How many 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰 did I eat?πŸ™€

Options

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,797 Member
    Options
    Oooh yum, that courgette and tomato dish looks delicious!

I've had a bunnytastic day:

Breakfast: Rhubarb, blueberries, banana, raspberries, pear 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
    Lunch: Huge salad with houmous and falafel 🐰🐰🐰🐰
    Dessert: Strawberries, blueberries, banana, raspberries served with greek yoghurt 🐰🐰🐰🐰
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,619 Member
    Options
    That's bun-tastic Garfield... let's see how many bunnies Laurie manages to bun-handle! :blush:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,625 Member
    Options
    Well I completely emptied my office today... I'm hell bent on reorganizing this house into something much more ascetic...and much less nanny. All this cozy comfort stuff has to go.

Unfortunately somehow this equal to ordering pizza rather than cooking veggies for dinner πŸ™ tomorrow I will make the zucchini fans and post pictures.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Poor bunnies - nothing left for them!

Breakfast: a smoothie made with banana, raspberries, conference pear, rhubarb and strawberries 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
    Lunch: A huge mixed salad with falafel and houmous 🐰🐰🐰🐰
    Dinner: Roasted veggies (salad potatoes, red/yellow/orange pepper, carrot, beets, cherry tomatoes, red/white onion, courgette) served with salsiccia piccante 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
    Dessert: Brown apple betty 🐰🐰

I think that's 18....
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Making some progress today - lunch = 1/4 blue menu frozen veggie lasagna and 1/2 of the 400 grams of frozen veggies I made as a side - a la PAV. Dinner will include a lasagna fan - so many tomatoes in the garden to enjoy today!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I am impressed with the plethora of bunnies from Garfield and surprised by the expedient choices made by our wonderful Laurie! Now if you make fresh salad on top that's potentially a thing of beauty! 😘
  • lauriekallis
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I tossed a half container of field greens mix into the compost yesterday (that hurt) don't think it counts toward my daily bunnies - but perhaps it fed some compost bin wildlife? Lots of leopard slugs in the bin - pretty sure I made their day a bit happier.fkxy8ke3jqqt.jpg
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Today's breakfast smoothie was entirely homegrown or foraged:

Blackberries and greengages freshly picked this morning from the hedgerows; rasberries, rhubarb and conference pears from my garden; greek yoghurt made in the Instant Pot...
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh, Bella. That sounds so romantic. <3
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Is this like domestic arts 101?!?!? Have you two heard of SUPER MARKETS for the masses?!?!?!?!
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Domesticity isn’t really my thing (no one would ever call me house proud, it suffices that the house is clean and tidy) but you can’t beat homegrown or homemade food. Besides, you can’t get much cheaper than fruit foraged from a hedgerow or picked from the garden, so it makes economic sense too.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    It does, Bella. And tastes so much better! I'm picking tomatoes from my tiny garden at the moment - and to be honest they make absolutely no economic sense - but they are pretty delicious - and feel like an accomplishment. But those wild growing fruits are mind boggling. I have a mulberry tree that provides an endless bounty of delicious fruit for a good six weeks. Neighbours trees deliver apples and cherries. It is astounding.
  • Bella_Figura
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I know! It never fails to astonish and delight me when nature provides food for absolutely free. Admittedly that nature is cultivated at times, but sometimes it's 100% wild.

I have two rhubarb crowns in my garden that have provided me a steady daily supply of rhubarb since May and are STILL going strong. I have a conference pear tree that promises to supply me with pears from now until the end of September, and two cherry trees that promise to do the same. I have two small tumbling tomato plants in terracotta pots that are providing me with more cherry tomatoes than I can eat at the moment, and have been doing so for over 4 weeks now.

Added to this the hedgerows are absolutely glutted with blackberries and greengages at the moment. My neighbour hates crab apples so has told me to help myself to as many as I want from his tree. My neighbour on the other side has kept me supplied all summer with raspberries, beefsteak tomatoes and (more) rhubarb, She now has seven apple trees groaning with fruit (two varieties of eating apple and two varieties of cooking apple) and has practically begged me to help her eat them.

On my dog walk I pass a house that for the past two weeks has been putting out comice pears in a bucket every day for folks to help themselves. Another house has been putting out bucket upon bucket of victoria plums. I pass through the community allotment on that same walk and every day someone is offering their excess crops for free - courgettes, marrows, peas, onions....

In the next month or so the fields will be full of horse mushrooms, which is also when the hedgerows will have walnuts, hazelnuts and sweet chestnuts...and sloes and elderberries for making cordials and liquers.

This cornucopia is pretty much ignored by 95% of the population. It's essentially just me and the critters that feast on it...
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Poor bunnies - I ate all their food again!

Breakfast: a smoothie made with banana, blackberries, conference pear, rhubarb and raspberries 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
    Lunch: A mixed salad 🐰🐰🐰
    Dinner: A huge mixed salad with falafel and houmous 🐰🐰🐰🐰
    Dessert: Brown apple betty 🐰🐰; a comice pear 🐰

I think that's 15....

• PAV8888
    Options
    I don't know for sure but it sounds like them british isle bunnies have a cornucopia of foods hanging around there them parts and all they have to do is reach in and pick some! And there I thought that that would be a dangerous thing to do!

I love all the specialized names :blush: "conference pears" "victoria plums".... poor Ms Google is having a bit of an overheating problem from my many questions as I'm more used to: "pear thingies on sale" "oh look, plum-like things with points"!

But, hey, nobody said that my marketing attention was hard to trick! --shhh: don't tell ms google that I usually deny her all location and search information just so that I can keep her guessing!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I finally roasted up some zucchini tomato fans! Woohoo! and what was going to be a cauliflower steak - but it crumbled so it was more of a cauliflower florette hedgerow on the edge of the fans. What a delicious dinner.

Lots of bunnies today...I didn't weight the dinner veggies - but everything is pretty dense so it must have been a ??? 6 bunny dinner? Maybe 3 for breakfast and one for my apple afternoon snack. A 10 bunny day. Most in a while.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Florida has an abundance of produce currently!…last week huge blackberries were only 99 cents a container and I should have bought many more but because of my blood clots I didn’t get around much….my grandson is eating Dragon fruit like they are free!…his girlfriend is a wonderful cook and baker….omg the things she has made in the past few months…the girl has skills!….
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Blackberries haven't hit here yet - I love it when they come on full force - they are so delicious.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    My skin disagrees. Plus while they do taste good, when you hit a vile one it is really vile! Plus I'm not sure seeing pee recycling in action is something I appreciate as much as one would think! πŸ™€πŸ˜‚ But they do taste good. But rip shirts and skin too. Hmmmm..... I'm on the fence when it comes to blackberries. Flies, skeeters, and spiders too! 😘
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    It sounds like you have had a very conflicted time with blackberries, PAV. I think you should avoid them. And flies. And skeeters. And spiders. And snakes - just in case.

Okay - I've had a wonderful bunny food day.

Clementines for breakfast 🐰🐰🐰
    Two watermelon snacks 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
    Roasted zucchini, tomatoes and cauliflower 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

Not counting the oatmeal and raisin cookie - but almost could - lots of raisins!