• vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Sat 10-9
    Tracked yes
    Calories just under
    Exercise 15 min stretch

My leg has been bothering me. My outer thigh. Just kinda on and off for a few weeks now. So I thought if I did some stretching it might help. Well it helped at first but by the end of the day my whole upper leg was hurting so bad. Slept with a heating pad. Seems a little better today. Will take it day by day and if it doesn’t start to feel better I will go to the dr
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday

Track: Nope
    Calories: Nope
    Exercise: Walking, I didn't pay attention to how much, I could go back and look but I don't think I'll do that so I'm not disappointed by how little it was.

Daily Post Friday

Calories: Doubtful
    Exercise: I walked, again, don't know how much but it couldn't have been a lot since I was more focused on video games.

Daily Post Saturday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 1.2 mile walk, actually went to the park, we're going to ignore the fact that the only reason I did that was to play pokemon go on community day and just take the win.

Comments: TOM came Wednesday and Thursday and Friday I had very little desire to do anything in the food or exercise department, which I realize is okay. I'm going to have days that aren't great for whatever reason. Saturday was good so we're going to take the win and realize that I'm human and we're also going to be happy that I chose to get back on track on a Saturday!
  • AB0215
    Options
    jeepkat1 wrote: »
    Daily Post Saturday
    Calories: Yes, Under
    Exercise: Yes

Comments: Tonight I ate Sugar Free cookies to stay within my Sugar Limit. Still good but not as good at Fig Newtons. The market is out of the Coconut Yogurt I like to eat for dessert. The other flavors are acceptable, I just happen to like the coconut more. I am guessing we have Sugar Limits so we don't just eat Cake and call it a day. Tomorrow I'm eating a loaded baked potato my way.

@jeepkat1The sugar topic is one that I find hard to not comment on. I've done some very extensive research on it. So.....sorry for the long story below but I'm really fascinated by some things, science and research is one of them. I like to know how things work and why they work and as such, my research into diet led me down a path. I know diet is a controversial topic, and I will stick to the science and why rather than the path I ultimately chose after learning these things. There is still more than one way to get to weight loss and fat burning and some work better for some than others, but ultimately, because we're all individuals, we need to figure out what works best for us, sadly, usually by trial and error.
    What I've learned is that in the late 70's and early 80's someone in government had a bright idea and decided that fat was bad and therefore directed people in the food industry to begin removing fat from food. Well as it turns out, that makes food taste terrible. Their solution? Add sugar. Fun fact about sugar: Sugar raises insulin because sugar can't be running around in the blood stream all willy nilly once you have too much of it. Insulin's job is to remove that excess sugar from the blood stream. What insulin inevitably does to sugar is it turns it into fat for storage. Sugar by itself isn't really bad for us. It's a problem when we take in too much.

Sugar is an energy form. The body can use it for energy. However, when you have too much of it, your body turns it to fat for storage. The part of this equation that really isn't great is how you use stored fat. In order to tap into our fat stores, we have to be free of carbs (or sugar) for a significant period of time, usually over 6 hours. This can be overnight, or if you're fasting (intermittent fasting does this too) so that your body goes, "hmm, we haven't taken in food in a while, let's use our reserves." Typically, you're either in fuel storing (eating) or fuel burning (fasting) mode. And everyone does this, because when we go to sleep every day, we are fasting, it's a normal part of life. Also part of human evolution is prolonged fasting, we're meant to be able to do this in times where food may be scarce. Ketosis is name for the process in the human body that is responsible for burning fat. If you want to burn fat, you will be in some form of Ketosis at some point and the truth is, while we realize it or not, that is our goal. We don't want to lose muscle or other things, we want to lose fat. We all think of it was weight loss, but it's not that, we want and need to lose fat.

So to make a really long story short, sugar limits are a good thing. You don't want to store extra fat, you want to lose it.

PS- fun fact, we do actually need dietary fat. It's necessary for hormone production and storage.
    [/spoiler/
  • AB0215
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »

Goal/Comments
    I had a Rough couple of days my nephew died. There was drama behind that because we still don't have any kind of details it was a shootout with the police officers so.. .😥😥oh and then there's an issue with this Biologic Therapy injection that I was supposed to start yesterday for my lungs but they wanted me to pay $12500 (which my insurance was supposed to cover). So yesterday was very bad for me. I wanted to eat soooo bad just wanted to binge eat. But I didn't get the donuts or the cookies that I was craving. I came home ate my fruit salad, cucumber salad, and my farro Stew.

@gjaholy33 I'm sorry to hear about nephew. It's never easy when you lose a loved one, especially when it's unexpected. I lost my mom in April without warning. I know how hard that is.

