Chat Cafe

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    Judith - I hope your son gets the power and water back soon. I am glad they have a generator and bottled water. We depend on a generator when we are up in the mountains at the trailer. It is nice to feel safe knowing that we do have electricity when we need it to charge up our phones and other things.

My husband has had a hard weekend with anxiety and irregular heartbeats. We had thought that he was moving forward but this felt like a back step. We learned that we are involved in a lawsuit with several other land owners about some property adjoining ours in the mountain. It is nothing that we have done wrong, but the other person is asking for some really big demands. We do not know how much it will cost to have a lawyer help us or when we will hear the verdict from the judge. We feel helpless and in limbo. Please pray for our faith that it will all work out for the good. My husband has an appointment with the doctor on Wednesday to discuss this past weekend's anxiety level.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Linda, I am so sorry to hear about your husband having anxiety and irregular heart beats. My prayers are that the appointment with your Doctor will help and much wisdom will be given in instructing you how to manage these episodes. I am also sorry to hear about you being involved with several other land owners in a lawsuit concerning some property adjoining yours. I can’t imagine how stressful this will be. So sorry this other owner is making such great demands. Trusting the Lord provide the financial means for hiring the lawyer to work on your behalf. I am also praying the Lord turn this around and the Judge will rule and make a decision in your favor.

Thank you for praying and thinking about my son and wife in their situation. The storm is passing and they have their power back on thankfully. They got a lot of snow too but I am rejoicing for answered prayer that my son is safe.

God Bless your day everyone! 🙏❤️
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    2906b634c3ie.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    Marilyn - Yes I totally agree with you!!!

I have been looking forward to this day for a long time. Today is election day and we will stop hearing about all the advertizements about who is the best and how bad the others are. I pray that God can work through whoever gets into office.

Susan - Happy Spiritual birthday! 🎈 You said that you did not have the exact date but knew it was in November. I choose today to celebrate. LOL

• Marilynsretired

jx166q1irjkg.jpg

• Marilynsretired

6e9qe2zai3od.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    I'm sorry I was gone yesterday. I was proof reading my husband's notes and PowerPoint for his teaching day on Saturday. It is 5 hours of teaching. I had to read 121 pages of single spaced notes and 167 of detailed PowerPoint slides and make corrections on them. Once I read it all, we had to go through his computer slides and pages to correct all I had taken notes on. I got to be last night at 3AM although I was doing other things during the day like dishes and cooking etc. so the whole day was not spent working on his paper.

I had a wonderful time having lunch and shopping with an old friend I have known from back when our kids were in soccor in Junior High school. My son is now turning 40 so that is a long time. It was good to get caught up on each other's lives. He husband died in the past year so she is lonely and needed to talk for a while.

My husband went to the doctor yesterday and he assured my husband that the irregular heart beats are not an indication that he has heart disease or anything but stress. He put him on an antianxiety medication to use in the short term.
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,447 Member
    Sorry to be absent. Had a hospital procedure and the anaesthetic knocked me around a bit. All is well now.

It's Memorial Day here and we had an outside service at the Village this morning. I sang and played flite with the choir. We had some young cadets come to do their slow match flag raising ceremony. It was very moving. Afterwards the crowd had lunch together. I needed a sleep this afternoon after all that.

Judith, good to see you here and I am still praying for your healing. I hope the storm damage is overcome very soon. Glad you are safe.

Linda, you have some difficult things to deal with. I am so sorry about the lawsuit and about your husband's health issue. Praying for the Lord's help in your situation.

Marilyn, good to see you back posting. Praying for your health issues too.

• Marilynsretired

tz0odmltywlo.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    Today I am making a cake to take to a memorial service for a mother of a friend in the church. I did not know her mother very well but had talked with her and she was a very sweet and giving person. It will be a praise service of her leaving this life and going on to so many new and wonderful things with Jesus. A friend in our women's Bible Study group that moved to North Carolina a year or so let us know that her husband had passed two days ago but I don't know if they will have a memorial service here in the Denver area. Most of their family is down South. Another friend let us know that her Aunt passed away on the same day that my friend's husband passed. In all these losses, my good friend became a new grandma a day later. The Lord gives and takes away! Praises both ways when the person passing is actually "graduating" from this life into a much better one and a new life comes into the world.

Susan your Veteran's Day celebration sounds so inspiring. There are no celebrations I know of around here but I certainly do appreciate all the veterans who have given their service for the country. My Dad served in World War II as a medic for the wounded. He did not like to talk about what he had to do or saw happening.
  • 316Judith
    edited November 2022
    Today is Remembrance Day: we have services in all our communities, our Federal and Provincial Leaders all take part the Veterans are present and we had 1 Veteran the oldest at 99 years old interviewed on air, so beautiful, members of various Regiments of Army, Airforce, Medics who take part, a high school student who wrote a poem on Remembrance Day and was chosen to read it, so touching. There were laying of Wreaths at the WW1 and WW2 Memorial in front of City Hall. At 11:00am there is 2 minutes of silence as a Prayer is said for families of the fallen. Then a 21 gun salute is given and the last tap is played.

Today I think of the sacrifices that my Grandpa, Dad, and many Uncles made in their service in both WW1 and WW2 serving their country proudly!

My Grandpa in the Canadian Army WW1, Dad WW2 Canadian Airforce, 1 Uncle in the USA Army Corp, other Uncles in Canadian Army and in the Canadian Airforce,

All Served Proudly....

Sorry for such a long post but today has been such a day of memories of my dear family who served and are now with Jesus in Heaven.

Marilyn your quotes are inspiring and touching, thank you for sharing.

