Seriously September!

Options
123457»

Replies

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,813 Member
    Options
    So, today's the daythreadmill.gif...having coffee and then shower and a bit of a clean up and then off to Kohl's to return an Amazon miss!

I did a decent job yesterday...still looking for that elusive dessert that won't break the bank. This came up on my YOUTUBE feed...no oil apples sauce cake by Chocolate Covered Katie...looks promising: https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/applesauce-cake-recipe/

Today's Menu:

coffee
    juice
    Just Egg with spinach and onions (out of mushrooms)
    juice
    MORE SALAD
    Nice Cream for dessert

Arrival window today for delivery is 1:30 - 3:30...time to install, one hour. Knees feel good today...they don't last but as long as they feel ok OUT OF BED, it means I can walk for a bit on my very new, well-deserved TM.

HAGDE! coffeebath.gif
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Yay for treadmill day! Well-deserved indeed!

I am still paying for my mistake over the weekend of over-doing the hills on the TM. I get right into it and feel great about it, but then my knee starts acting up after the fact. I went for just regular walks with the doggos and level TM walks without jogs the past few days but knees are still complaining.

Doctor's appt this Friday. I had labs done and she wants to see me about the results. No idea why, so trying not to worry.

Mihani, have you read the Michael Connelly Harry Bosch series? I just finished the first book and enjoyed it. Well written and I liked how the protagonist investigated the case.

Table runner is off of the loom, now I need to hem it and wash it. Getting it finished is always the hardest part for me! those hems!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Thinking only good thoughts for you, Carla, regarding your doctor's appointment. doggyhug1.gif

Hope your knees get to feeling better soon. I am pretty sure I posted about HURT SKURT here...but just in case you missed it: https://hurtskurt.com/pages/shop-cold-compression-therapy-ankle-knee-wrap?gclid=CjwKCAjwndCKBhAkEiwAgSDKQTR4ZR2eSDNXBMWsiEDeoTO-7zAlbJf7p_O5lTqC2Vgoa3C8-z-aoBoCyZYQAvD_BwE&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=adwords&utm_source=

I'm fixing to put them on as I steam mop the floor and clean the kitchen. They definitely help.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Carla …Can you go into your portal and see what your lab test results are? I know I can do that and it’s kind of good for the history of how you’re doing anyway it was an idea for you
  • magic71755
    edited September 2021
    Options
    10 minutes on my new treadmill with a six incline. Definitely shouldn’t walk on a flat surface that’s what I read …you need a bit of an incline… but six might be a little too much for me I’m not sure. I felt pretty comfortable. It’s pretty big and it’s kind of scaring Lulu, actually, so I don’t think she will be getting on it at any time soon… she’s got to get used to it. Oh and. 1.5 mph. Pretty slow.

Very happy.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    How's the treadmill, Nance? Did it get delivered safely? Have you gone for your first walk? Thanks for the tip about the portal...I assumed they wouldn't upload them until after my appointment, but they were all there. Most things look good and at least now I have an idea of why she wants me to come in. I'll keep you guys posted.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    oh, and I made myself hem the table runner, washed and pressed
    epd4bp3moxl6.jpg

• magic71755
    Options
    Gorgeous! That is soooooooooooo beautiful...wow, girl, you've got talent!

TM workout above your post...love it...walked a total of 12 minutes. It's so big. Wasn't that big in the show room. LOL Happy I went ahead and made the TM part of my living room. It's what's going to keep me in the game, so to speak. LULU is not happy with it...yet.
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    Hi all, busy day and got home late. Stopped after work at an 80th birthday party for a dear client of ours. She's a force of nature and I wish I was as spry now as she is at 80!

I am so glad you got your treadmill and already jumped on there Nance!

Carla, hope all is well with the doc. Try not to worry too much. That table runner is beautiful!

B - oats with berries, cinnamon, chia/flax
    L - Dr. McDougall soup, clementines
    D - salad, watermelon

• magic71755
    Options
    Hello my sweet peas! Hoping headaches, backaches and worries are all but a thing of the past.

I must add one thing about me going vegan...4/4/19...prior to that time, I used to get headaches ...just out of the blue...and I would not put up with it for one minute (you know, part of the the EXCEDRIN HEADACHE #82 GENERATION)...take a pill and end the suffering.

I would buy the giant size gel tabs at Costco...and USE THEM...a lot!

Since my vegan start date back in 2019, NOT ONE HEADACHE...and further more, no ADVIL IN MY HOUSE! I think it has to do with the dairy. Could be a variety of things...but for me, my money is on the dairy.

Anyway, thought I would share.

Today...

coffee
    thinking avocado toast on rye bread with tomato
    one juice
    salad
    spaghetti with mushrooms, onions and spinach...Classico sweet basil sauce.
    HOMEMADE VEGAN YOGURT...thickened. I used a strainer and all the liquid came out...so it is much thicker than NOT USING A STRAINER. LOL You end up with less product, but duh! LOL

Will sweeten with strawberry jam.

