Change 1 Letter in 4 to Make a Word

Options

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,899 Member
    Options
    Let's hope no one makes fun of you - you sound very serious about your ring, which is understandable. It would be the "bane of my existance" to have something so precious not considered as special to them as it is to me.

BANE
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,686 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Thank you Linda for your kindness. As I was walking along the Sea Shore looking out at the water splashing up on the Beach I turned around and saw all the beautiful Gift Shops along the Beach front the owners were starting to Decorate for Christmas. The Store Fronts had pretty lights all around the windows and had Wreaths and Jumbo Candy Canes on the Door entrances. So lovely to see. Some of the Store Owners were passing out Festive Canes to all who passed their stores. I was able to get a few and will share with you when I see you next!

CANE
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Looking forward to walking down the Sandy Beach Shore and going inside the Decorated stores and maybe even buying some new decorations for this year. Walking down the Beautiful Decorated Lane ways is fun, for sure picture taking day’

LANE
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I do enjoy window shopping when stores are decorated with Christmas lights and symbols. They even have things for children. There was a rocking horse with a beautiful "mane" that they could hand on to as they rocked.

MANE
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,753 Member
    Options
    How lively your word pictures are of the decorated shops in the line and the rocking horse with its beautiful Mane. I would like some little decorations for our caravan so am happy to visit the Christmas shops. Just looking through the window pane won't be enough!

PANE
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,531 Member
    Options
    Cane
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Yes, there are times when looking at the wares and decorations through a window pane is not enough. With our small house, we do not have much room to store things or to put things up. I'm sure Susan that your little space is also challenging to decorate much. A cancy cane does not take much room though. I have a friend who has a huge dog, (about the size of a Great "Dane") that even though she has a bigger house, the dog can be a challenge running through the house and knocking down decoragions.

DANE
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Oh I am glad our two dogs are little and not great Danes! It's true that decorating small spaces takes some thought. Candy canes also tend to melt in the heat of summer, so I am sticking to homemade stars that are easy to hang and don't get in the way when we dine.

DINE
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Good idea to just use stars as decorations. I had fogotten that you are in Summer so candy can melt. I can not decide how much to decorate here in Grand Junction since we will be in Denver for Christmas. I think I will just do the minimum here and be "done" with it. That way we will not have a lot to put away when we come back.

DONE
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    I agree, keeping things simple means you can be done quickly when taking things down afterwards. Sometimes in the caravan I feel like I have to dole out Christmas spirit with small spoons! I have to think of how I can store my decorations afterwards too, without taking up too much room.

DOLE
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    That is true Susan. Storage room is important when gathering things on trips. I have my Christms tree and Christmas stockings up but not a lot more. I have thought to just put some of my Christmas balls in a "dome" shape on the table an call it good. I do have a handmade basket that I some balls in so maybe I will stick with that instead of a dome shaped pile.

DOME
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    That sounds good, Linda. Christmas baubles in a dome or basket would be so pretty. This is one thing I hung in the van. I am not a big Santa fan but there was little choice at the store this late in the season.

n44cdf9hk2q5.jpg

I wish I could have found a flat decoration with some stars on it instead.

SOME
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Lovely thoughts, and great ideas. I live in a suite that has large rooms and heaps of storage, I have a large utility room that has two oak shelving units that store boxes and my freezer, it’s one of the older buildings that was large on space. It is a Gift from God! I have plenty of Christmas ornaments some from Mom and me.

Susan your door plaque is really nice, I hear you about decorating in small spaces and Linda like your ornaments in a dome and or basket. I am sure the stockings and tree are lovely!

Reading all about finding decorations guess we will need to ROME around the streets of stores to find just what we need! Or how bout a trip to ROME 😆

ROME
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I have never been to Rome but it has lots of famous and historic buildings and I hear that it is famous for its gelato and pasta. I think I would like to see what they do with a "pome" (e.g., an apple or pear) in their gelato.

POME
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Yummy Linda, I have never been to Rime either but we have plenty of authentic Pasta restaurants here in Vancouver and an ice cream shop that sells Gelato, my favorite was Spinoni Gelato, so yummy. Our family went to the Speghetti Factory in Gas Town in Vancouver and we always had Gelato for desert! Yum yum. I heard that a new flavour of Gelato was coming out soon, it is called Pineapple-Apple Gelato, I will have to try SOME

SOME
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    That flavor sounds wonderful. If you try some and like it, maybe I will travel to Vancouver to taste it and "come" see you.

COME
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Oh, what a nice thought that you girls would be able to visit each other in Vancouver and eat gelato together! I have never been to Rome before either. I have visited Vancouver though and would love to see it again and visit with you two. I'll remember to comb my hair if I do get to come.

COMB
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Yes like that Susan, getting away from scrumptious Gelato if you come back to Vancouver another summer treat is eating fresh Cobs of Corn! Yum yum. Sweet Corn in Vancouver is so good!

COBS
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I am wishing for Summer to come to be able to eat fresh corn out of the garden. Growing up, my brother and I would eat corn and lay it end to end on the ground. We would then lie beside it and seeif we could eat our height in corn. That is not something I would try to do now! That would be gobs of cobs of corn,
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Sorry. Gobs of cobs of corn makes me feel ill. Lol! It's a food I can only tolerate so much of. My, we're thinking up lots of jobs for ourselves in this story!

JOBS