Change 1 Letter in 4 to Make a Word

Replies

• JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,352 Member
    edited August 2023
    OMGosh, Linda! That was a serious mistake on someone’s part. I’m so glad you realized it early on. Remembering the wisdom of the rook saying "nevermore" is very wise on your part and should work to keep you safe.

WORK
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    book
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    Yes, being alert to allergies is hard work. Especially those whose allergies can cause breathing problems and death. I have heard that they have dogs that can smell food and tell you if there is an allergin in the food before you put your "fork" in it to eat. Those dogs are amazing!

FORK
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    edited August 2023
    Yes Linda, we sure need to be alert when it comes to allergies, I like the idea of having a dog that could alert you when it smelled something that could cause harm. Having said that a dog would be so helpful for a child who has severe allergies, so many kids these days have peanut allergies and it’s amazing how even when it’s known the child has allergies they still seem to be given food that has the ingredient that is harmful so having a dog trained to pick up the scents it would be such a life saver. My plan is let’s go to the local Shelter and see if they have any dogs that are trained or can be and adopt a sweet dog FROM the shelter for a child who would benefit by having one of these sweet Dogs…

FROM
  • JC_Willow
    Yikes I just learned something...thank-you! I did not know about Detection Dogs for food allergies so I looked it up. I have a friend whose son ended up in the hospital from going to a fancy restaurant that was allergen free! He used his fork in good faith. I wonder if the school dorm would allow a dog?

DORM
  • Healthyme7410
    That would be wonderful to have a detection dog for everyone with allergies in the dorm. I know for myself as a mother, when I would wake in the "morn" I would be happy knowing my child was safe for the day.

MORN
  • 316Judith
    Yes I feel the same. Here in Canada if you have a Dog who has been trained are called Service Dogs and they wear a vest identifying them as a working dog that helps people with whatever disability or medical condition one has! So yes “Baxter” would be great to help Jonny and live in the Dorm with him attending his classes and sitting in cafeteria! Here in Canada it’s the “NORM”

“NORM”
  • JC_Willow
    edited August 2023
    If every mother could wake up every morn knowing their child is safe from allergens, what a blessing that would be!
    We also call them Service Dogs in the USA, and it is the norm for them to accompany their owners to any room but I never knew they could sniff out gluten, soy and such!! :o (I saw the word Detection Dogs on the internet)

ROOM
  • Marilynsretired
    boom
  • Healthyme7410
    In Colorado we also have emotional support dogs for those who have mental health issues such as depression, PTSD, anxiety, fear of loud noises like "booms", etc. They assist people with "mood" issues and are not necessarily allowed into every room. Service dogs on the other hand are allowed everywhere.

MOOD
  • 316Judith
    Thank you for sharing this, we have Guide Dogs for the blind, and dogs that are used to sniff out drugs in the airports and other smells they pick up and we have service dogs for working with children diagnosed with Autism, Hearing Dogs for the Deaf, Seizure Alert Dogs, Dogs for Psychiatric Disabilities, Social Dogs, Balance Dogs,

Yes these Service Dogs open up a DOOR for these individuals to make their lives easier that otherwise would be closed if it weren’t for these precious dogs!

DOOR
  • JC_Willow
    Interesting posts! I am still learning from you gals! Whenever I was in a mood, I would close the door to my room and either have a good cry or play music on my hi-fi. Now who knows what a hi-fi is? :D

ROOM
  • 316Judith
    To answer your Question JC it is a High Fidelity music a reproduction, and yes I looked it up via Google 😁

Sounds nice to go in your room and close the Door and Listen to your hi-fi music!

So instead let’s connect via our WIFI and download some nice music!

WIFI
  • Healthyme7410
    My brain is tired tonight - I have not a clue where to go from here with that word. I will let someone else try. 😫
  • JC_Willow
    edited August 2023
    Judith, LOL good for you looking up HI-FI :) My memory referred to my 1950’s record player (my hi-fi) that I had in my room. It played different size records and was one of my best friends!
    Linda WIFI was hard for me too and its morning...I could only think of one word and that word is WIFE.

WIFE
  • Healthyme7410
    JC you are so much better than I am at this game! For getting the word wife I will play my "fife" in your honor so the world will know we have a champion game player.
    FIFE
  • Healthyme7410
    JC you are so much better than I am at this game! For getting the word wife I will play my "fife" in your honor so the world will know we have a champion game player.
    FIFE
  • 316Judith
    Yes JC you are a marvellous player in this Game we call Life. Hope you enjoy…

LIFE
  • JC_Willow
    edited September 2023
    We all have our strengths in this game. You have both taught me alot and have given me some laugh out loud moments. Now you have me looking on my calendar for the Fife & Drum muster held at Longfellow’s Historic Inn. Maybe you could play with them, Linda and Judith & I will cheer you on!
    The Game we call Life is poetic. I like phrases that make me think. I remember the board game with a similar name. Maybe we could find one at the flea market and play it with each other.

FLEA
  • Marilynsretired
    lead