Linda, happy your husbands issues with his heart are not indicative of heart disease but just the anxiety, trusting the meds doctor put him on help. Certainly a lot of families who have said goodbye to loved ones who passed but Praise God they are entering a new life and journey with Jesus in their eternal home. Love your description of “Praises both ways when the person passing is actually "graduating" from this life into a much better one and a new life comes into the world”. Thank you for sharing. The cake you made for the memorial you attended, what kind was it? Maybe you can post on our Recipe thread!

Susan: thank you for your prayers and your kind thoughts. I so enjoyed reading all about your Remembrance Day service that was held in the Village and sharing that you took part in the service with singing in the choir and played your flute. That’s wonderful and such a blessing!

God Bless you all this November 11th Remembrance Day! 🙏
  • LosinSusin
    Thank you for your Memorial Day memories, Linda and Judith. Our family also had many in the military. Dad and several Uncles served in the Korean War. None of them talked much about it as they were told not to when leaving the Army, Airforce and Navy. My nephew and two sons served more recently. One son had two tours in Afghanistan and one in Dubai.... Sacrifices were definitely made by all three and their service left its mark. I respect all who served. There are similarities between our services, Judith. We also observe the silence after The Last Taps is played and we did have a bugler from the Village play it. So haunting and poignant. There were poems, stories and prayers from veterans and widows, teens and octogenarians. A special day.

Marilyn, I do agree with the motivation to learn being key.🗝️

Linda, so sorry to hear of the loss.of several friends. How wonderful to be at we know that they were e promoted to heaven. The new baby will be such a blessing to your grieving friend. Hugs.

Have we good days, everyone. 🙏💕

• Marilynsretired

te11t7ze8u3s.jpg

• 316Judith
    Marilyn, what you shared above I say a hearty AMEN! Thank you for sharing all these inspirational quotes. They are such a blessing as we pause and meditate on each one. God Bless you my friend! 😊🙏

Susan, I didn’t realize you had 2 sons serve, you mentioned Dubai, I have 2 Friends husband and wife who are originally from Singapore but their work took them to Dubai, they often said the conditions they had to live under were harsh. I can’t imagine your sons in the military fighting in Dubai, my heart goes out to your son.

Then after few years my friends were transferred to Canada and lived in BC where I live, we had such beautiful times together with our other friends, then after about 15+ years here they were transferred to the Netherlands, this is where they have stayed several years, their work is keeping them their permanently. They came for a visit in February of 2020 to BC just before I was scheduled for my 3rd surgery for Malignant
    Spreading Melanoma. If you go to my FaceBook page I will post a new profile picture of the 3 of us at Church, photo taken after the service.

Today I was so blessed, my friend dropped off my groceries and a special Starbucks smoothie and tea latte I love; another friend dropped off congee yesterday and this morning my friends husband made a pureed soup which she dropped off. God is Good! Blessings on your Sunday coming. ❤️
  • Healthyme7410
    Our big day is over and we can rest a little before we go back to Grand Junction on Monday. The lessons that my husband and two of his students were very inspiring and challenging from the Sermon on the Mount. After it was over, we went out to eat with a friend who lives in Aspen and drives 2 hours to come to the Grand Junction church as long as the weather is good. It was really good food and she surprised us by buying out meals too. When we got home, my husband went to bed quikly to get some good rest after standing for so many hours teaching.

Judith - I am glad you have such good friends who bring you food and treats. God does provide for all of us in so many ways.
  • LosinSusin
    Marilyn, amen! God can do anything but fail, as the song goes

Yes, Judith, our two boys served and only one was deployed. When he stayed in Dubai it was in the desert. We have no idea what happened there or in Afghanistan but it was all before Troops were withdrawn. Both 'boys' are family men now, approaching their 40s. I am glad to have them home. Our daughter did not serve but I am glad she didn't. She was not cut out for it at all. Thank you for your FB profile pic. It is lovely. And I am also glad you have kind and supportive friends 💕

Linda what a blessing to be taken out for a meal. Our lessons today were on Hebrews 13 and 1 John 2. Both were very good. They hit home.

• Marilynsretired

az59yyoedzsr.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    I can't say it was an exciting day but it was busy with church, 3 hour meeting after church, exercise, cleaning, laundry, etc. Tomorrow we travel again so packing is on my list also. Blessings on you all for a good week ahead.
  • 316Judith
    Evening Hello

I watched my Sunday morning Church Live Stream service and was so blessed with todays message and the Worship service. God brought me comfort and I could feel His awesome presence as He knew it was a difficult day and He came along side me and showed me His Love and strength to push thru and just rest in His Arms. God is Good and He is Faithful! 🙏✝️
  • 316Judith
    edited November 2022
    Evening Hello,

Marilyn, thank you for another great quote. “Be Happy on Purpose” my prayers are with you, how’s it going with your kidney function? Trust you are doing better my friend. 🙏❤️

Susan, as always my prayers are with you and Colin, trust all is well with you both? Happy you saw and liked my FB picture of me and my friends who once lived in Dubai. So gad your sons are now home living closer to you both and happy your daughter didn’t serve, yes I sure know and understand what you are saying as my daughter wouldn’t of been cut out for being in the military or serving in the countries our families served in either. And thinking of serving on what you said about your son serving in the Desert, that has to be so harsh. We sure can be thankful our families are safe and living closer to us.

Linda, you said it was travel time again for you both today, safe travelling my friend, my prayers go with you both that the roads will be clear and safe for you. Your Sunday was sure busy with Church 3 hour meeting after Church and all the cleaning exercise and packing you did. Take care and God Bless…❤️🙏

Thanks all for your love kindness and many prayers. Of course mine our with you all as well! 🙏❤️