Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Replies

• JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,351 Member
    The lariat ropes would be fun for us to try at the community games! We do not have to ride a horse to participate. Señor Garcia said he would teach us the basics before we go.

SENOR
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    I am glad we can do it not being on top of the horse. I might loose my balance and fall off. Senor Garcia said we will get a prize of a dozen "roses" if we can lasso a calf during the competition. Anyone brave enough to do this???

ROSES
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Oh my I can be brave but not sure if that brave! Oh boy you have me stumped on what to do…Who will rise to the occasion? Ok let’s get our Ropes ready and get that calf for our prize!

ROPES
  • JC_Willow
    Roses are Red,
    Ropes are Read-y!
    No need to fear...
    I spoke to Señor,
    The calf is made of wood!! :D

SPOKE
  • Healthyme7410
    edited August 2023
    A wooden calf you say?? That makes it a whole lot easier to rope. I think I see a metal "spike" on the calf also that will help us fasten our ropes around the calf.

SPIKE
  • 316Judith
    Too funny the Wood calf will be a lot easier to get, excellent idea JC we sure are on quite the journey! However there seems to be Spies 🕵️‍♀️ out there so they may be one up on us, we will have to wait and see!

SPIES
  • JC_Willow
    The metal spike will help us if the spies have not loosened it. Let’s sit under the pines before we play and use our best observation skills to analyze the situation.

PINES
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    Fines
  • Healthyme7410
    As we sit under the pines thinking about the spies I wonder if we catch the spies will there be fines for them to pay? Maybe they have hidden gold "mines" that they can use to pay the fines.

MINES
  • 316Judith
    Yes I wonder how this will turn out, I am sure these Spirs once caught will have fines to pay, maybe they will need to read between the Lines and see if these Spies hid their money in the Gold Mines, yes Times will tell!

TIMES
  • JC_Willow
    Señor Garcia brought some tourist booklets to the breakfast room this morning! He talked about the gold mines that are nearby. At times...teams of tourists are allowed to pan for gold (and keep what they find). Does that interest anyone?

TEAMS
  • Healthyme7410
    I am shedding "tears" of joy thinking about getting rich with all the gold nuggets we could find. It may just be high hopes on my part though.

TEARS
  • 316Judith
    Yup getting rich by getting all the Gold Nuggets we find and can keep them! it doesn’t sound promising, there has to be a catch? Having said that it brings a little bit of FEAR my way!

FEAR
  • JC_Willow
    edited August 2023
    Tears of Joy salted with a little bit of healthy fear will make us wise. My biggest fear is the possibility of bears living in the mine.

BEARS
  • Healthyme7410
    Bears in the mine - oh my! That could be scary. I would wear a bell around my neck to let the bear know I am coming. This alerts them when he/she "hears" the sound and they will run away. This is what we do in the mountains when we go hiking. We also can tell where our partners are in case they are hidden by leafy branches from our sight.

HEARS
  • 316Judith
    Wow, wearing bells around your necks to alert the bears we are coming, somehow this doesn’t sound too promising! I have another plan: we all can carry a big bag of pears with us as we travel up the mountain, the higher we go we drop a trail of pears behind us so the bears see them and stop to eat them, this keeps them busy so they lose interest in attacking us…Now we just have to find enough PEARS to take with us, any ideas or suggestions?

PEARS
  • JC_Willow
    edited August 2023
    Great idea to wear bear bells so the mother bear hears us and moves her cubs to a safer location. Unfortunately, the Ranger said we can’t bring the pears because the hungry bears might follow and attack us. Señor Garcia wears a holster on his chest that holds a can of bear spray to use as a deterrent in case of emergency. We could try that or we could drive to a scenic vista to view the mountain peaks for a stress free afternoon.

PEAKS
  • Healthyme7410
    I was telling my friend about us using bells when we hiked and she mentioned that either it will scare the bears away or the bears will think it is a dinner bell and come to a free meal which would be us. I hope scare is the way it works. LOL Looking at the peaks would be much safer and it would allow the bears to take safe "peeks" at us from a distance. It is win-win for all of us.

PEEKS
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    Leeks
  • 316Judith
    Oh boy, yes looking at the peaks of the mountain tops sounds pretty stress free day, better than trying to keep the bears away from eating us for their dinner, yes, that is a “KEEPS” for me… let’s have fun exploring those mountain peaks…

KEEPS