Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    A stone scone oh no!! Good gluten free recipies are hard to find. I think it is especially important to get fresh eggs from the "nests" in a hen house. My neighbor woud be glad to help you out with fresh eggs.

NESTS
  • JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,350 Member
    I can think of a few outdoor critters who will be happy to accept your stone scone! Fresh eggs from the nests taste better than store bought eggs! We were taught that it makes sense to wash the bacteria off the shell before using them.

SENSE
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,447 Member
    Thank you for the offernig fresh eggs from the nests to make my scones less like stones. I can always offer the stone scones to the critters for sure! That sure makes sense. Now I feel less tense!

TENSE
  • Healthyme7410
    I am so glad you feel less tense with your less "dense" stone scones.

DENSE
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Aww I feel for you Susan, with hearing about your dilemma on gluten free scones, I am going to try and find a good recipe for scones that are gluten free. The last thing we want is stone hard scones.
    So let’s put our NOSES to the test and find a good recipe for gluten free scones!

NOSES
  • Healthyme7410
    Gluten free recipies are hard to find that taste like the real thing. Putting our noses to the test "poses" a big challenge for all of us.

POSES
  • 316Judith
    You are so right Linda, putting our Noses to the test would pose a big Challenge! Thinking of Challenges, poses a big challenge using our noses but I love using my Nose to Smell the lovely Fragrant Roses!

ROSES
  • LosinSusin
    Hey, roses are gluten free and edible! Lol! I am used to finding RUSES to adapt recipes so will get right on that.

RUSES

• JC_Willow
    Like Susan, we all felt less tense when thanks to Judith’s idea we put our noses to the test and smelled the perfect g/f scone! It was much less dense as Linda quickly noted. Everyone struck various poses for the photographer while holding a scone. The roses added a delightful aroma from the nearby garden and Susan’s clever ruses helped us have a super day!

SUPER
  • Healthyme7410
    It was a glorious day and I am so glad we have pictures to remember it! Did you notice in the background of the picture that there was a man with "spurs" on his cowboy boots? They were shiny silver and made noise as he walked.

SPURS
  • LosinSusin
    No SLURS on spurs here! Their jingling noise would be pleasant to the ear!

SLURS
  • 316Judith
    Yes it would be nice to hear Susan. So while we have Slurs on Spurs we can Slurp some Iced Tea while listening to the Jingling of the Music.

SLURP
  • Healthyme7410
    The spurs sound like a tamburine to me when he walks but more of a jingle. Does anyone have any bells in their "purse" to accompany the jingle of the spurs?

PURSE
  • LosinSusin
    My purse used to be a mystery grab bag till I changed to a much smaller one, so I don't believe I have any bells in there! With Christmas decorations already out in the stores, maybe I could get some soon. Now the only way I can think of to change PURSE is to call for a NURSE. Does anyone need a Nurse??

NURSE
  • 316Judith
    Too cute but funny Susan, actually I see the Nurse every 2 weeks when I get ushered into the treatment room to see my surgeon. No too exciting, I’d rather have a change in a Purse, no offence as both Linda and I are a Nurse, kinda of funny looking at it now. Any way, all I can think of having to many Purse Changes could be a curse!

CURSE
  • JC_Willow
    Pretty sure none of us would ever curse a nurse trying to sell a purse so I will share some private info: the scrub nurse on the 4th floor has a pretty one for sale! :)

SCRUB
  • Healthyme7410
    Oh that is wonderful that the scrub nurse has a purse to sell. I may need to go see her later today. Do you know the name of this scrub nurse? Maybe it is "burns" like my maiden name and we are relatives.

BURNS
  • LosinSusin
    A scrub nurse named Burns with a purse for sale? Let us know if she is a relative, Linda! Lol about you and Judith being nurses and us not needing to send for one. This story takes many funny TURNS!

TURNS
  • JC_Willow
    It burns me when I don’t have all the information...like the name of the scrub nurse! If you want to continue this story with the funny turns, you can add me to the nurse list but I am pretty rusty!

RUSTY
  • Healthyme7410
    Although I still have a valid license, I would need a refresher course to get back into working as a nurse becaue I am also rusty. My lovely white cap with the burgundy stripe (yes I know most schools gave black stripes) is pretty "dusty".

DUSTY