I'm really happy for you that you managed to come home and eat your fruit salad and not binge. I can't say that I did that.
  • AB0215
    Options
    SalluR wrote: »
    I am doin IF of 16/8 window and under calories. Following low carb diet .Prepare my own meals. Walking flights of stairs really helping my over all body weight loss especially my problem area is my hips they are huge and jiggly :wink: I walk outside for an hour daily but once a week I take break and walk only few minutes. I was into gym but it was very far from my home so doin workout at my place. 4 days in a week doin 300 jump rope. Detox tea and drinks do wonders for me such as senna tea , orange juice (or any citrus fruit available). I take 3 liters of water a day.

We all will reach our goal weight . :smiley: It takes time, needs determination and patience.

@SalluR I also do intermittent fasting, always a 16/8, but sometimes I go longer. I believe it's easier to reach our goals this way, its easier to eat less when we aren't constantly eating but we're also burning fat longer by delaying eating, which is the goal, losing fat!
  • AB0215
    Options
    9tn2ib0kljvh.png
    r76mnedgsrqo.gif

This Week's Winners (posted 6-7 times):

@AB0215.
    @Bemybestby60.
    @Gemwolf110.
    @jeepkat1.

This Week's Runners Up (posted 5 times):

@vicky2767.

This Week's Honorable Mentions:

@SalluR. - 4 times
    @walk4today. - 4 times
    @DebJB30. - 3 times
    @Digger61. - 3 times
    @Gjaholy33. - 3 times
    @southgirl94. - 2 times

Who will make it into the Winner's Circle next week?
    4n363b0ad3bd.gif

Week 1 Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:

1st - @Tdrjustus3. - 2.36%
    2nd - @chublet25. - 1.35%
    3rd - @Gjaholy33. - 1.17%

Congrats again to @tdrjustus3 for taking 2nd overall! Well done!
    bnntgk1idpgl.gif
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    WMEJA
    Sunday weigh in
    Pw: 210.3
    CW: 208
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Robandy12345
    Weight in Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 210.3
    CW: 208.3
    Loss of 2 lbs.

Very tuff end of the week. Had a death in the family plus my Covid job started this week. Hopefully will be on track again
  • SalluR
    SalluR Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Daily check in
    Sat 10-9
    Tracked yes
    Calories just under
    Exercise 15 min stretch

My leg has been bothering me. My outer thigh. Just kinda on and off for a few weeks now. So I thought if I did some stretching it might help. Well it helped at first but by the end of the day my whole upper leg was hurting so bad. Slept with a heating pad. Seems a little better today. Will take it day by day and if it doesn’t start to feel better I will go to the dr

Hope you recover soon and 🏃‍♂️ running on your strong legs.
  • SalluR
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post Saturday

Comments: Tonight I ate Sugar Free cookies to stay within my Sugar Limit. Still good but not as good at Fig Newtons. The market is out of the Coconut Yogurt I like to eat for dessert. The other flavors are acceptable, I just happen to like the coconut more. I am guessing we have Sugar Limits so we don't just eat Cake and call it a day. Tomorrow I'm eating a loaded baked potato my way.

@jeepkat1The sugar topic is one that I find hard to not comment on. I've done some very extensive research on it. So.....sorry for the long story below but I'm really fascinated by some things, science and research is one of them. I like to know how things work and why they work and as such, my research into diet led me down a path. I know diet is a controversial topic, and I will stick to the science and why rather than the path I ultimately chose after learning these things. There is still more than one way to get to weight loss and fat burning and some work better for some than others, but ultimately, because we're all individuals, we need to figure out what works best for us, sadly, usually by trial and error.
    What I've learned is that in the late 70's and early 80's someone in government had a bright idea and decided that fat was bad and therefore directed people in the food industry to begin removing fat from food. Well as it turns out, that makes food taste terrible. Their solution? Add sugar. Fun fact about sugar: Sugar raises insulin because sugar can't be running around in the blood stream all willy nilly once you have too much of it. Insulin's job is to remove that excess sugar from the blood stream. What insulin inevitably does to sugar is it turns it into fat for storage. Sugar by itself isn't really bad for us. It's a problem when we take in too much.

Sugar is an energy form. The body can use it for energy. However, when you have too much of it, your body turns it to fat for storage. The part of this equation that really isn't great is how you use stored fat. In order to tap into our fat stores, we have to be free of carbs (or sugar) for a significant period of time, usually over 6 hours. This can be overnight, or if you're fasting (intermittent fasting does this too) so that your body goes, "hmm, we haven't taken in food in a while, let's use our reserves." Typically, you're either in fuel storing (eating) or fuel burning (fasting) mode. And everyone does this, because when we go to sleep every day, we are fasting, it's a normal part of life. Also part of human evolution is prolonged fasting, we're meant to be able to do this in times where food may be scarce. Ketosis is name for the process in the human body that is responsible for burning fat. If you want to burn fat, you will be in some form of Ketosis at some point and the truth is, while we realize it or not, that is our goal. We don't want to lose muscle or other things, we want to lose fat. We all think of it was weight loss, but it's not that, we want and need to lose fat.

So to make a really long story short, sugar limits are a good thing. You don't want to store extra fat, you want to lose it.

