Change 1 Letter in 4 to Make a Word

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    Our game "Life" was pretty dated because salaries and prices have risen so much since it was created. I was googling it and the paydays look like they have been updated. I have a few dollors to spend so after we play our game, maybe I will go back to the flea marked (who buys fleas??) and see if I can find another good "deal" there.

DEAL
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Yes JC I like that idea, I will let you take the Lead on going to the Flea Market and look for the Board Game called Life. It will be fun playing the game together!

Lead On JC…It’s a DEAL

DEAL
  • JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,352 Member
    edited September 2023
    LOL “who buys fleas” another laugh out loud moment and what a deal... two for the price of one...everything is on sale!

SALE
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    bale
  • Healthyme7410
    Yea there is a sale! I love to get things at a reduced price. I need a bale of staw to use for Thanksgiving decorations and a turkey made from the "bole" (the trunk) of a tree.

BOLE
  • JC_Willow
    Well I just learned a new word again...BOLE. I spent some time looking at tree diagrams this morning. Still not sure I know the difference between bole and trunk so I need to read more. I am a little concerned that your Thanksgiving turkey might be tough or fibrous but no doubt you are very able in your cooking skills!

ABLE
  • 316Judith
    Yes we sure are learning many things thru this game. I love it! I agree JC that our Linda is able to make a juicy tender turkey that is mouth watering. Having said that, “I’m on my way Linda to your place, can hardly wait to sink my teeth into the scrumptious Turkey and Dressing with heaps of gravy! Yum Yum 😋

Looking forward to see who will lead in preparing our Menu for Thanksgiving Dinner!

LEAD
  • Healthyme7410
    edited September 2023
    I was thinking that I would make a turkey decoration out of the bole of the tree not try to eat a wooden turkey although that would give us a lot of fiber. I am able to make a juicy turkey with dressing for all of us. In fact we just ate a turkey breast yesterday for dinner. I will take the lead in making the meat if you all use your "head" to think of sides you could bring to the feast.

HEAD
  • JC_Willow
    Judith, a good gravy makes my mouth water! :p Linda, So glad you are able to take the lead with a juicy turkey & dressing to share. I am using my head to think of a good side but I seem to be in a daze this morning. Any requests?

DAZE
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    maze
  • Healthyme7410
    All the planning for this big feast has my mind feeling like a rat in a "maze" - what do I do first, where do I go, etc. I think I will take a nap and "doze" a little to see if I can get my self organized then maybe I can help with ideas JC.

DOZE
  • JC_Willow
    I am still in a daze so I totally understand how helpful a nap or even a quick doze can be. It is so hot in my time zone, I feel sluggish.

ZONE
  • Healthyme7410
    Hot weather needs something to cool us off. How about an ice cream "cone"?

CONE
  • 316Judith
    Yes JC I hear you on the heat in your area and Linda a Ice Cream Cone is the perfect solution to cool one down. What flavors do you like?

For me I make smoothies as I can’t eat Cones, I love vanilla ice cream smoothie with strawberry banana and mango blended in the blender that hits the spot for me, yum yum 😋 but for now to think of some sides for our dinner: there are NONE that would be easy to transport to Linda’s home. Any suggestions?

NONE
  • Healthyme7410
    You are correct that it will take a lot of work to transport the food to my house. There are more than "nine" time zones between Australia and my house. (Actually you are +16 hours from us but I needed to use the letters from none.) 🤣

NINE
  • JC_Willow
    Agree! Hot weather requires something to cool us off, a cone or smoothie both sound tempting. My favorite ice cream flavor is Ginger. If there is no homemade ginger then I would turn around and have none. Not because I am fussy, it is because I try not to eat it. I have been known to fail! B)

If a stitch in time saves nine then we better meet each other under the big pine and plan our next steps sooner than later! See you there!

PINE
  • 316Judith
    edited September 2023
    Well that might be a problem for us, the Pine tree is beautiful and it would of been so nice to sit under its shady pine boughs but right beneath the Pine boughs is a Pile of dirt covering the grass we would of sat on. So we will have to meet somewhere else! Any suggestions?

PILE
  • JC_Willow
    Oh my goodness, the pine is not very inviting with a pile of dirt underneath it. My suggestion would be the pier since it offers picnic tables with large umbrellas.

PIER
  • Healthyme7410
    The pier should be fine especially since I heard that there is a "pear" tree next to it that is covered with fruit and it is free to anyone who wants to pick some.

PEAR
  • 316Judith
    Sounds good, a Pear Tree to pick from. We should have a nice day watching the boats going by and picking fresh juicy pears from the tree, and can take as many as we’d like! Sounds so nice and inviting.

However did you know the Pier is right in front of a Log Boom and in the Rear of that Boom is friendly Seals that are always looking for a free meal. The Pear Tree is right on edge of Pier so easy access to getting their fill of Pears!

REAR