Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Replies

• JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,351 Member
    Yes, Linda I have also heard the expression “my pipes are dry”, thanks for the trip down memory lane! Judith, no free Pepsi for any of us but I am happy to bring each of you a bottle that is capped so no young lads are able to spike it! I am also bringing a spice cake for us all to enjoy.

SPICE
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    Yummy spice cake to round out our meal. There is always "space" in the menu for spice cake!

SPACE
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Yum Yum I love Spice cake too, I can make a Spice Bundt cake for us all and glaze the top of the cake to make it pretty!

So let’s call it a Spade of Spiced Cake! Yummy 😋

SPADE
  • JC_Willow
    edited July 2023
    A garden spade will cut a pretty big piece of spice cake! We can eat your pretty bundt cake under the aspen tree.

ASPEN
  • Healthyme7410
    We have lots of aspen trees where we live. The Colorado natives call them "Quaking Aspen" or "Quakies" for short because as you look at their leaves fluttering in the breeze, they look like they are shaking or trembling. Knowing the origins of these old stories "opens" up my mind to the past and how they saw things.

OPENS
  • 316Judith
    Thank you Linda for opening up a new world for us. I knew about the Aspen trees but that’s all, name only and surely not the Quakies! Love this description! Yes it opens up our Minds to new things! Yes we can SPEND our time learning many things as we read all these Old Stories!

SPEND

• JC_Willow
    Tomorrow we could spend the whole day looking for Aspen trees. The sedan is still available if we sign up for it.

SEDAN
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    dance
  • Healthyme7410
    I am glad we can get a sedan to the dance. It is at an old barn and will be a square dance. The refreshments will be cookies and "candy".

CANDY
  • 316Judith
    I love those old Barn Dances, brings back memories when we were young with out a care in the world. I love the refreshments Candy and Cookies. Yes it’s going to be a Dandy of a Dance!

DANDY
  • JC_Willow
    A barn dance with candy sounds like a dandy time! Our golf caddy is planning to meet his sweetheart there.

CADDY
  • 316Judith
    Oh what fun we will have at the Barn Dance eating Candy and having a Dandy time. It will be nice to meet our Golf Caddy’s Sweetheart there. However his sweetheart isn’t allowed to go to these Barn Dances with out Her Daddy who oversees that her new sweetheart behaves responsibly!

DADDY
  • Healthyme7410
    That is a wonderful Daddy to oversee the Caddys sweetheart's behavior. I heard the sweetheart's name is Madeleine but she goes by "Maddy". He name is the same as the cookies we will be eatting.

MADDY
  • JC_Willow
    The Daddy of Maddy wears muddy boots as a message to potential suitors that he will run through the swamp if necessary to protect his daughter!

MUDDY
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    Buddy
  • Healthyme7410
    The only word I could come up with is "Biddy" which is what we called the chickens growing up or it also means "a woman, especially an elderly one, regarded as annoying or interfering". This definition certainly does not match any of us! I will use the word but I can not think how to use this in a sentence about this annoying person that would match our story. My brain is tired.

BIDDY
  • JC_Willow
    Biddy is a word that was used often in my childhood as an unflattering description of an old woman. I have also heard of a biddy hen but can not remember what it means so I guess we could just call it a birdy!?

BIRDY
  • Healthyme7410
    To us a biddy chicken was a baby chicken. Maybe it meant a "little bitty chicken". Birdy is a good word because it encompasses a lot of flying birds - and yes chickens do fly! They would fly over the fence and put themselves in danger of getting eaten by other animals unless we clipped their wings so they could not do it. They loved to peck and scratch in the ground to get worms. When they did that, they would get their feet "dirty".

DIRTY
  • 316Judith
    Yes those chickens are great escape artists, we sure need to clip their wings or they sure will get their feet dirty, and oh what a mess and a smell from the swampy water and mud. So while we clip all those wings let’s listen to a DITTY (music)

DITTY
  • JC_Willow
    Thanks for explaining the biddy chicken! :)

The thought of dirty chicken feet and smelly swamp water is not very appetizing with my morning coffee but a ditty song was a witty followup to the mess and smell.

WITTY