TEAM: The Slimsons (October)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO OCTOBER'S CHALLENGE
    TEAM SLIMSONS
    Are you excited? I know I am!! Can't wait to see everyone's posts and accomplishments!

dbdejjckxssc.png

MY INTRO

My name is Gloria, 42 yrs old, been on this weight-loss journey since 2004. It's been a long uphill battle but I refuse to give up until I meet my long-time goal of 200lbs.

Over the past few years, I've been diagnosed with asthma which has overlapped into COPD ergo the oxygen continuously, gastroenteritis, hiatal hernia, acid reflux, pulmonary hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, chronic pain in the back and knees.

I am currently under the care of a Bariatric doctor (non-surgical) @Atrium Health Weight Loss Center who has been monitoring my eating habits using the myfitnesspal app. Over the past two years, she has shown me what I was doing wrong, by pointing out key factors to guide me on this new journey for a better healthier me. At first, it was making sure I get the accurate amount of protein and now since I have recently changed to Whole Food Plant Base Lifestyle it's making sure my Fat percentage is very low since my Carb percentage is high.  Under her guidance I finally see the scale going down consistently (as long as I follow those guidelines). It's great to have a doctor that is not interested in surgery but what is best for the patient.

***Succeeded losing 61.2lbs and 35inches (since I started measuring) overall so far for YAY!👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽💪🏾💪🏾🎉🎉🎉🎉***

October GOALS:
    1. Lose at 2-3lbs every week
    2. Weigh on Thursdays
    3. Meal prep weekly
    4. Exercise at least 5x a week minimum of 20 minutes
    5. Track and journal my experience to see where improvements can be made
    6. Intermittent fasting 16:8 from 7 pm-11 am
    7.  Walk outside at least 3x a week for 10mins 2x a day

**My 2nd small milestone is to lose 49lbs by my birthday 12/31/21 so I will reach my first goal of 100lbs.

Looking forward to reading everyone's post and knowing we will have a successful month. We're in this together 💪🏾❤

• vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    TEAM SLIMSONS
    Are you excited? I know I am!! Can't wait to see everyone's posts and accomplishments!

dbdejjckxssc.png

MY INTRO

My name is Gloria, 42 yrs old, been on this weight-loss journey since 2004. It's been a long uphill battle but I refuse to give up until I meet my long-time goal of 200lbs.

Over the past few years, I've been diagnosed with asthma which has overlapped into COPD ergo the oxygen continuously, gastroenteritis, hiatal hernia, acid reflux, pulmonary hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, chronic pain in the back and knees.

I am currently under the care of a Bariatric doctor (non-surgical) @Atrium Health Weight Loss Center who has been monitoring my eating habits using the myfitnesspal app. Over the past two years, she has shown me what I was doing wrong, by pointing out key factors to guide me on this new journey for a better healthier me. At first, it was making sure I get the accurate amount of protein and now since I have recently changed to Whole Food Plant Base Lifestyle it's making sure my Fat percentage is very low since my Carb percentage is high.  Under her guidance I finally see the scale going down consistently (as long as I follow those guidelines). It's great to have a doctor that is not interested in surgery but what is best for the patient.

***Succeeded losing 61.2lbs and 35inches (since I started measuring) overall so far for YAY!👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽💪🏾💪🏾🎉🎉🎉🎉***

October GOALS:
    2. Weigh on Thursdays
    3. Meal prep weekly

**My 2nd small milestone is to lose 49lbs by my birthday 12/31/21 so I will reach my first goal of 100lbs.

Looking forward to reading everyone's post and knowing we will have a successful month. We're in this together 💪🏾❤

You are such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story and goals with us.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Hi I’m Vicky. I’m a 46 (almost 47) year old mother of 2 boys (19 and 17). My husband and I have been together for almost 30 years married for 22. It’s hasn’t always been easy and I’ve struggled a lot especially in these last 2 years. Had a lot of loss and it’s been difficult. My relationship has been rocky but with some much needed communication and with me making some much needed time for me, I finally feel like there is hope. This group has let me stick around through it all and for each one of you I am super thankful.
    Goals for oct
    workout consistently 4x week for 45 min.
    Eat more fruits and vegetables.

• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    SW: 245
    CW: 203
    GW for Oct: 195
    UGW: 145 is my BMI healthy weight, but I think 165 is more realistic.
    My weigh in day's are Tuesday's
    10/1: 203
    10/5:
    10/12:
    10/19:
    10/26:

October challenges:
    🎃 Keep moving as much as possible.
    🎃 Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day.
    🎃 Eat under 1200 calorie limit per day.
    🎃 Create more meal plans.
    🎃 Declutter at least one room.
    🎃 Teach our new 8 month old kitty his name: Mr Snicket
    🎃 Get a Covid Booster shot.
    🎃 Find at least 2 Gifts for my husband for our Anniversary in December (32 years)
    🎃 Get an eye exam and new glasses. (I do this once a year)

I have a long laundry list of health issues. My main issue is Rheumatoid Arthritis (the autoimmune version) which impacts my mobility. It's not really arthritis. It attacks all the connective tissues in my body thinking they are foreign invaders. My immune system is out of control and I take immune suppressive medication which is why I need a Covid Booster shot this month.

I will get to my goal weight one day at a time and one pound at a time, I didn't gain all this weight over night. Now that I've been stable on my medications I'm losing the weight. I started counting calories the for the first time in my life 50 day's ago. I'm looking forward to being on this team, and being accountable for the month of October.
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hello,

This is Wendy. I was not sure what happened last month but I was not able to put in my weight...but I aam baaack. I've been a member for a while. Lost weight and gained weight but, now, hopefully on the downward path.

WMEJA
    Weigh in Sunday
    PW: 211
    CW: 210.3
  • AB0215
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges this month: Ultimate Accountability Challenge (Daily Posts).

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

**A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.**

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    AB0215
    Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We'd like to help you be as successful as possible and if we can help in any way, please let us know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

We are committed to this group and to help where we can, and please let us know if we can help in any way!!

Welcome to the October Challenge!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    TEAM SLIMSONS
    dbdejjckxssc.png

MY INTRO

October GOALS:
    2. Weigh on Thursdays
    3. Meal prep weekly

@Welcome back Gloria!
  • AB0215
    edited October 2021
    Options
    WMEJA wrote: »
    Hello,

This is Wendy. I was not sure what happened last month but I was not able to put in my weight...but I aam baaack. I've been a member for a while. Lost weight and gained weight but, now, hopefully on the downward path.

@WMEJA Welcome back Wendy! This month will be better.
  • AB0215
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Hi I’m Vicky. I’m a 46 (almost 47) year old mother of 2 boys (19 and 17). My husband and I have been together for almost 30 years married for 22. It’s hasn’t always been easy and I’ve struggled a lot especially in these last 2 years. Had a lot of loss and it’s been difficult. My relationship has been rocky but with some much needed communication and with me making some much needed time for me, I finally feel like there is hope. This group has let me stick around through it all and for each one of you I am super thankful.
    Goals for oct
    workout consistently 4x week for 45 min.
    Eat more fruits and vegetables.

@vicky2767 Welcome back Vicky!
    jeepkat1 wrote: »
    10/5:
    10/12:
    10/19:
    10/26:
    {spoiler]
    October challenges:
    🎃 Find at least 2 Gifts for my husband for our Anniversary in December (32 years)

I have a long laundry list of health issues. My main issue is Rheumatoid Arthritis (the autoimmune version) which impacts my mobility. It's not really arthritis. It attacks all the connective tissues in my body thinking they are foreign invaders. My immune system is out of control and I take immune suppressive medication which is why I need a Covid Booster shot this month.
    [/spoiler]
    I will get to my goal weight one day at a time and one pound at a time, I didn't gain all this weight over night. Now that I've been stable on my medications I'm losing the weight. I started counting calories the for the first time in my life 50 day's ago. I'm looking forward to being on this team, and being accountable for the month of October.
    @jeepkat1 Welcome to the team! Great goals! I remember when my kitty's were 8 months old! Enjoy the little one!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi! My name is Missy and I used to be take part in this challenge awhile ago but fell off track. Now I’m getting back on track and can’t wait to see what the future may hold! A little about me is that I have 4 flooffy dogs (3 huskies and a bichon), all of whom keep me busy when I’m not at work.

Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments:

HW & CW: 225.6
    GW range: 110-120

October goal: track regularly, and Zumba minimum of once a week.
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday 10-03-2021

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes: House work and a trip out to the market for food and the pharmacy.
    Goals/Day/Comments: Today was a Loaded Baked Potato for lunch. This day tested me the limit of my calories. I want to have cookies with dessert and a mini bag of kettle corn popcorn for a snack. So I skipped the butter and also my yogurt for breakfast and ate a smaller potato so I could fit everything in. It's been a good day. Mr Snicket is just adorable! He wandered into our yard two weeks ago. Somebody dropped him off in our neighborhood so of course we had to adopt him. I took him to the vet last week for a check up and shots. He's going to hate me on Wednesday when I take him to get neutered.
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Deborah

I was here a while back and really enjoyed this challange. I was able to lose a good bit of weight at that time and, then, life happened and I stopped paying attention to what I was eating, it all returned. So, I'm back to focus on this again. It really helps me to have the daily challenges to keep me accountable.

I was able to get out and walk tonight and that felt good. It's been a long time since I've gotten any regular exercise.

Here's my daily entry for today:

Daily Post Sunday

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - walked for 20 minutes

Goal for October: - Get back to tracking everything, Staying under my calorie limit, and get back to walking at least 5,000 steps a day minimum.
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Mr Snicket is just adorable! He wandered into our yard two weeks ago. Somebody dropped him off in our neighborhood so of course we had to adopt him. I took him to the vet last week for a check up and shots. He's going to hate me on Wednesday when I take him to get neutered.

We have one kind of like that. My son fed her when she showed up on our porch crying for food. We looked for her owner (she had a collar, and she was already spayed), but months went by and no one claimed her. In the mean time, she had adopted us. My son named her Spottedleaf, after one of the cats in the Erin Hunter Warrior's books.
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Sunday Oct 3
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: walking 20 minutes
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I shall be brief. My name is Leah, a 27-year-old grad student. I am always the wedding guest, never the bridesmaid nor bride. My weight issues stem partly from PCOS, that I was only diagnosed with in the last year. I am trying to find some sort of healthful balance, but lately, all I feel like doing is sitting in my room and hiding/crying.

CW: 183.8

October Week 1 - Sun, 10/3

Calories: Over
    Exercise: None - 6-hour car ride
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    @DebJB30 Spoddedleaf is a cute name for a cat. Mr. Snicket actually brings our total to 7 rescued cats! I was not looking to adopt another cat since the herd has been getting along and functioning well. But my husband asked for some food to feed the kitten in the yard, then he asked if I wanted to see the kitten. He was so loving, and he has such a big fluffy tail. It was his attitude that earned him a spot in our home. Once he came in he didn't try to go out. We did keep him separate from the other kitties until the vet checked him out. The strangest thing is, the other cats are not trying to kill him. Sure there was some hissing and growling but nothing too scary. And tonight he was on the bed with 2 other cats and they were all getting along. Lol, he has no manners and he does not understand boundaries yet. But he loves cuddles!!
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    @southgirl94 You've already done the hard part by having the desire to make a difference in your life. And your tracking too! Just try to eat a little closer to your calorie goal each day. Take one day at a time, and just focus on that day. It wont happen over night but before you know it, you will gain more confidence. You can do this! Don't forget to stay hydrated and drink lots of water, it helps curb the hunger.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post

Sunday 10/3

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 15 minutes of walking outside
    Water 80oz (very low for me)

Goals/Comments
    It's been trying to get used to walking again but I'm pushing myself.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    jeepkat1 wrote: »
    10/5:
    10/12:
    10/19:
    10/26:

October challenges:

You got this.
    WMEJA wrote: »
    Hello,

WMEJA
    Weigh in Sunday
    PW: 211
    CW: 210.3
    Nice loss

• vicky2767
    Options
    I shall be brief. My name is Leah, a 27-year-old grad student. I am always the wedding guest, never the bridesmaid nor bride. My weight issues stem partly from PCOS, that I was only diagnosed with in the last year. I am trying to find some sort of healthful balance, but lately, all I feel like doing is sitting in my room and hiding/crying.

CW: 183.8

October Week 1 - Sun, 10/3

Calories: Over
    Exercise: None - 6-hour car ride

I have been there my friend. Hang in there. Take one day at a time. Hugs
This discussion has been closed.