This Year is Our Year for Success!

Replies

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Jean, any progress on getting a hospital date yet? The local FL hospital has started scheduling elective procedures again. They are advising patients to contact their doctors to arrange appointments. Covid hospitalizations have started to drop, making room for elective procedures. I hope that’s the case in your area.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,936 Member
    I saw my opthalmologist today, the one who did my lens implant surgeries 15 years ago, to follow up on the displaced lens from my accident. He said that it is possible that at some point I may need to replace the lens, but at present he would recommend against it because the surgery would be very risky. He said my vision in that eye is actually slightly better than it was at my last exam, so his strong recommendation was to simply wait and see while monitoring every 6 months. So all in all, good news.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,648 Member
    PamS53 wrote: »
    I saw my opthalmologist today, the one who did my lens implant surgeries 15 years ago, to follow up on the displaced lens from my accident. He said that it is possible that at some point I may need to replace the lens, but at present he would recommend against it because the surgery would be very risky. He said my vision in that eye is actually slightly better than it was at my last exam, so his strong recommendation was to simply wait and see while monitoring every 6 months. So all in all, good news.

I'm very glad to hear that overall it was good news!!!
  • mdubbs1
    sqozv9vwkryi.png
  • PamS53
    ms9p2bewn4t4.jpeg
  • PamS53
    n4pm5b2gbz4f.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - loving them!!!!!
  • mdubbs1
    SOMEONE has got to put the cheeto in jail. I don't care who. I'm beyond perplexed that he wasn't jailed years ago. The man's a crook and has been for decades.

We've got enough to worry about with COVID and climate change and conspiracy nuts. We don't need another 4 years of cheeto as president.
  • mdubbs1
    edited February 2022
    A few years back my best friend divorced her useless husband. But they made an agreement they'd take each other to doctor appointments, etc. Well, she got the short end of that deal when he got cancer and ended up moving back into her house (luckily she'd never put his name on it; apparently one thing that pissed him off). He has two prior wives but she ended up with the short end of that deal. She was facing having to hire care for him for however much time he had left. Yesterday he died suddenly in the ER. I never liked the man and I guess I'm a horrible person but I'm glad she's about done with him!
  • PamS53
    ufsnq3m0pjph.jpeg
  • Helene610
    That cartoon definitely has a cat’s number. They’re very discriminating about who gets their love and affection. I see my dermatologist for a skin check this week. With the sun exposure in FL, it’s recommended that everyone get a yearly cancer checkup. I’m careful about the sun but up to my early 20s, I wasn’t so careful. So far, so good. Let’s hope I get a clean bill of health Wednesday.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    That cartoon definitely has a cat’s number. They’re very discriminating about who gets their love and affection. I see my dermatologist for a skin check this week. With the sun exposure in FL, it’s recommended that everyone get a yearly cancer checkup. I’m careful about the sun but up to my early 20s, I wasn’t so careful. So far, so good. Let’s hope I get a clean bill of health Wednesday.

Here's hoping for a good report!
  • mdubbs1
    Went to a grocery store yesterday. It's one where I get ham salad for DH and green beans with carrots to steam. SO much cheaper to run in for a few things that come up with the online order minimum. I also found one thing on my "can't find it anywhere" list - Jimmy Dean Delights Egg McMuffin knock offs.

I figure I'll hit one store at a time, looking for things on my "elusive list".

We're supposed to get heavy rain tomorrow and then rain off and on the rest of the week. I'm just thrilled it's not snow! I'm so ready for March (which is my mind has always meant winter's over!
  • PamS53
    I have 2 appointments this week. The first is a followup with my PCP for my hypertension and the other is with my ortho doc for my arm. Our weather is supposed to be turning bad Wednesday night, so I’m not sure if we will be able to get there since it’s in downtown Dallas. If the roads are icy we will reschedule.
  • mdubbs1
    I have 2 appointments this week. The first is a followup with my PCP for my hypertension and the other is with my ortho doc for my arm. Our weather is supposed to be turning bad Wednesday night, so I’m not sure if we will be able to get there since it’s in downtown Dallas. If the roads are icy we will reschedule.

I hope the weather doesn't keep you from your appointments. Weird - we're to have rain and you might have ice? Wild, eh
  • mdubbs1
    edited February 2022
    The scale didn't budge last week. I followed my plan, no splurge or anything. I hate to think weeks like this are starting already.
  • mdubbs1
    ms9p2bewn4t4.jpeg

This may actually make the next newsletter if there's room. LOL!
  • PamS53
    mvzj52h6ad81.jpeg
  • Helene610
    I made an appointment for a manicure tomorrow after the doctor’s appointment. I have to pay a $6 toll to get back on the island. I tend to do as many errands as possible when I go into town. So tomorrow will be a busy day.
  • mdubbs1
    mvzj52h6ad81.jpeg

Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!