Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    How fun to have a witty ditty. It makes me want to dance and swirl around but the only dance partner in the house is my "kitty". I need someone a little taller for a dance partner.

KITTY
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Yes JC that is a better plan having a witty song instead of the mess and smell. And the witty song will keep the Kitties away from playing in the mud!

KITTY
  • JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,351 Member
    edited August 2023
    Does anyone remember the witty, bitty song “little boxes on the hillside, little boxes made of ticky tacky”....I think we have used most if not all of the common double T words! Finally, this song came to mind after kitty! Now I will be humming it all day! I hope you sing it with me! :D

TICKY
  • Healthyme7410
    I had forgotten this song but now remember it now that I googled it. It is true we are put in identity boxes by the world and they think we all look the same. I'm did not know what ticky-tacky was but but google helped with this too. Ticky-tacky means 'inferior material". I am going to use it as my next word.

TACKY
  • JC_Willow
    Linda, thanks for sharing the ticky-tacky definition with us as "inferior material”. Very clever to use tacky for your next word! :) The definition reminded me of some discussions I have heard through the years regarding the materials used for the school track & field and how certain materials can affect performance.

TRACK
  • Healthyme7410
    Yes Judith, the materials used for track and field can affect performance. My son had a huge "truck" when he was in highschool that was so heavy it made grooves in our pavement ouside the house. I think the material in the roadway was not very strong that they used.

TRUCK
  • 316Judith
    Yes and I will look in my Trunk for more ideas,

TRUNK
  • JC_Willow
    Your son had a very heavy truck indeed to make grooves in pavement! I have an old trunk that I emptied over the weekend...it smells like burnt marshmallow! :D

BURNT
  • Healthyme7410
    I do not know how I would feel to have an old trunk that smells like burnt marshmallows. Is that a smell you like? When anything "burns" I have a tendency to dislike the smell unless if it is a floral smelling candle.

BURNS As a sideline, Burns was my maden name and I wanted to get rid of it because people teased me about it a lot. They would say things like "do you cousins called first degree burns, or second degree burns"? It was expecially bad when a new girl started at our school with the last name Sparks who became my friend. Sparks cause Burns, etc.
  • 316Judith
    Oh my that would cause quite a stir two school girls Sparks and Burns, wonder what adventure you girls went on each semester when you began a new school year! I am sure you felt a “Burn” coming on! However, that would of causes a turn in the road! So let’s see what Turns next?

TURNS
  • JC_Willow
    The childhood burns from taunting can last a lifetime. I am glad to know you had a special friend named Sparks...and isn’t it interesting that we all met each other as part of a Spark Team! As the world turns, so do our lives. A compassionate nurse understands the pain caused from bullying. We send the young girl inside you warm hugs and pray blessings into your life.

NURSE
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    Purse
  • Healthyme7410
    Thank-you all for your kind comments. I was a shy and quiet girl who easily blushed and they thought it was funny. It did not happen a lot but I feel your hugs! The burns caused by the name calling is only a distant memory now. I think it helped me as a nurse to be more careful with the word I used as I worked with my patients. It I can remember language arts, maybe I could "parse" out the sentences they used against me.

PARSE
  • 316Judith
    Yes bullying is so destructive, and getting away from the Surname Burns, I remember as a Nurse seeing many patience in such agony from being in a fire and having more than 50% of their bodies burned. I wasn’t Nursing at the time but was on holiday at a Christian Music and Teaching seminar. I took my both kids very young, we all loved camping and my husband loved it too, we had a huge tent and took it that weekend. I had gone to the Nurse Station to get some Tylenol as I forgot mine and needed to get rid of a headache, while there our cook was brought in with burns to half of his body, in all my years as a nurse that experience was the worst I had ever experienced. We treated the burns until the ambulance came, never have forgotten it.

I wonder if we can get a Spare Trailer and have a weekend away to rest up and see where our World will turn next!

SPARE
  • JC_Willow
    Once you parse out the bully remarks inflicted upon you, I think you will find the scars have made you stronger and that you have abilities unique to yourself to help other people...beauty for ashes.

The story of your Chef saddens my heart...that headache of yours had a purpose...you were able to help someone with first-aid and comfort and prayers. We can be on the look out for a spare trailer and go back to the aspen grove to rest in God’s creation.

ASPEN
  • Healthyme7410
    Judith - the story of the cook is so sad. I am glad you were there to help out. I worked in a unit that had two rooms specifically for burn patients. The treatment the doctor did was very painful and the solution we put on the dressings after the treatments would stain our white uniforms gray. A spare trailer to go back to the aspen grove would be nice. The shade will keep us cooler. Resting under the trees sounds excellent. Are any of you a "naper" (yes this is a word it is one who takes a nap)?

NAPER
  • 316Judith
    Thank you Linda, my Nursing was mainly in Rehab and Paediatrics but that camping trip was my first experience of treating a Burn patient!

I agree think we all need to find the spare trailer and go to the aspen grove and rest, yes even Nap, and yes I am a naper 💤😴

And as we find our way to the aspen grove let’s stop at the country store and pick up a Paper to read all about their news!

PAPER
  • JC_Willow
    I love power naps, so yes, I am a naper. :)

Good idea to get a paper for local news. There is a summer opera house nearby with famous performers. Maybe the paper will have a schedule.

OPERA
  • Healthyme7410
    An opera would be fine to go to but I also am a bit of a country girl too. Do they have any horse shows in the paper? I would like to watch them use their "ropes" as they lasso animals.

ROPES
  • 316Judith
    As a matter of fact they have horse shows and they have the Musical Ride put on by the
    Royal Canadian Mounted Police Academy! It’s a very popular ride, you all would love it! The Horse ride is spectacular.

HORSE