PS- fun fact, we do actually need dietary fat. It's necessary for hormone production and storage.
    [/spoiler/

Nice information.
  • SalluR
    Options
    I am doin IF of 16/8 window and under calories. Following low carb diet .Prepare my own meals. Walking flights of stairs really helping my over all body weight loss especially my problem area is my hips they are huge and jiggly :wink: I walk outside for an hour daily but once a week I take break and walk only few minutes. I was into gym but it was very far from my home so doin workout at my place. 4 days in a week doin 300 jump rope. Detox tea and drinks do wonders for me such as senna tea , orange juice (or any citrus fruit available). I take 3 liters of water a day.

We all will reach our goal weight . :smiley: It takes time, needs determination and patience.

@SalluR I also do intermittent fasting, always a 16/8, but sometimes I go longer. I believe it's easier to reach our goals this way, its easier to eat less when we aren't constantly eating but we're also burning fat longer by delaying eating, which is the goal, losing fat!

Yes same here. I also reach more hours of fasting than 16:8 windows like 20 hours. I did tried OMAD but i wasnt able to focus on my daily activities and was having less energy so back to IF. :smiley:
  • SalluR
    Options
    9tn2ib0kljvh.png
    r76mnedgsrqo.gif

This Week's Winners (posted 6-7 times):

@AB0215.
    @Bemybestby60.
    @Gemwolf110.
    @jeepkat1.

This Week's Runners Up (posted 5 times):

@vicky2767.

This Week's Honorable Mentions:

@SalluR. - 4 times
    @walk4today. - 4 times
    @DebJB30. - 3 times
    @Digger61. - 3 times
    @Gjaholy33. - 3 times
    @southgirl94. - 2 times

Who will make it into the Winner's Circle next week?
    4n363b0ad3bd.gif

Week 1 Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:

1st - @Tdrjustus3. - 2.36%
    2nd - @chublet25. - 1.35%
    3rd - @Gjaholy33. - 1.17%

Congrats again to @tdrjustus3 for taking 2nd overall! Well done!
    bnntgk1idpgl.gif

Congrats to the 🏆 winners !
  • SalluR
    Options
    SalluR
    Daily Post Sunday

Exercise: 60 mins walking and 15 mins flight of stairs.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Goals/Day/Comments: busy day!
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: 30 minutes walking
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday

Comments: I stayed within all of the Macro's today with the exception of sodium. Thank you @AB0215 for the information on sugar, it really helps to understand the "why". I'm hopeful that I will get to onederland in 2 weeks. I'm working towards that everyday.
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    October Week 1 - Sat, 10/9

Calories: Over
    Exercise: 1.9 mi walked around mountain town of Julian, CA - Regardless of where I am, I love mountains. They’re my happy place. ❤️

October Week 2 - Sun, 10/10

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 4,500 steps (~1.7 mi) around La Brea Tar Pits and Hancock Park in L.A.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday

Calories: Nope
    Exercise: Walking, I didn't pay attention to how much, I could go back and look but I don't think I'll do that so I'm not disappointed by how little it was.

Daily Post Friday

Calories: Doubtful
    Exercise: I walked, again, don't know how much but it couldn't have been a lot since I was more focused on video games.

Daily Post Saturday

Exercise: Yes, 1.2 mile walk, actually went to the park, we're going to ignore the fact that the only reason I did that was to play pokemon go on community day and just take the win.

Comments: TOM came Wednesday and Thursday and Friday I had very little desire to do anything in the food or exercise department, which I realize is okay. I'm going to have days that aren't great for whatever reason. Saturday was good so we're going to take the win and realize that I'm human and we're also going to be happy that I chose to get back on track on a Saturday!
    Good for you. Glad you’re starting to feel better
    WMEJA wrote: »
    WMEJA
    Sunday weigh in
    Pw: 210.3
    CW: 208
    Nice loss.
    Robandy12345
    Weight in Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 210.3
    CW: 208.3
    Loss of 2 lbs.

Very tuff end of the week. Had a death in the family plus my Covid job started this week. Hopefully will be on track again
    Sorry for your loss.
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Daily check in
    Sat 10-9
    Tracked yes
    Calories just under
    Exercise 15 min stretch

Hope you recover soon and 🏃‍♂️ running on your strong legs.
    Thank you
    Daily Post Saturday

[/spoiler/
    Thank you for sharing Ashley

Yes same here. I also reach more hours of fasting than 16:8 windows like 20 hours. I did tried OMAD but i wasnt able to focus on my daily activities and was having less energy so back to IF. :smiley:
    What is OMAD?
    Daily Post Sunday

Comments: I stayed within all of the Macro's today with the exception of sodium. Thank you @AB0215 for the information on sugar, it really helps to understand the "why". I'm hopeful that I will get to onederland in 2 weeks. I'm working towards that everyday.

You got this !
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily check in for sun
    10/10
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise no
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and under
    Exercise no but spent all day in the kitchen food preparation.
    Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadian Slimsons...🍗
This discussion has been closed.