Change 1 Letter in 4 to Make a Word

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,535 Member
    Did they handyman make it to the house yet? I hope he took the toll road so he did not have to have extra "toil" getting here with the extra traffic on the main road.

TOIL
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,408 Member
    Yes! He arrived and is now engaged in Toil to help us get into that room! It's a cold day so I am going to boil thd Kettle and make him a cup of tea or coffee, if he wants one.

BOIL
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,603 Member
    Awesome, thank you for letting us know Susan, good plan, I will join you and boil my kettle as it’s really cold here so a warm drink will help warm us up! It will be so nice to get our sleeping bags and tent out of storage. Let the fun begin! We still need to be careful as Mr. Fox 🦊 is still in the area and as we sleep we need to keep our Ears covered as Mr. Fox is known to nibble on Ear Lobe’s so we will need to keep our ear LOBE protected!

LOBE
  • Healthyme7410
    Judith you are just full of useful information! I am so glad that you told us to watch our ear lobes. I would not want to "lose" mine for sure. Where would I put my gorgeous earings without a lobe?

LOSE
  • 316Judith
    You are so right Linda, you do have gorgeous earrings and it would be a shame if you couldn’t wear your earrings should Mr Fox eat your Ear Lobe, and speaking of earrings we will have to get together and shop in the nearby Jewellery Store, they just opened up Birks Jewellers in our Mall and they have SOME beautiful trays of Gorgeous Earrings, even Diamond earrings. So we all need to protect our ear lobes as we don’t want to lose them to Mr. Fox.

SOME
  • Healthyme7410
    Oh that is wonderful! I love to shop for jewelery. Birks Jewelery shop has the "most" expansive showroom I have ever seen.

MOST
  • LosinSusin
    Oh my goodness I had no idea Mr Fox might eat our ear lobes! Thanks for the warning, Judith. I also like to wear earrings and wouldn't like to lose my lobes. I have never heard of Birks Jewellery before. Tell me more! I MUST know more.

MUST
  • LosinSusin
    In case you want to know about the most expensive jewellery store in Australia, it is J Farren-Price. I had never heard of that store before either. 🤣 I must live under a rock or in the MIST when it comes to jewellery.

MIST
  • 316Judith
    edited January 17
    We all live in different parts of our world and all have different stores to shop in. I have never heard of the J Farren-Price Jewellery Store in Australia before, so we both are the same. Yes we all love our Jewellery especially pretty earrings. I will send you a LIST of the Jewellery Stores We Have! Maybe we all could do this, should be fun what we discover!

LIST
  • Healthyme7410
    We have a variety of jewery stores in the states. As I look at their websites, I suddenly realize that I got "lost" in the myriad of beautiful things and I forgot to do my regular chores.

LOST
  • 316Judith
    No worries Linda, just look for the LAST store you looked at on your List!

LAST
  • 316Judith
    Linda and Susan, last night I said I would share some lists of Jewellery Stores.
    Tiffany and Co,  Leah Alexandra, StittgenFine
    Van Cleefand, Arpels Cavalier Gastown
    People’s Jewellery, Birks Jewellery, Ardene’s and Arlene’s Jewels I

The above list is just a dent of the stores we have.😁

So if you are FAST we can fill up our page with many more. Perhaps we can have a day of shopping in the above stores when you are visiting downtown Vancouver. I will have to drive in as Vancouver is out of town for me, about 1 hour or so away!

FAST
  • LosinSusin
    edited January 17
    Common Jewellery stores in Australia:

Prouds
    Michael Hill
    Pandora
    Goldman
    Wallace Bishop

Hope that was fast enough! What a shopping fest we will have!

FEST
  • Healthyme7410
    Stores we have are Kay Jewelers, Shane and Company, Riddles's Jewelery, Zales, BC Jewelery, Mesa Jewelers, Thoman Hunn Jewelers, Zack of Diamonds Jewelry Company, A Dab of Gray, Lar's Custom Jewelry, Jarrods, Banter Icing, etc.

It is hard to know which shop is the "best". I will go with the ones that other people have suggested that have been good. A store that has a good reputation for excellent beautuful jewelery, friendly salespeople and good prices is for me.

BEST
  • LosinSusin
    edited January 20
    We have a lot of jewellery stores to visit! Yes, I like stores with the best quality and prices, so let's Pare the list down and make sure we go to the recommended ones. When I looked up best affordable Australian jewellery brand, Google gave me Reliquia. I have never heard of the brand, but let's go find something with that name on it while we're in Australia, lest we become overwhelmed by too many choices.

LEST
  • Healthyme7410
    Google told me "Signet Jewelers, whose brands include Kay and Zales, was one of the market leaders among retailers of jewelry in the United States, with worldwide retail sales of over 7.8 billion U.S. dollars in 2022. Tiffany & Co., with its iconic New York flagship store, is arguably the biggest name in the world of jewelry." We as a family have all shopped at Kay and Zales but Tiffany and Company is much too expensive for us. I will not put them on my "list" of jewelery stores to visit.

LIST
  • Healthyme7410
    Another thing that controls what jewlery I buy is how much money I have to spend. I do not have a "fist" full of money to spend these days.

FIST
  • LosinSusin
    Me neither, Linda! I agree, we need to be careful with our spending unless we know a way to make money fast in our imaginary world!

FAST
  • Healthyme7410
    All things are possible in this imaginary world. We have seen this work in the "past". Let's put on our thinking caps and make some money! 🤑🤩

PAST
  • 316Judith
    I so agree Susan and Linda, my thinking cap says, also keeping in mind imaginary money, our imagination could run away from us, this is so much fun, when I think of Past stores I have shopped in that did not cost me an arm and leg 😆 I will go with People’s Jewellery in Coquitlam Centre as all the other places I LOVE but are too expensive for my pocket book! People’s comes in the middle but has exquisite jewellery!

So let’s talk about it and make final decision when we meet up! We can TAPE out list on board and come up with final vote and see if People’s is our Winner!

TAPE