy you are able to give blood, a wonderful gift of life to those who desperately need a blood transfusion. I like your idea of celebrating Fall family birthdays, such a beautiful time of year to celebrate. My family has done my birthday with our Thanksgiving when like this year my birthday is a week before Thanksgiving so this year we celebrate both occasions together. I was like you with our School homecomings as I didn’t get involved, funny as my Son didn’t but daughter has. I am sure it was so nice to see your granddaughter pick out her dress and get hair and nails done. Such a happy time.

Marilyn, thank you for sharing the Homemade Marinara sauce. Looks so yummy! It’s great to see you posting here. Please take things slow and get as much rest as possible as you recover.

God Bless you all; enjoy your day and week ahead! 🙏🤗
  • LosinSusin
    Hi everyone! It's the last day of crafting with my friend. Tomorrow we head off for a couple of weeks at the coast in the van.

Your celebrations sound like fun, Linda. How exciting about your granddaughter! Enjoy every minute. Family time is so precious.

Marilyn, I would have loved that marinara sauce, pre FODMAPS. Hope you are feeling better and better.

Judith, good to see you here and I am still praying about your health. 💕

Take care everyone. I need to get ready and go see my friend.
  • Healthyme7410
    We have been very concerned about my grandson but just got good news from the ER. He was having severe abdominal pain last night at the birthday party and my daughter took him to the ER but his pain was less and there was a long wait so after 1 1/2 hours they told her to go home and watch him carefully. She took him in this afternoon because it was not any better (it was better than last night but still in pain) and they did 3 x-rays of his abdomen but they could not find anything wrong. She was told to watch him closely and if he develops any symptoms of appendicitis that she should bring him back. It is frustrating to not know what is wrong but also good to hear it is not serious right now.

• Healthyme7410
    My grandson had a good day today as they went to "Miller Farms" as a church group. They charge an entrance fee then take a bunch of people out on a wagon and let them pick as much vegetables and pumkins as they can carry. It is a fun outing for the kids.

Our trip over the mountain was uneventful. There were a few short showers but no big accumulations. The traffic was good but there were some areas where there was only one lane open on the interstate while they are doing last minute construction before the weather gets cold and freezing. Our Denver minister visited Grand Junction while we were in Denver so they stayed in our house to save money. We like to have people in here while we are gone for a long time (we were gone for a month this time). They were excellent guests and it was difficult to see any evidence that they had been here. The beds were all made, trash was taken out, dishes were washed, etc.

I am tired today since I had to get up early to pack and clean before we left Denver. Tonight will be an early night to bed! 🥱😴
  • LosinSusin
    So glad your grandson is all right, Linda! What a concern that would have been. Glad he is back to having fun already after his hospital. Your house guests sound perfect. They are the kind you don't mind having. It was good to hear that your trip over the mountains was uneventful too.

While we were packing up to leave our friend's house today, Colin had a fall. He twisted his knee replacement leg. It is also Burr and prickles season so his clothing was covered in various sized thorny things. He is alright, but we are having to discard his shirt. He is wearing a knee brace today and has had a little pain, but thinks he will be alright. We are now set up in a van park on the coast where he wanted to be. We will be here for a little while before heading home in the third week of October.

I am thinking of you all and keeping you in my prayers.
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan - I am so sorry Colin had a fall especially in the bur patch. I hope he feels better soon. We have some kind of weed that grows in our gardens and if we do not pull it out before it gets seeds it is miserable to get caught in our clothes. There are times we also throw out clothing that is encrusted with them because it is nearly impossible to remove all of them. We also have "goats head" thorns that get in the yard. They are miserable to get stuck in our shoes or to step on them with bare feet!

Our granddaughter is really feeling poorly today. She says she has chills, sore throat and feels like a "truck hit her". It sounds like she may have the Covid that my other daughter's family had last week. She was around them babysitting. I am glad we are gone from the house so if she has it, we will not get exposed to it. Having it one time was enough.

There was a lot of unusual rain while we were gone and we have come back to our roses getting a new life and starting to bloom again. They are growing taller as if it were Spring. I am enjoing the roses that they are producing.