Change 1 Letter in 4 to Make a Word

Options

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,926 Member
    Options
    I have not seen a juke box for a long time.The last one I saw had a cuke on the side and it said it belonged to the "Luke" Corporation. Susan, is that a relative of yours?

LUKE
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,774 Member
    Options
    Lol! I am Luke warm about owning a juke with a cuke. It must be a distant relative who owns it. Iwonder if it is Duke Luke of Cuke who owns ot?

DUKE
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Susan - I did not know that you had royalty in your family with Duke Luke of Cuke. The only think we are famous for is our pet "duck" who used to excape from the pen then the dogs would chase him and we would have to rescue him from his hiding place under the car. He never did learn that his pen was a safer place then the outdoors.

DUCK
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,721 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I like all your ideas, yes a juke box to play all the oldies! I like that

Maybe we can get DUKE to help us find a good Juke Box to play?

DUKE

JC Willow, where are you, you are missed! Anyone know where our friend is?
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I don't know if I have met Duke or not. Is he the "dude" that lives on a ranch and raises alpacas?

DUDE
  • 316Judith
    Options
    You got it Linda, yes he is, the alpacas are such a unique animal, one of God’s Creatures! ❤️

But there is something about alpacas, they can be so RUDE, they spit when they don’t like something!

RUDE
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    When we were visiting Egypt, we were told to watch out for camels who are rude and can spit. I believe they are related to the aplacas so that makes sense. My friend took a "ride" on the camel and it kept trying to put his head back to bite her. He was very rude!

RIDE
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    To ride a rude camel that bites and spits would not be fun! It would make me want to hide when a camel came near. (Lol about Duke Luke of Cuke meaning our family has royal blood!)

HIDE
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Get me away from the rude animals! I guess I will just "bide" my time until they find other things to do than to spit and bite me. They need to be taught manners.

BIDE
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Yes, we need to change the tide of their attitudes with better camel education! 🤣

TIDE
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Indeed, these camels need to learn proper manners and learn to behave. And I’m with you all I am going to Bide my time and change the Tide of these Camels that bite and spit! So I think I will look into getting some nice Bus Tours go take us through the Rocky Mountains, think this would be much better than riding camels! So let’s stay away from Camel Riding and go on an adventure taking Bus RIDES through the Rockies!

RIDES
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    If you take bus rides through the Rockies maybe you can stop at my house and we could have that long awaited dinner we planned. As you travel, you should not "rile" up any rattlesnakes since they are hibernating in the cold weather

RILE.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    I would mot want to rile rattlesnakes on our bus ride through the Rockies but would love to go on that ride to your house Linda! That bests camel riding by a MILE.

MILE
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Great idea, I love the idea of travelling through the Rockies and going to visit Linda, we would have an awesome time.

And on the way I heard of a new Lime Stone Quarry opening up near Linda, let’s see if the Bust will take us through the Quarry, it would be such fun!

LIME
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    The lime quarry might be very noisy as they are digging out the rocks. The bus driver might have to "mime" the description of what is happening in case we can not hear him.

MIME
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Dime
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    I'd pay a dime for the bus driver to mime the history of the lime stone quarry for us. That will be great use ofvpur bus journey time!

TIME
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Yes taking a tour through the Lime Quarry would be noisy Linda, I had not thought of that when I made the suggestion, and you are right it would be interesting to see the Driver Mime the description of what was happening in the Quarry. So I have another idea, how bout getting our Driver take us to the Mint, we could learn a lot at our local Mint!

MINT
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Oh yes, a tour of the Mint would be fun! And less noisy. Though the Mint I went to had an old furnace that had to be fired up and fanned with huge bellows to make it hot enough to smelt the metal that would make the coins, so it might be a bit noisy. We can always put lint in our ears to muffle the sound.

LINT
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Pint