This Year is Our Year for Success!

Replies

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,831 Member
    We’re starting to dip our toes into back into normal. We went to a potluck at our church Thursday night. We sat with a few friends and enjoyed the evening. Yesterday, we went on a sunset cruise from the local marina. The friend we dog sat for invited us as a thank you. There were only about 10 passengers so I felt pretty comfortable with the spacing. The captain was great at spotting dolphins. He knew the places they like to hang out. And it was a really nice sunset over the bay.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,648 Member
    Helene610 wrote: »
    We’re starting to dip our toes into back into normal. We went to a potluck at our church Thursday night. We sat with a few friends and enjoyed the evening. Yesterday, we went on a sunset cruise from the local marina. The friend we dog sat for invited us as a thank you. There were only about 10 passengers so I felt pretty comfortable with the spacing. The captain was great at spotting dolphins. He knew the places they like to hang out. And it was a really nice sunset over the bay.

That sounds really cool!
  • mdubbs1
    bp8brze2wn5w.png
  • Helene610
    Who ate the tuna in that lunch? Was it the dog?
  • mdubbs1
    Who ate the tuna in that lunch? Was it the dog?

wtwzu6ko0d27.png
  • mdubbs1
    It is brutally cold here this morning. I think I'll wait a little to go feed. Sunday's not a day I need to be out at the crack of dawn to avoid congestion on the "car street".
  • mdubbs1
    I lost 2 pounds last week. Surprised me because I wasn't that good yesterday. I'm planning packets 4 days this week, 3 days of enjoying myself for my birthday, and then 3 or 4 more days of packets. In hopes of enjoying myself without doing a lot of damage.

oy4cizjf5yep.png
  • mdubbs1
    Grocery store today - few masks (makes me see red!). Emptiest aisle is probably the cat food aisle. I was going to concentrate on using up my surplus but with all the talk about new shortages maybe that's not the best plan. Who ever thought we'd have to deal with such things in our lifetime?
  • Helene610
    We went out to dinner last night. There’s a cute restaurant at the marina just down the street. We opted to sit outside. We had a view of the boats and the water. It was so relaxing and the seafood was delicious.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,936 Member
    We are home now after our trip down to see DH’s family. I’m really glad we came home today instead of tomorrow as DH had originally proposed, and he is too. There’s always a lot of chaos with them and 3 days is about all I can take before I’m losing my mind. It wasn’t too bad until last night when 2 more extended family members of our nephew’s wife arrived and then it was uncontrolled mayhem with them getting the almost 4 and almost 7 year old kids all revved up and out of control. I had to bite my tongue hard to keep from saying anything, but I knew it wouldn’t have gone over well if I had. The kids’ mom told them to knock it off a couple of times, but that usually lasted about 2 minutes then started up again.

On our way home today we were almost in a head on collision when a car that was behind us decided to cross 3 lanes of traffic, then hit a post, spun around, hit a guardrail, spun again, and ended up directly in front of us and coming toward us. DH stood on the brakes and so did the other car and we ended up coming to a stop about 5 feet apart. The driver of the other car kept overcorrecting, making it impossible to anticipate where the car was going next. DH had slowed as much as he could when he first realized what was happening, which is how the car that had been behind us ended up in front of us. Very scary! In the moment I was thinking “We just can’t total another car this soon!” I think it took at least 10 minutes for our heart rates and BP to come back down to anything approaching normal.
  • Helene610
    Boy that’s scary. Kudos to your husband on his excellent driving skills. Glad you weren’t injured.
  • mdubbs1
    We went out to dinner last night. There’s a cute restaurant at the marina just down the street. We opted to sit outside. We had a view of the boats and the water. It was so relaxing and the seafood was delicious.

Ah that sounds so nice!
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - I second that - sounds terrifying!!!! I'm so glad you're both okay.
  • mdubbs1
    Cable and internet out all afternoon. Sort of scary considering what's going on, especially when I called a lawyer in Ohio and found out she doesn't have electricity
  • Helene610
    Jean, any update on your hospital procedure?
  • Helene610
    Cooking corned beef and cabbage for dinner. It smells delicious.
  • mdubbs1
    Cooking corned beef and cabbage for dinner. It smells delicious.

That's not something I've ever been able to develop a taste for.
  • mdubbs1
    Ukrainian Instagram cat Stepan is safe: www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ukraine-cat-stephan-update-bombing-205037112.html

fddkf1zlvxh3.png
  • mdubbs1
    Jean, any update on your hospital procedure?

Jean - hopefully you're in the hospital (never thought I'd say that phrase) and getting all the care you need!!!
  • mdubbs1
    said on a reality show forum: she’s not the brightest bulb in Home Depot

That may be my new favorite phrase!