Chat Cafe

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member

6tkune41twwg.jpg
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Welcome to a Brand New Month of November. I am excited to see what this month will bring. I am focusing on this month with my Thankfulness and Gratitude to God for His Daily Blessings. God is Good.

Marilyn, welcome back, great to see you back: thank you for todays quote, such awesome wisdom and it’s so true, yes I do respect the man who can do that.

My prayers continue for you Marilyn, how are the kidneys? Hope they are functioning better and you are feeling stronger everyday!

Wishing everyone else a blessed First Day of November! 😊
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,447 Member
    Hello Judith and Linda. Thank you for complimenting my cards. You are right, Judith. I do cut everything out myself, or use dies and punches to do so. I start with a sheet of cardstock and go from there. I rarely use kits. Yes, they do often cost more to post, Linda, but many do not. The one with rows of stamping, for exple, is a standard size and weight. The Christmas tree card is oversized so should be given to someone in person. The candy cane card actually fits nicely in an ordinary envelope but it is heavier, but often there is still no extra charge for postage. I like to make stamped pages like this, cut them in four and make cards with them:

hchitxmzin4w.jpg

8pd7fjtpy88r.jpg

These cost no more to post as stamping doesn't add weight! 😊

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    We needed to get new tires on the truck today before we made another trek over the mountains with snow predicted. Using the truck up in the mountains where the trailer is takes a toll on the tires. There are a lot of rocks, ruts and gullies to traverse on the old road. It was expensive to get all four tires but we will be set for the weather problems we may have during the snowy season.

I am going to try to clean the brick on the fireplace today go get the soot off before we have the gas insert put in a few weeks. We have not used the fireplace since we bought the house but the prior owners did use it and it has some blackened bricks that need to be cleaned. The bricks are tan so the soot shows a lot. I should have cleaned it when we bought the house but there was so much other stuff to replace and clean that this did not take a high priority.
  • Marilynsretired

rok4b6f0liov.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    We had a great trip over the mountain. There was some wind when we started out going through the canyon but once we were out driving was fine. There was a pure blue sky with no clouds at all. We got here and I am unpacked but now need to start helping my daughter with dinner. I will have more time tomorrow to "talk". Praying for you all daily.
  • 316Judith
    Susan, I too like the stamped pages to make my card stock, thank you for sharing love the cards. Yes I agree, usually I don’t pay extra for postage unless I make an oversized card, usually those cards are hand delivered to my friends and family. I make a lot of 3 dimensional cards and love using designer paper heaps of every kind of embellishment you can think of, adding ribbon and borders, punching out shapes, embossing paper, cutting out the dies and then it’s one piece at a time building your card you are creating. I often use blending pens, water color pencils, markers to color the images I adhere to the card. Oops, as you can see I love card making, got a little carried away telling you about it! 😝

Linda, so glad you got good tires for your trip. It was a nice surprise for you to find clear blue skies once you passed through the canyon. I am sure you will enjoy your time with your daughter and
    family. Have a good rest tonight after your long journey.

Marilyn, the quote you posted was right on, as I was reading it it almost seemed as if you were writing the words and thanking everyone personally. I know it came from your heart as knowing you it’s just the way you are with your kindness and lifting us up with encouraging words. God Bless you as always.

Tomorrow I am at the hospital for follow up and treatment with my surgeon. I will try and check in with you in the evening… Blessings all! 🙏❤️
  • LosinSusin
    Hello everyone. We're on the road today so reception is iffy. We're going to the north coast where the caravan people have their business. We need to talk with them about our build.

Linda, tyres are so expensive! Colin needs us to upgrade the chassis strength of our truck before we get the new van in June. It's expensive too 😑 but it will make it safer to drive/tow. Enjoy your mountain stay. Praying for safe travels for you both. 🙏

Marilyn, I felt like Judith about your quote today 💕 Praying for you. 🙏

Judith, praying for you too. 🙏 I hope your hospital stay is not too uncomfortable and that they make a good difference for you. I am having to prep for a routine procedure next week that involves drinking yukky stuff. Bet you can guess what the procedure is now! Lol! Take care and will look forward to hearing how you are doing. ❤️

Highway view before we lose reception:

y3ut8nrllyzu.jpg

• Marilynsretired

8saet5hchk4u.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    We have a huge temperature shift today. Yesterday it was 73F but today it is 38F at 1pm. the high today will only be 41F. Snow will start tonight but I don't remember how much they said we would have. We have a lot of leaves off of the trees but the snow will help bring the rest of them down.

Card making sounds so enjoyable. I lived vicariously through you Judith to see what is involved. Are the stamps an expensive investment starting out if you stamp the cards? Judith please share some pictures of your handmade cards also.
  • 316Judith
    Thank you all. I will share some pictures as soon as I can.

