Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Replies

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    edited October 2023
    Indeed Susan, we sure don’t want to offend our neighbours. And with the Moonlight it would cast a shadow on the people taking out the trash; however with shadows of people in front of the houses they would look BRASH and it could cause a CRASH if someone got startled driving down the street!

CRASH
  • JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,350 Member
    Hearing Brash sounds in the wee morning hours followed by a loud Crash with mysterious shadows and then another Crash with a slip of the foot is very Scary! :o

SCARY
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    Having heard brash sounds and crashes, it might cause scary "scars" on someone's memories. I am glad this is not really happening to someone and it is just our mental adventures.

SCARS
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,447 Member
    Yes, we have taken a turn into scariness with SCARS, CrRASHes and so on. Maybevwe should take a night mo.entsbto look at the beauty above us, the STARS.

STARS
  • 316Judith
    Yes Susan I’d rather look above to the STARS.
    Much better and while we are at it we can look at the STARK contrast of the STARS and the Moon- Light from above!

STARK
  • JC_Willow
    edited October 2023
    I’ve always heard that Scars make us stronger. That they are a sign of something conquered, a badge of strength. That said, I would much rather avoid them and get my strength from gazing at the Stars…how long would it take to fall asleep if we counted stars instead of sheep? Light from above is indeed a Stark contrast from those scary thoughts we were having…but enough celestial thoughts, time to rake the STRAW!

STRAW
  • Healthyme7410
    We had a downpour earlier so I'm afraid with all that "water" I don't know if it is a good idea to rake straw. Maybe you did not get any rain at your house.

WATER
  • 316Judith
    Yes I agree Linda not a good idea to rake straw in the rain. We will need to wait for drier day!

Let’s eat a WAFER while we Wait!

WAFER
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,447 Member
    Is the wafer gluten free? If so I will have one while we wait to rake the straw. I'll WAGER we'll have a long wait!

WAGER
  • JC_Willow
    Correct, Linda! I did not have any rain water yesterday at my house so the straw is dry. You are all invited to a gluten free wafer party. I wager you have plenty of time to get here before the next rain and hope you will be eager to accept my invitation.

EAGER
  • Healthyme7410
    I will accept your invitation because I need the exercise. How big a field is it that we need to rake? Do you live on a little homestead or a big ranch? There is a huge "range" of examples when thinking about straw fields.

RANGE
  • JC_Willow
    Linda, you know a lot about the RANGE of examples involved with straw fields. The field is about 3 acres so you will get plenty of exercise if you want to rake it by hand but the farmer who usually rakes the straw will let us ride with him on the huge tractor! He plays ORGAN music inside the cab! Any requests?! :D

ORGAN
  • Healthyme7410
    I did not realized that we would have entertainment in the tractor! Does he play the music and drive at the same time or have it on his radio? I have listened to lots of organ music but I have "grown" fond of Classical music.

GROWN
  • JC_Willow
    He sings to background music! My ears have grown accustomed to his voice but my dog tends to GROWL when he gets too close! :D

GROWL
  • 316Judith
    All I can say is Hehe as my Kitty would probably join your dog with the Growl and add in some hisses! 😆 however that would make us all have a “GROWN” GROWL

GROWN

• Healthyme7410
    I hope the dog and kitty growl in the same key as the farmer is singing. That might make a nice harmony - something that "grows" on us.
  • JC_Willow
    A nice harmony between all three would be pleasing to the ears. I have grown use to them and it is all music to my ears now so I hope it grows on you too! If we work til evening the FROGS might join the chorus!

FROGS
  • Healthyme7410
    I'm not sure how the neighbors would like the singing of the farmer, dogs, cats and not frogs. They might need to drink a few "grogs" to get the sound out of their minds. (I do not endorse drinking grogs for any reason, it just fit the letters I needed.)

GROGS
  • 316Judith
    Hahaha 🤣 too funny Linda on your GROGS I agree as I wouldn’t endorse it either!

Anyway that drink as much as I am concerned is GROSS

GROSS
  • JC_Willow
    If the grogs taste gross, I will go outside and pick some roses to give the neighbors something more pleasant...and some for all of you for being such fun friends!

ROSES