This Year is Our Year for Success!

Replies

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I did an hour on the elliptical. I didn't get the one driven by a motor. It seemed logical to me that if one had to apply a little energy from self to keep the elliptical going then it would be more effective. It also saved money by not buying the one with a motor which does all the work for you. The brand is Sunny Health and I purchased it from Amazon. It is really good so far.

Speaking of Amazon, it sells Nutrisystem in different configurations. I discovered that yesterday.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,648 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    I did an hour on the elliptical. I didn't get the one driven by a motor. It seemed logical to me that if one had to apply a little energy from self to keep the elliptical going then it would be more effective. It also saved money by not buying the one with a motor which does all the work for you. The brand is Sunny Health and I purchased it from Amazon. It is really good so far.

Speaking of Amazon, it sells Nutrisystem in different configurations. I discovered that yesterday.

I think you're right - one with a motor makes less sense although as I type this I admit my treadmill has a motor. Hmmmmm....
  • mdubbs1
    I lost a half pound last week. Definitely slow going...

bklpqgsacyvm.png
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,936 Member
    On Saturday we attended the memorial service for my friend’s husband. It was a lovely service with a standing room only crowd in attendance. Luckily we had arrived early enough to find seating, but many were standing around 3 sides of the room and overflowing into the lobby area. The minister who did the service was the deceased’s college roommate and lifelong friend, so it was a very personal and moving service. Afterward there was a reception at the same location, so we were able to visit some with friends who were there.

We had a nice stretch of warm weather, but last night a cold front blew in and it will be cold for a few days now. I’m ready for warmer weather to arrive and stay. I’ve always hated winter because I hate feeling cold or having to wear 3 layers to stay warm.

I’m so sad to see what is happening in Ukraine. I truly fear that this is the beginning of another world war and the stakes are very high since so many countries now have nuclear weapons. A very scary time for all of us. I’m amazed at the creative ways people are finding to help, such as booking stays at Air BnBs in Ukraine in order to get money directly into the hands of people who live there.
  • mdubbs1
    Sign I saw this morning outside a liquor store:

"Wine costs less than fuel; drink don't drive"
  • mdubbs1
    edited March 2022
    Pam - that is creative!

I've donated to several children's charities. Feels like a drop in the bucket.

Between pandemics, morons, war, morons, climate change, morons, I'm not sure how much hope there is for humanity.

Living this close to DC, our goose would be cooked.
  • mdubbs1
    Morons, we're surrounded by morons;

Idaho Lawmakers OK Legislation That Could Fine, Jail Librarians

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/idaho-bill-fine-jail-librarians_n_6227104ae4b004e4e38518fb
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Speaking of signs, a Plantation shutter company has a scrolling message on their TV ad. Discount for military, first responders, Biden voters who wish they’d voted for Trump and Trump voters. Another banner says Liberals don’t bother calling us. If I was looking for a shutter company, it wouldn’t be them. I wonder if the ad has lost more customers or gained more customers?
  • PamS53
    Helene, they would definitely have lost my business.
  • mdubbs1
    I never had any idea the % of my fellow countrymen who are just idiots.

I'm sure they thought it would gain them customers and who knows, maybe it did.
  • Helene610
    I’ve been trying to increase my steps, using my new Fitbit. Last week, I had 5 days of 7000+ steps a day. My weekly mileage was just over 20 miles for the week. I was pretty tired yesterday and only did 5,000 steps yesterday. I figure I could push a bit more on the other days this week to keep up my average.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I’ve been trying to increase my steps, using my new Fitbit. Last week, I had 5 days of 7000+ steps a day. My weekly mileage was just over 20 miles for the week. I was pretty tired yesterday and only did 5,000 steps yesterday. I figure I could push a bit more on the other days this week to keep up my average.

20 miles is fantastic!!!!
  • mdubbs1
    13l4o5e4keyz.jpg
  • mdubbs1
    Yesterday was such a flurry of rescheduling due to the weather forecast. It didn't help that I ended up actually calling some people and b/s'ing awhile. I looked at the clock and wondered where my day went. This is the third time in my memory that the mid-March cat show has had a nasty weather forecast. DH and I like to think of March 1 as the beginning of spring. And certainly anything we get after March 1 doesn't linger But we do get the occasional March bad weather event.

BUT the good news is that I suddenly have a little more free time to work on the newsletter. I've been outlining it in my head as I drive around this week. That's almost always my first step, weird though it may sound. I also took time to pull all my photos from everyone from wherever they are onto a USB stick (I write the newsletter on a program that only runs on my older computer. It's not hooked up to the internet so I have to transfer them manually.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Like many others, I am waiting for the big snow late Friday into Saturday. Right now, they are talking a minimum of 6 to 12 inches. Guess who was to go into the hospital over an hour away on Saturday. I guess I'll be going to the city on Friday afternoon and stay at a hotel close to the hospital. I called scheduling to make sure they had my cell number. At that time, I was informed there was no guarantee I would have a bed and wouldn't know until Saturday morning. I was also told that availability had been limited this week.

So I stay overnight in the hotel and likely will not have a bed in the hospital. At the same time, the roads are so bad that I can't go home which will require another night at the hotel. This was the first time they could get a tentative hospital bed reservation to monitor this "wonder drug" that can create major problems for some people. Cardiology thinks this needs to be done soon but if they cancel they have no idea when they can get another "non urgent" hospital bed reservation. The only people who won this year were the Covid patients. After the surge was over, the beds were being filled by emergency patients, elective surgery people and those like me who have to be monitored when a new drug is started.
  • Helene610
    Jean, fingers crossed that the weather cooperates and your hospital appointment is a go. Good luck.
  • mdubbs1
    Jean - crossing my fingers too!!! Wishing you all the best!
  • PamS53
    Jean, I’m hoping you get a bed, the weather cooperates, and starting the new drug is uneventful!

I saw the PA for my ortho doc today and he was very happy with my progress. My range of motion for both my elbow and wrist is almost 100% at this point, and I have very little pain now as well. The only issue is that I still have no feeling in my little finger and the side of my hand. The PA said if that is still the case at my next appointment in 3 months they would then look at ordering some conduction tests.

After that appointment we headed south to visit DH’s family for the weekend. Today we had temps in the 70’s and tomorrow another cold front with temps in the 20’s will arrive. I think Mother Nature is bipolar!
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - mostly great news from the ortho doc! Mother Nature is bipolar. We're having a mix of rain and snow as I type.
  • mdubbs1
    jbhe5nrfat8k.png