Chat Cafe

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    268cgypoq6gf.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    Judith- thanks for the delicious sounding recipe. It is perfect for Thanksgiving.

Great sermon on the parable of the wedding feast. Being ready for the huge wedding feast of Jesus and his bride - the church is so exciting. To be there we need to be totally surrendered here on earth to the will of the father.
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,447 Member
    edited November 2022
    Judith, my dogs also challenge me when I'm trying to make the beds! They seem to think it is a game I want to play. Glad to hear you have a nice warm bed. And a kitty to keep you company. I am praying for you after hearing your news today about the pathology appointment coming up very soon.

Marilyn, sending a hug right back to you!

Linda, it will be a marvellous day when the Lord comes back for us all. Yes, we need to be ready for him to return anytime.

• Healthyme7410
    Just a quick note because we are traveling today then out to dinner and a movie with friends. It will be a very busy day. Hope you all are doing well. See you later.
  • LosinSusin
    Enjoy your day, Linda. I had lunch with some of our church ladies today. It was extra sweet to be in their company.

News: we sold our van today. The new one won't be ready till the middle of next year, but we don't have to worry about our current van anymore now.
  • Marilynsretired

q5rv9s0dhmao.jpg

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Marilyn , for the first post I send you a huge Hug back and the above one gave me a chuckle! Blessings on your day my friend!

Linda, safe travels, hope you enjoyed dinner out and your movie with friends. I so love this passage on the Parable of the Wedding Feast, and yes we need to be living right here so we are ready when Jesus comes back for His Church. What a glorious day that will be when Jesus comes back to take us all home! So glad you enjoyed the recipe I posted. It was my favorite when I was eating a more normal diet!

Susan, so glad to hear your Van is sold, this is great, you don’t have to think about it now. Happy you had a nice lunch with the ladies from Church. Can hardly wait till I can do the same when I get finished with treatment and recovery! Thanks for sharing your story with your Dogs doing the same thing as my Kitty when making the bed, especially when putting on new sheets, oh boy “happy days”

I have been resting on and off today as my appointment Monday was so taxing, then I had another appointment with the Pathologist I saw yesterday but it was an online appointment. So as a result I didn’t here until this evening to read and post my thoughts. Know you all are on my heart
    and in my prayers always! ❤️🙏
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan - I am glad you were able to sell your van. How exciting that you are getting a newer and nicer one.

Judith-- I hope you get rested up after your appointments.

We had a really nice time with our friends last night. Today I spent a lot of my time working on stuff for the school. There is still some more to do but I feel like I made a dent in it
  • LosinSusin
    Hello my friends. Had a big day of rehearsals for our two Saturday concerts. I think a lot of bugs were worked out.

Thinking of you all! 🙏💕💐
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan - rehearsals sure do help get everyone on the same rhythm. I am sure you all will sound beautiful.

Today I mopped the floors while people were out of the house. It really needed it! I found enough hair behind the recliner and under the couch to make another dog. LOL (There was a lot but maybe not another dog.) Unfortunately, the dog did not get the message that I was mopping so even though there were not people prints on the wet floor, there are several doggie prints. It was too cold to leave her outside until the floor dried and she is not allowed in the other part of the house because she loves to cause trouble unless supervised.

Judith - I hope you were able to rest and recuperate yesterday.
  • Marilynsretired

o2ejmdzr0y0f.jpg

• LosinSusin
    Marilyn, that's my a timely reminder!

Lynda, lol about building as mother dog! It's always hard to get the floors dried before others step on it around here too. Thank you for encouraging me about the concert.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it.

Judith, thinking of you and hoping and praying for good things for you.

We had another practise with our Ukes today, getting a sound check done. I guess we're ready for Saturday!

• 316Judith
    Good Morning All,

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American Friends here.

Linda hope your day is blessed with family and friends. Are you having Thanksgiving dinner with all the family coming to your place? Are you doing something with your Home Group for Thanksgiving? Whatever you do may your day be blessed. I hear you about your “puppy” walking all over your freshly cleaned floors. How’s the work coming along that you are working on for the schools? It will be nice when it’s all done. So glad you had a nice time with all your friends last night.

Reading about both your Dogs walking on wet floors reminds me of what my “Sunshine” does, as soon as I get the mop out she sits by the kitchen watching me wash the floor, as soon as I move on to the bathroom floor she thinks it’s playtime, as soon as I put my cleaning supplies away I come back to see if the floor is dry, what do I see, little paw prints all over the floor. yup, Miss Sunshine left her mark! 😁

Susan, it seems our furry friends love walking all over our wet clean floors.
    I am sure your Rehearsals have got you all ready for Saturdays concert. I sure wish I could be there
    to watch and listen to the beautiful music. I will keep you in prayer Saturday as you have the concert. Look forward to the pictures and hearing
    all about it.

Marilyn, yes if we all would do what your post has said what a wonderful world it would be. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you all for asking after me and for your prayers. I will post an update on my appointments later, they are not good but in time I will get there. It will take time to get function back. I will need to see the oncology dental again soon and in 2 weeks I see my Surgeon. Will likely discuss the injections.

God’s Blessings all, 🙏😇
  • Marilynsretired

4oy8aurivclt.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Today is a day to be reminded of our blessings. Among my biggest blessings is that you all are in my life. Although separated by time zones and continental boundaries, we are still connected by the love of Jesus. May the Lord bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you and give you peace.
  • Marilynsretired

99jdv05e98nv.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    I am continuing today to think of my blessings. I need to have gratitude everyday not just one day of the week. I did pretty well with food - one plate only and not overfilled but did have some salty olives which will affect my weight. I will not weigh until tomorrow for our 5% weight loss group. I need time to drink lots of water to get the salt out!

We had a nice dinner at our son's house and all the family. The cousins loved having time together to play although their ages range from 8 to 15. My 12 year old grandson's birthday is tomorrow so we celebrated with him also. We are all so busy it is hard to gather two times to celebrate Thanksgiving and a birthday also. We are making plans to take them all on a trip to San Diego in California next year as we celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. We are using some of my mother-in-laws money we inherited to help pay for the flights and housing for all 12 of us. We will go on trips together but also give them time to go on their own side trips as their own families.
  • 316Judith
    edited November 2022
    Marilyn, very good quotes, thank you so much.

Linda, sounds like a lovely Thanksgiving with all your family. and celebrating your Grandson’s Birthday! Yes I agree, we have much to be grateful for.

Been a long day for me, Got my Advent Wreath set up, my daughter picked up the things I had ordered at Purdey’s for the Family and Michael’s Craft Store and stocked up on red and green card stock paper and all kinds of Christmas ribbon for card making, scrapbooking and wrapping gifts. Then got Miss Sunshine ready for her Vet appointment and for her 2 year Vaccinations and wellness check up. Received 2 Deliveries from UPS from Hickory Farms, and Young Living Essential oils. More Christmas gifts and Birthday gifts to put away. Busy busy day! Off to bed now… God Bless 😴🙏😊

Lots accomplished but glad it’s all done.
  • LosinSusin
    Lovely to catch up on everyone's news and quotes.

The 3.5hr matinee is done, we're just waiting on everyone to arrive for the evening show. This afternoon went well. Hopefully tonight will too!

Here's a pic of the set up before everyone arrives (85 are in the cast, over 200 will be in the audience tonight as well)

0wrrg1jype5g.jpg

• Marilynsretired

se5a0erl3719.jpg