Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Replies

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Great idea JC, Roses have such a nice scent, will take away from the Gross taste of the Grogs.the neighbours will love the Roses. We could set up a Line of Ropes to hang the Roses on with White Mini Lights in between to decorate our Front Yard to make it Pleasant for our Neighbours!

ROPES
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    Roses are so beautiful expecially the old fashioned ones that have the beautiful smell. The sun "rises" every day to give the plants all that they need to keep blooming so we can share with all our neighbors.

RISES
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,447 Member
    Oooh, I love roses and detest grogs too. What a lively group of friends we are! I'll get out my HOSES to water the roses for us all.

HOSES
  • JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,350 Member
    Judith, I love your idea of ropes of white lights with roses hanging from them! Yes, the old fashioned roses smell so good, Linda! As the sun rises, the early morning walkers will have a beautiful sight waiting for them. Susan, I am so glad you have some hoses because mine have holes in them! :#

HOLES
  • LosinSusin
    If you put your hoses on POLES they can sometimes get holes in them, JC.

POLES
  • Healthyme7410
    Hoses with holes caused by poles are not good for much. Rather than having a nice flow of water, there will be "pools" of water where it is running out of multiple places in the hoses.

POOLS
  • 316Judith
    You are so right Linda, last thing we need is pools of water everywhere. So let’s gather LOOPS of Rope to string across the yard and put pretty lights on the rope and Loop our pretty roses on the Ropes to make Roses and String Lights across our yard. What a pretty sight!

LOOPS
  • JC_Willow
    Since the poles damaged the hoses and the ground is covered with pools of water maybe we should just wait for rain. The loops of roses with lights will look pretty at night, twinkling like hundreds of opals in the darkness.

OPALS
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    Moses
  • Healthyme7410
    edited October 2023
    Opals are so pretty! I was told I could not wear opals because it was not my birthstone - I would have bad luck if I wore them. Of course I donot believe in luck but for some reason that really stuck in my head as a child so I donot have any desire to wear one now. I wish there were some type of mind "soaps" I could use to get rid of things like that out of my memories.

SOAPS
  • LosinSusin
    Mind soaps! What a great idea! Reading the Bible often helps with that, especially the story of Moses and all the wrong thinking pointed out there! My mind snaps with all this thinking!

SNAPS
  • Healthyme7410
    It is true that the Bible does have some great wisdom for us to read. This wisdom "spans" all ages, all problems, all sins, all joys/sorrows, and the greatest story every told of unlimited redemption for us all.

SPANS
  • JC_Willow
    Mind soaps sound like a best seller for our little store!! Snaps remind me of the cereal Snap, Crackle & Pop! Spans remind me of a picture I saw recently of aspen trees with Fall colors that snap, crackle & pop!!

ASPEN
  • LosinSusin
    I might SPEND some time under those Aspen trees, JC. They sound wonderful.

SPEND
  • 316Judith
    All I can say is Brilliant for all the Words and Rhymes and Ditty’s you came up with JC; Snap Crackle and Pop, that was a cereal my Stan wanted to eat as a child but the sugar content was something else. 😳 I would love to join you JC and Spend some time under the Aspen Trees. Good Plan! But with all that time I think we’d all be “SPENT”

“SPENT”
  • Healthyme7410
    The Aspen trees sound lovely. I like the sound the leaves make as they rustle in the wind. Sitting with the breeze and the canopy of the leaves is much better then sitting under the shade of "tents". They may shade us but then block the wonderful breeze.
    TENTS
  • LosinSusin
    Tents to keep the water out much better than leaves do But I agree with you. On a fine day, there is nothing better than sitting under at the shade of a tree. All the cents in the world could not pay for that feeling.

CENTS
  • Healthyme7410
    That is a lot of money Susan! Another good thing about sitting under a tree in the spring is to be able to smell the "scent" of the blossoms.

SCENT
  • JC_Willow
    Judith wisely mentioned we would all be spent after that much time under the trees. Tents nowadays cost more than a few cents. The scent of blossoms present a nice picture in my mind especially combined with the smell of a fresh baked scone from the market table! B)

SCONE
  • LosinSusin
    edited October 2023
    A SCONE used to be a favourite treat of mine. I have not found a good gluten free recipe for them yet as a substitute. My scones either turn out like a STONE or they crumble!!

STONE