Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    I am so glad to be expanding our minds with new information. The shelf with the fresh flowers sounds beautiful. It is so good we can all "share" in making this house beautiful.

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Yes, I love designing rooms and other areas, I like the idea of putting a vase on our new Shelf we have built and fill it with Fresh Flowers. However we have the Kitchen design to finish first. We will first expand the room to provide a lovely window where the double farm house sink will be installed, on either side of sink there will be counters with one side a chef’s Gas Range with a built in grill and above the range a pot filler then we can pick out the backsplash we want, we need a designer Hood Vent and the other side will be a side by side refrigerator/ Freezer. We need plenty of storage so there will be upper and lower designer cabinets. Our Islan will be long and will sit at least six people. We will have designer Quartz counter tops on Island and all the counter tops. There will be beautiful lighting and in the far corner will be a pantry with prep space and multiple shelves. There will be French Doors leading out to the deck where there is a state of the art outdoor kitchen. Plenty of entertaining space. The kitchen will be complete with a dinette area for breakfast and coffee. After we design the kitchen it FREES us up to relax on our new Deck!

FREES
  • JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,351 Member
    Judith you are a skilled designer. Impressive! I am glad we have you on board to share the work. It frees the rest of us to plan something for dinner. Would anyone like fries from the new garden potatoes?

FRIES
  • Healthyme7410
    Fries sound good. I am so glad that we have an electric stove instead of a gas one. With all the fire dangers we need to be careful about "fires" that could start with careless gas stoves. Of course, JC, I am sure you would not do anything dangerous but we do need to be aware of the dangers.

FIRES
  • JC_Willow
    Linda, I could not agree with you more about fires! One of my biggest fears as a child was having my house burn down. A mean bully threatened me, “I will burn your house down” if I did not cooperate. I got away from him but every time I heard the fire whistle blow in our small town, I was afraid it was my house burning. Maybe it would be safer to not use any heat source for our meal tonight.

SAFER
  • Healthyme7410
    Bullies can be so hateful with their words! I am sorry that happened to you, JC. Not using a fire could be safer but we would not be able to make any food that needs to be cooked. I know what we can do. Let's have "wafer" cookies for our meal. It is not very healthy but delicious. I like the strawberry ones.

WAFER
  • 316Judith
    Yes I so agree, thinking about what Scripture tells us out of the same mouth words can be used to Bless and to Curse, I have seen so much harm done to an innocent child with a hateful word spoken, it can affect that child for life. I am so sorry JC that happened to you.

Linda I like your suggestion of having Strawberry Wafers, I love Wafers and look forward to the day when I can eat wafers again. So yummy! 😋

We will have to be sure we have plenty of WATER to drink as the sweetness of wafers and strawberries we might find them sticking in our throat, at least WATER will wash them down!

WATER

• JC_Willow
    Thank you friends for your kind words. I did not seek help from an adult at the time so it felt good to share w you. <3
    Wafers sound like the perfect treat, any flavor for me! :D I have plenty of bottled spring water and will be sure to write myself a reminder to bring several.

WRITE
  • Healthyme7410
    Thanks for the water for the wafers. They are pretty sweet even if we buy sugarfree ones. JC, I am glad that we can feel closer to you as you share hard things with us. I was told the "trite" old saying "sticks and bones can break my bones but words can never hurt me". Words did hurt much more that a wound a person would give me at times. I never said that to my children because that saying in it'self was hurtful - like they did not take me serious.

TRITE
  • 316Judith
    Thank you Linda, so true, my Grandmother taught me the same thing and I have always remembered, Thanks for reminding me about “Trite” I will need to WRITE that down!

And yes JC we all are here for you and the whole team, this is what I love about us here, we can share and know we are being heard and are being loved and cared for!

WRITE
  • JC_Willow
    edited August 2023
    I thank you both for your caring hearts! <3

The trite saying “sticks and stones will break my bones...” should be followed by “and words can also hurt me”! No doubt we all experience some negative words in our lifetimes. We could write about our experiences but for now let’s imagine taking that bully tiger by the tail and tossing him and his words over the cliff, “nevermore” to hurt us!! <3

TIGER

• Healthyme7410
    I agree that we need to do someting that symbolizes getting rid of all the trite saying from our vocabulary and have empathy for those who are wounded emotionally. Having a "rites" ceremony puts it all in perspective that we are in control of our lives not the bullies.

RITES
  • 316Judith
    I say a hearty AMEn to your thoughts JC and to yours Linda!

Yes these TrITE sayings need to be permanently removed from our vocabulary as they cause such damage to the one who has been hurt by them.

Sadly as much as we get these trite words removed they come back as there are always groups who TRIES to introduce them as fast as we remove them. We have to find another way to put a stop to these bully’s!

TRIES
  • JC_Willow
    A rites ceremony can be very effective, good idea! If the bully tries to hurt us again he will be in for a big surprise. We can take our hurts to our risen Savior and let Him heal all of us including the bully!

RISEN
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    bisen
  • 316Judith
    edited August 2023
    Yes, good word Marilyn and I like that JC and Yes taking our hurts to Jesus is the best, as when Jesus touches us He makes us completely whole and Well Praise God!

So when the bully comes along our path we should sound an alarm. Hit the SIREN and wait for help! And as soon as Police arrive the Bully will be taken away to never. Bother us again.

SIREN
  • Healthyme7410
    The siren is a good crime preventative. If the bully "nears" us, the siren will scare him away.
  • JC_Willow
    Judith & Linda, that is a really good idea to use a siren when the bully nears us. Not only will it scare him away but he might learn a lesson and stop his bad behavior!

LEARN

• Healthyme7410
    The buly does need to learn a lesson because if he does not he "earns" a punishment from the police that hear the siren and come to get him.

EARNS
  • 316Judith
    Yes so true Linda, somehow with this bully I don’t think it would bother him at all on earning a Police visit and arrest. Sad to think that Bullies don’t seem to care who they hurt. Such a sad state of affairs! 😞

I wonder if Bears would get a Bully’s attention, maybe a few Bears in our community would deter our neighbourhood Bully from causing havoc with being so mean. Only God can change such a mean soul!

BEARS