This Year is Our Year for Success!

Replies

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,936 Member
    My maiden voyage in my new car went well. The only thing I had difficulty with was parking it back in the garage, which is rather full. It took me a couple of extra tries, but I did get it in eventually. I went to visit my friend whose husband recently passed away. I had planned to drop off the cookies and coffee cake I had made for her, and then leave. I ended up staying more than 2 hours as she seemed to really want to talk. I didn’t mind staying and lending an ear, but because I stayed so long, I decided to skip the other stops I had planned to make except for voting. A polling place was just down the street from my friend’s house, so I did that on my way home. There was no line there, but I heard reports that the other 2 locations nearest our home had very long lines. I’m glad I went to the location I chose. In my county you can vote at any polling place now, which definitely makes it easier.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,648 Member
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Southern grape salad is kind of like a dessert. You soften 8 Oz cream cheese and combine it with one cup of sour cream. Add 3 T of sugar. Add red and green grapes and mix to combine. Add 1/2 walnut halves and dust the salad with a little brown sugar. I bought a package of Emerald glazed walnuts and used that instead of plain walnuts and brown sugar. I created the lazy woman’s version. The recipe called for 2 pounds of each type of grape. I used less because I didn’t want to spend $25 on just grapes.

"lazy woman's version" is my favorite version. LOL! I wonder if DH would like that. He likes grapes and sour cream.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited March 2022
    What’s not to like. It’s creamy, crunchy and refreshing from the grapes. I first had it at a potluck. Everyone asked for the recipe.
  • Helene610
    That’s interesting you can go to any polling place. In CT, we had assigned polling places based on where you live. My Cape Town uses the middle school gym. We have 5 precincts and we all vote in the same room. It’s divided into 5 lanes so you check in at your precinct.
  • PamS53
    Being able to vote at any polling location in the county was a fairly recent change, but it is very helpful. I think it especially benefits those who are working as it allows them to vote wherever it is most convenient for them. With everything computerized, it makes sense that you can do it anywhere in the county.
  • mdubbs1
    There are definitely limits to what I'll do to be healthy. I could NOT stomach this. It doesn't look like the picture either. It's mostly kale and potatoes.

3q96nhq6ehfe.png
  • mdubbs1
    What’s not to like. It’s creamy, crunchy and refreshing from the grapes. I first had it at a potluck. Everyone asked for the recipe.

I don't like cream cheese or sour cream but DH does.
  • PamS53
    fw90ofd6ypau.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - love it!!!
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Love the lazy cat!

I've been gone because I keep forgetting to update you. Basically, I'm too tired to check in as I fill the morning with things to do (I'm a morning person) and by Noon, I am ready to read and rest.

The cardiologist doubled one of my heart meds to help while awaiting a hospital bed to try out the new drug Tykosan. I could not take it previously but the AFib has "progressed" to where that drug can be used. I read the reviews and it appears to be a "miracle" drug according to the vast majority of patient reviews. The negative is that for a few people, it can cause cardiac arrest which is why it can't be prescribed unless hospitalized. I guess if something is going to go wrong, it will be within the three days of hospitalization.

This issue has really messed up my plans but I am doing ok. If all goes well and there is not another outbreak, I will enter the hospital on March 12 to see if the drug works. In the meantime, I've been sending vital readings to the cardiologist for the past two weeks.

I just accidentally deleted a long paragraph. Let me summarize: I had an ortho appointment yesterday and to my surprise, he scheduled the right knee surgery for May 4. He has confidence in the drug.

• PamS53
    Jean, it’s so good to hear from you! I’m so happy to hear that you finally have an appointment for getting this new medication administered and I pray you will not encounter any issues from it. And the ortho appointment for your knee is also good news. You will feel like a new woman once you get that done and get through the rehab process. I know a lot of people who have had hip and/or knee replacements and all have said afterward that they wished they had done it sooner rather than living with the pain for so long.
  • Helene610
    Jean, that’s great news that you’re finally getting your hospital appointments. Good luck with the heart medication. It sounds like it will make a big difference in your quality of life.
  • mdubbs1
    Jean - it's going to be a miracle for you, I can feel it! Heck even your ortho doc thinks so. But I'll keep sending good thoughts your way!
  • mdubbs1
    The post office has become the bane of my existence. This week I stood in line at the post office just to be given a phone number. Then sat on hold forever just to help them fix their own mistake. Then had to go back to the UPS store to get the package of mail that should have been delivered to them by the post office weeks earlier. Then spent all day yesterday dealing with that late arriving mail and still have odds and ends to clean up today. Not quite as bad as all the raffle tickets and checks they delivered AFTER the raffle but bad enough. Donors have been quite understanding but still.....
  • mdubbs1
    45xlraucwhtz.png
  • mdubbs1
    edited March 2022
    We can only hope:

m5ddc6iriv3y.png

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Ladies, a miracle has happened! The cardiologist and orthopedic surgeon both approved my use of one of those desk elliptical gadgets. I really enjoy it and have a goal of using it 5 days out of 7. This is week 3, and today I used it a minimum of 30 minutes a day for 7 consecutive days or a total of 5hrs 16 min. Some days I did two sessions, one in morning and one in afternoon.
  • Helene610
    Using the elliptical will probably increase your stamina and may even help with your knee. What brand did you buy?

I find it interesting the Trump isn’t commenting on “his good friend Putin”. Maybe he thinks we’ve forgotten how he praised and appeased a tyrant.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Ladies, a miracle has happened! The cardiologist and orthopedic surgeon both approved my use of one of those desk elliptical gadgets. I really enjoy it and have a goal of using it 5 days out of 7. This is week 3, and today I used it a minimum of 30 minutes a day for 7 consecutive days or a total of 5hrs 16 min. Some days I did two sessions, one in morning and one in afternoon.

That's fantastic!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • mdubbs1
    edited March 2022
    Using the elliptical will probably increase your stamina and may even help with your knee. What brand did you buy?

I find it interesting the Trump isn’t commenting on “his good friend Putin”. Maybe he thinks we’ve forgotten how he praised and appeased a tyrant.

I'm past heart sick watching the TV coverage. The stories are heart wrenching. There seems to be not a daggone thing I can do other than contribute to relief efforts.

The thought that the cheeto might get re-elected literally terrifies me. SOMEONE HAS TO PUT THAT MAN IN JAIL WHERE HE BELONGS!!! It's just as bad watching his sycophants espouse his nonsense. Who knew there were so many heartless, rascist, moronic, would be autocrats in elected office?