Oh yes, I bought the strainer on Amazon, naturally. Here's the link...out of stock now...but you'll get the idea.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088Z32B31/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Once yogurt is made and cooled in the fridge for several hours, dump into this thing and after 8 hours, you have a thicker yogurt. Is it worth it...I guess. I did not mind the thinner type...but this thicker version will work for different recipes probably...where you need a thick dollop of something.

Ok, dolls...I am going to head over to Walmart and get some Dr. Scholl's inserts to see if that helps take the pressure off my feet and knees when walking on my TM.

I love it...it's huge and for lots of people this monster in one's living room would not work...but you know what...I plan on being around for a long time...and we are talking quality of life here...so for me...IT'S PERFECT!
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    I think the living room is a great place for your TM, Nance! You will get a ton of good use out of it and that is the most convenient spot. I've done the straining thing before when I wanted a sour cream or greek yogurt consistency. It works well, just adds more mess and a step so I don't bother unless I have a reason to. I just got some Dr. Scholl's inserts! Funny thing is that I got them to make my boots fit better/less loose for walking outside but now I'm going to use them in my runners on the TM too. thanks!

Thinking about the hurt skurt. Seems like a good idea to have on hand. Mostly I have issues with something getting 'clicky' in there and getting out of alignment but I think reducing any swelling would be good for it.

Mihani, glad everyone seems to be showing up for work this past week. Hopefully that continues! I still have Dr McDougal soups from, oh gosh, how many years ago now? I should see when they expired (when, not if LOL).

today:
    smoothie
    tu-no with greens
    fajita bowl
    NO freaking nut/date snack!!!! I order an embarrassing amount of cashews from Amazon.
  • magic71755
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Just a quick note..

HIt Walmart early...got these:

Dr. Scholl's Orthotics for Arthritis Pain Women /sizes 6 - 10
    HORRIBLE...THREW EM OUT. Felt like I was falling forward.

Went back to WM...

Bought two kinds:

Dr. Scholl's Work Massaging Gel Advanced Insoles Women's Sizes 6 - 10 STILL IN PACKAGE

WEARING AND LOVE:

BRAND: Airplus
    Memory Comfort Insoles Super Soft
    Women's 5 - 11 (cut to size)...

I wear a 7 1/2 extra wide...I cut it to size 8.

Really like these. Kept my Skechers in tact...did not take anything out...just added the Airplus.

About ready to get on TM with these...I am hoping for a great review after the fact.

Ok, that's it. Just wanted to share.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Having the worst time getting on from phone and ipad...weird.

Just came into office to see if I could get on, on computer. YEP. LOL

Ok, then...back to a messy kitchen. As usual!
  • Mihani
    Options
    So glad to hear you are so happy with your treadmill, Nance! Everyone said I should put my workout equipment in my basement but I hate the basement so I turned a bedroom into my workout room with the treadmill, exercise bike, weight bench. Big windows for natural light and a TV. It gets a lot more use that way. Do what works!

Carla, I feel lazy using the Dr. McDougall soups, but I actually love the hot and sour and always have some on hand. I buy them from his right foods website much cheaper. But after you mentioned miso "soup" I was thinking how easy and cheap it would be to throw together a cup of hot water with miso, spinach or other greens and maybe small amount of cooked pasta or rice. I might come up with my own hot and sour too. I thought that hurt skurt looked really cool. I am thinking about getting one myself.

B - ezekiel toast with almond butter
    L - Dr. McD soup, yogurt
    D - big ol' salad!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Ok, guess who loves the treadmill...YESSIREEE BOB! Little Miss Lulu!

She's walked with me twice. She tends to stay behind me (I have her on her lead)...so I am really paying more attention to her than anything. I would like her next to me, on my left, like we walk outside. Maybe, in time.

I was shocked when I put her on there and she stayed. Just let her get used to it. She sniffed around and decided it wasn't a monster.

Anyway, hoping to see her improve as time goes by. I am just thrilled that she even gave it a go.

For me, 15 minutes today... 1.5 mph. 5 of that was with Lulu at 1 mph.
    dog.gif

Thanks you guys...as usual, you are so darn supportive.

And yeah, Mihani...no one wants to go down to the "dungeon" so to speak to work out...it's like a punishment. Good job making your spare room a mini gym! hi5.gif

Carla, hope my review of shoe inserts helps you a bit.

• magic71755
    Options
    Well, crap! I had October all set up and previewed it...then hit the wrong key and lost the whole darn thing. Used so many of my smileys, too.

If you all want to wait till tonight, I will do it again...but now, I am out of time.

Have a great October 1st.
  • Mihani
    Options
    I will wait for you to start October, Nance! And thank you. That's so cool Lulubelle is grooving on the treadmill.

I have had a long day, long week actually. So much work to do this weekend.

B - ezekiel toast with almond butter
    L - Dr. McDougall soup and a couple wasa crackers
    D - big ol' salad

I have lots of greens to cook tomorrow with mushrooms and onions, and my salad prepping friend is back on duty which I picked up tonight. This past week without her was not ideal. Looking forward to a good week coming up!

• magic71755
    Options
    Girls…I’m wiped out. I’ll set up October in the morning as I have my coffee!

Sleep well my sweet peas!