Change 1 Letter in 4 to Make a Word

Options

Replies

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,774 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many coins a pint of gold would make? I'll have to ask the Mint that question when we get there. Does anyone have a hint about how many coins it might make?

HINT
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Yes good idea Susan for putting Lint in our ears to muffle the noise! And Marilyn, we can use a pint size of lint to share with each other so our ears are protected! Looking forward to touring the Mint! It will be both fun and educational learning all the steps they take to melt down the metal to make the coins that find a place in our pockets and change purses!

It will be interesting to see the tint of Copper & Nickel come out of the machine as the metal is melted to form & make the coins!

TINT
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Yes, the tint will be changed by smelting and the coins will be so shiney they will glint. They will make a ting noise if they are dropped on a hard surface.

TING
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,926 Member
    Options
    I would hate to "hint" that it might take a pint of lint to fill some people's ears to keep the noise out. Of course that is not us because we have dainty ears.

HINT
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Hehe Linda, I laughed at my suggestion after I posted but left it as it fit the theme and words!

Great Hint Linda but good we have dainty ears!
    Thinking of all that lint that it would produce we may be sweeping up for days! 😆

LINT
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    In the past when I have only had a broom, a friend has lent me their vacuum cleaner. I'll make short work of the lint for us with a vacuum!

LENT
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Yes Susan having a vacuum sure helps with picking up all that lint. Nice of your friend to have lent you the vacuum!

Having a vacuum sure saves you from having to bend over to do the work otherwise you might of had a BENT back!

BENT

• Healthyme7410
    Options
    A vaccuum is wonderful for picking up lint and dog hair that a broom can not get. If the soil is too hard for a vaccuum to pick up I know a store that has rug cleaners you can "rent". I was wonderinf if we have a mess after the fashion show is over that might be a good option. Some of the animal visitors the fox may invite can be pretty messy.

RENT
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    I'm all for renting equipment to clean up after the show. None of us need bent backs and the profit from the show should cover the rent fees. We're not expecting a cent of profit anyway, right?

CENT
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    It looks like my last post I was thinking about the fashion show on the "change a five letter word" and not being in the noisy mint.
    I'm sorry I took the story in a different direction.

Back to the mint I would say that I hope the cent they make did not have a "dent" in it. I wonder if they would give us some bent cents to use to make jinging bracelets out of.

• LosinSusin
    Options
    That's OK Linda. I think everyone playing knows the two stories!

I would like a bent cent bracelet. Once I had a silver sixpence with the Lord's Prayer etched on the back. I wore it as a pendant. You could only read the prayer with a magnifying glass. It was pretty special. It didn't have a bend in it at all though.

BEND
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Thank you Linda and Susan for contributing to our story line. It’s a fun word game. Love the engraved bracelet with the Lords Prayer, so very special. Glad it didn’t have a bend in it, I would love to have a special bracelet like that and if I did I would be most happy to Lend it out to each of you!

LEND
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    The next time I have a big function to attend, Judith I will send your a request so you can "send" me your special bracelet. Thank-you so much for the offer!!

SEND
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Yes, let's be sisters in the Lord and lend out our special jewellery! I'll lend you my pendant anytime. Just send a request. We must be careful not to drop any of our bent pennies and jewellery in the sand though. It might be hard to find them without a sieve.

SAND
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    A sieve is a good idea with the jewelery in the sand. At least we would be on "land" when dropped. It would be impossible to find if we lost it in the water off the bow of the boat!

LAND
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Better yet - lets keep a tight hold on our jewlery with our "hand" so we do not drop it at all. It is very special to all of us when we lend it to our friends.

HAND
  • 316Judith
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Indeed let’s keep a tight hold of our jewellery so we can keep on lending it out to our dear Sisters in Christ! We can also keep a wand on hand just in case we do drop it so we can wave the wand over the sand and the current waves will alert us that our precious jewellery is close by!

WAND
  • LosinSusin
    edited December 2023
    Options
    The wand of a metal detector is a great way to find lost jewellery as it can be calibrated for different metals like gold, silver or copper. We may even find someone else's lost wedding band for them!

BAND
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    How sad if someone lost their wedding band in the sand. There is such an emotional "bond" that I have with my wedding ring I would certainly hope someone could find it with their wand if I lost it.

BOND
  • 316Judith
    Options
    I agree Susan and Linda losing a Wedding Band would be devastating! And yes I would hope someone would use a wand and wave it over the sand in hopes the Band would be found. Yes I am with you as I have a real close bond to my Diamond ring and I would be so devastated if I lost it! And I would pick a BONE with someone if they made fun of me having such a close Bond to my ring!

BONE