Linda quite a temp change, stay safe and warm! Hope you don’t get too much snow. Safe driving in those conditions my friend!
    Susan, pray your procedure goes well, I feel for you with that horrible solution you have to drink to prepare. Been there! Not pleasant my friend! Thanks for highway picture!
    Marilyn, I say a hearty Amen to your quote shared today. As always thank you for sharing.

I had my appointment today at VGH Hospital with my Surgeon. A long day, my face mouth and upper and lower lips are not responding and recovering as quickly as was hoped for. I am being watched very closely. The injections can’t be done until well into the New Year. I am praying the Melanoma has not metastasized into the body. I am still waiting on Pathologist appointment that looks after the issues with the mouth face and lips, swallowing speech and function after multiple cancer surgeries. All I can do is leave this in God’s Hands. Appreciate your support and prayers! 😊🙏
  • LosinSusin
    edited November 2022
    Oh, Judith, I am so sorry for the news. I hoped it would be better than it is, but the Lord knows all and you are safe with Him for always. Will keep praying for you and hoping for you. 🙏❤️🙏 I am so glad your faith is strong.
  • Healthyme7410
    We had three inches of snow yesterday but the sun is shining and it is melting quickly. Being in the 60's tomorrow will get rid of all of the snow I am sure. We went to a friend's house for dinner and even though the snow was coming down very hard, the roads were still warm from the earlier warm temperatures so the roads never did get coated with snow. They were just wet and slushy. Growing up in the central part of the States, when it snowed, the snow stayed on for a long time but with our low humidity, it is quickly evaporated so we do not keep the snow on the ground long.

Judith, I am so sorry about your doctor report but know our timetable does not always match what God has planned. I pray for faith. peace and patience as you walk this difficult road with your hand in the hand of Jesus. Although we can not walk with you, He is always there giving comfort and strength. We love you so much!
  • LosinSusin
    Hello to everyone.

Planning to fill some card orders this afternoon.

You brought back snow memories for me today, Linda, especially from when I lived in Canada's Northwest Territory.

• Healthyme7410
    We are having a warming trend for a few days. I am planning to go on a walk while it is nice weather although it is cloudy.

We had two of our grandkids overnight last night. They are 8 and 10 years old so they can play games and fend for themselves in a lot of things. They played board games and watched cooking shows last night and stayed up until 1:30AM. They did sleep until almost 10 this morning so I had time to get up and get my brain ready for the new day. I made waffles and bacon for them but I had some problems at first. I thought my daughter had a non-stick waffle maker so I did not spray it will oil before putting the waffles in it. Unfortunately, the dog got the first waffles I made because they stuck so badly to the inside of the waffle maker. The next two batchs were fine after I sprayed oil on the cooking grids. I have learned my lesson on making waffles here in Westminister.
  • LosinSusin
    Wow, sorry to hear about the first batch of waffles but bet the dog loved them!

Just home from church so am in search of lunch

Blessings to all
  • Healthyme7410
    We had a great sermon today about searching the scripture for truths not just listening to others speak as in podcasts, verse of the day, blogs, etc. These are all but to really internalize the truths we must study out what the Bible really says. Not everyone can study the Hebrew and Greek as my husband can do but we can read and ask the Holy Spirit to guide us to apply what we read.

We are making yogurt today. It is a long process but it tastes so much better than what is sold in the stores. I do not like really sour yogurt and I like to choose what flavoring I may want to put in it. I usually just add fruit and put it on my cereal and it is sweet enough for me. Making it in the Insta Pot makes it easy because we just mix and wait for the culture kto grow in the low heat.

Ddo you have daylight savings time changes like we do in the states? It is nice when the time goes backwards but I do not like it when the change is the other way and we "loose" an hour. I would love to see this daylight time stopped and we just stay the same all year long. 🔆
  • LosinSusin
    Sounds like a great way to study, Linda, with the Holy Spirit teaching as well as people applying their own knowledge.

The yoghurt sounds good too! Enjoy.

Yes, part of Australia has Daylight Savings. Our state (Queensland) does not. That's because we are situated closer to the Equator and DST has not gone down well with people here. They had a vote about it and Qld voted against it. There is some inconvenience caused by not remembering other southern states have different times for part of the year but not for other times.

I kept busy today making cards for orders, going to Ukelele and to choir practice. Bible study was in Ezekiel this morning. I always get fascinated by things in that book...
  • 316Judith
    Good Morning All 🌅

•*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.✫
    Dropping by to Spread the Spark & Say Hi 👋
    ¸.•*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨)✫
    (¸.•´ .•´ (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.✫
    And Wish you a Fantastic Week ahead 🤗
    I’m back after several stormy days
    We had Heavy Rain and in some places turned into Snow and extremely Gusty Winds
    I am safe and thankful for no property damage
    My son and his wife have been without power and running water for several days, they have a generator and have bottled water
  • Marilynsretired

22h6xsysb5r3.jpg