Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    I looked up Larch tree and discovered it was a type of conifer tree. We have a town in Colorado called Conifer. Interesting to learn something new. The crows do like the lardh trees. They have sturdy branches to "perch" on as they watch for "Perch" fish in the lake.

PERCH
  • JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,350 Member
    Hmm..is Merch an Aussie word for food, Susan?
    Yes, Linda the Larch is a conifer, and how interesting about the town name in Colorado! Larch trees in New England are also called Tamarack trees. The Tamarack Tree is a song title by Rod McKuen. While the crows fish for perch in the lake, I would like to watch them from a comfy rocker on the porch while listening to some of his music. (I’m showing my age!)

PORCH
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Berries sound so yummy and stains on your waist line show what a hard worker you are, you work hard picking the berries so there are no Waste berries. I look forward to visiting your home one day for Fresh Berry Pies! Yummy 😋 so it’s good to know there are no WASTE Linda in your Orchids!
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,447 Member
    While perched on a porch you wouldn't want to get parched for lack of lemonafe!

Parch
  • Healthyme7410
    If you are parched we should "March" back to the cabin and all get a cold drink.
  • JC_Willow
    Lemonade for parch throat reminds me that on the 4th of July we have a parade of beach loving seniors who march with a lawn chair. They have a funny routine they do with the chair to the beat of a kazoo band.

CHAIR
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    hairs
  • Healthyme7410
    Do they have faces and "hares" hairs on their chairs? That sounds like fun to watch. Fun only to watch the people but to see the hairs of the hares waving in the breeze.

HARES
  • 316Judith
    Guess you didn’t see my word I typed, picked it up from Linda but think JC and Linda posted at same time which over rides my story line… not too worry so your story line was left with HARES

Linda wrote: Do they have faces and "hares" hairs on their chairs? That sounds like fun to watch. Fun only to watch the people but to see the hairs of the hares waving in the breeze.

HARES

Yup guess it would be fun to watch, however the HARES having ther HAIRS waving in breeze might get them angry at the people, so I would HATES to see the Hares getting angry, not a pretty site to see!

HATES
  • LosinSusin
    Lol Judith! I would hates to see angry hares with hairs waving in the breeze too! I would look fot the nearest gates to escape them.

GATES
  • Healthyme7410
    Judith I am so sorry we neglected to use your word. It is hard not to overlap when we are in different time zones and we post at different times. Maybe we should set up times and "dates" that we will be using the app so we will not conflict with each other. LOL (I know that is impossible but I needed to use my word. I love to hear from all of you even if you overlap me.)

DATES
  • 316Judith
    edited September 2023
    No Worries Linda, love your word Dates and Susan escaping the Hares thru the Gates was good, make me chuckle… 🤭 so now that you have the Dates we are all set! Hehe…

So let’s not be known as LATES for the gathering to watch these angry Hares with their flying Hairs!

LATES
  • LosinSusin
    As long as we all stay MATES (Aussie word for good friends) throughout the games, it won't matter if anyone has an attack of the LATES!

MATES
  • JC_Willow
    edited September 2023
    Dates that are yummy to eat (for some people) remind me that Lates are a carnivorous fish so the idea of being good mates is important! Supporting one another in friendship is not only kind but smart for our collective good. <3

SMART
  • Healthyme7410
    We are all smart mates supporting each other. I am so glad we are able to "start" our gathering informally and not be concerned if someone has the lates. Just please do not bring a lates fish with you!!

START
  • 316Judith
    Indeed we are such good mates. Best of mates. And yes it won’t matter about being late as we are good buddies and won’t mind waiting. No worries Zlinda I won’t bring any LATES Fish with me, nope snd no worries! 😆

Yes we can start any of our gathering informally! So while we wait for anyone who was delayed let’s bring some TARTS to munch on!

TARTS
  • LosinSusin
    Are they our plum tarts, Judith? I love that I can eat them virtually if not in real life! Glad you won't bring any Lates Fish with you. But my husband carts off undesired fish for me!

CARTS
  • Healthyme7410
    I hope Colin carts off the fish in the daylight. In the night, he would be just a "stark" shadow that would look very scary carrying off the offending fish.

STARK
  • JC_Willow
    There are 4 new Story words since my last post of SMART. I will START with Linda and promise no fish! Thankfully, Judith makes everyone's mouth water with her suggestion of yummy TARTS! Susan, since we have no undesirable fish it’s okay for your husband to leave the CARTS at home or join us and bring your adorable pups! The STARK, dreary night as Linda noted will become cheery and even the TRASH collectors will smile.

TRASH

• LosinSusin
    Yes, tbe moonlight would make any activity look STARK even taking out the TRASH. Anyone would seem BRASH out there in the moonlight making noise with the trash, which might offend our neighbours.

BRASH