How many 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰 did I eat?🙀

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,732 Member
    Options
    I just had to hug me a Garfield!

Laurie if you make the expedition... they have larger packaging and, in general, better pricing than other loblaw locations for the stuff they carry. Somewhat disappointed at their "retail" dairy pricing. I suspect they have a discount for "card carrying" businesses that shop there. Good for the "girl's" stuff though since she is going through her fish and squash like a little eating machine!
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Nuked my container of "base bunnies" for the day so that it is ready to go / be added in anything I'm eating :wink:

My yellow and orange and "regular" type green bean bag was at an end and I only managed to suck out 371g from it. So I've added another 266g of fine green beans from the other bag.

I was looking at it dubiously because beans on beans... but the extra fine ones look totally different than the regular ones :smiley:

I was initially thinking noodles/soup/or mashed like the past couple of days... but I am now thinking maybe pasta sauce would work... hmm... we shall see when I come back with the girl!

For now working with coffee and a clif bar... and the extra reserves from the 800 Cal worth of dry mini wheat bites cereal I had the harebrained 2am light bulb moment of sitting down to consume like pretzels instead of just going to bed like I needed to!
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Oopsies: I ate a (previously) frozen red curry with my 7.5 prepped bunnies 🙀

🐰🐰🐹🐇 - 🐰🐰🐰 - 🐇🐇

It's all the girl's fault. She didn't want to head out without lunch and I can't eat later while she's starring at me (cause she'll slap me)... so we had to eat at the same time!!!🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

It's all the girl's fault. She didn't want to head out without lunch and I can't eat later while she's starring at me (cause she'll slap me)... so we had to eat at the same time!!!🤷🏻‍♂️

Kinda like being married 😂
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,669 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    ... I had the harebrained 2am light bulb moment of sitting down to consume like pretzels instead of just going to bed like I needed to!

I hate those moments.

Don't know what was wrong with adding that curry to your bunnies???

Might make it to the store this week or maybe next...weekend is full of The Boy :) / work :( my freezer is full too now that I think about it. But I like the looks of those fine green beans!!! Will they work in lieue of the French cut do you think?
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Let me get you a picture! :smile: You're up early!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Yes...fell asleep with the little one at 7:30 yesterday :) you're up late! (watch out for those 2am 🐹)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    4s8deugjc5kl.jpg

I've been cooking. They're a definite problem. They're called Cherry Garcia.....
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    The cookies are the new experiment! I put the girl's food in the puree thingy, and then baked it at 425 till crispy

And using the left over water from her new batch (where both squash and then basa fish had been boiled), I added 600g butternut, 46 cream of wheat, and 500g shrimp, garlic and onion powder and Knorr seafood liquid (30g per liter) to make soup. And the 303g (of still frozen) green beans for tomorrow
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Cherry Garcia looking tasty … & more’ish?
    Poorly dog here - limping on paw… not sure what has happened as dog mummy was inabsentia (=guilt)… doggy sitting son (no.2) can’t think that she has jumped / fallen on it funny? No visible injury…Vetinary nurse who lives up road says she thinks looks swollen around ankle joint…. Advised to call in to get it looked at tomorrow. Is happy enough, though not letting me out of her sight! Happy enough just to sit & wander around in the garden & in the sun. We were commenting on how grey a beard she now has …she is 12 in August …little bit worried / concerned! She is a mad but lovely mut.
    @🐶dogslife🐾🌹🌤
  • Janatki
    Options
    Oh bunnies 😬
    🐰🐰🐰 🐇🐰🐰
    That’s alright🙂
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,028 Member
    Options
    Not so many bunnies today:

80g prunes 🐰🐰
    Homemade veggie soup 🐰🐰
    Apple, orange and banana 🐰🐰🐰

🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰 🐰

No more calories left so that'll have to suffice...
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sadly (gladly) @Janatki the Cherry Garcia (by Ben and Jerry) consumption (1035Cal per 473ml "portion") was not pictured.

Definitely staying up late to make (as dry as I could) doggie cookies--the ones on the left of the pic...well, not the best plan calorie wise vs going to bed!

However have proven that the dog food can be turned into doggie treats!!!
  • Janatki
    Options
    They are doggie treats? Jess says she wants to move… to yours! Hmph!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Janatki wrote: »
    They are doggie treats? Jess says she wants to move… to yours! Hmph!

Mutski is on prescribed "few item" diet. Literally ordered by vet: enriched pasta 1kg, tilapia 1kg, butternut squash 1kg, magic doggie supplement powder from NOT vet office 1 scoop per kg. I have digressed to adding plain white toast fairly crispy and varying the fish between Tilapia, Pollock, Sole and haddock when desperate (due to price) and Basa which actually looks and tastes the best... but which I trust the least!. There is little question that tummy has settled a lot since move to new food.

But cleaning teeth and treats AND weight have come forward as issues.

So have reduced pasta to half and increased squash to double without permission! And instead of continuing with almost burned toast as treats (at 80 Cal per slice) started putting fish fillets in the dehydrator. But... a $10 bag of fish yields... 6 to 8 pieces. At best double if cut up. Not a great yield.

So asked here the other day and everyone offered kind suggestions and as I was reading through them I started wondering what would happen if I turned her normal food into cookies... and given the higher percentage of squash maybe I wouldn't even need to add apple or flour... so I tested it yesterday by pureeing her remaining old batch and baking it on parchment paper at somewhere between 400 and 425 :wink:

So far... so good!
  • Janatki
    Options
    Bloomin’ eck! That is high maintanence doggy dinners! Bet it takes ages! Bought, possible, meat or fish & cup full of doggy bisccuits here, twice a day only! Odd gravy bone as a treat from a bought box when I remember!
    Glad mutski is doing well on the custom made aperitifs that look good enough to eat for us ‘umans! Though B& J’s icecream looks better! 😊!
    Cheets for the advice on upping my veggies …. Do need to do that as am feeling nibbly this bedtime 🙄 Filling up on water!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Mutski used to be low maintenance and just eat left overs for first few years... it was a stealth upgrade she went in for!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Those doggy treats look amazing! Mutski is a lucky girl <3
    I'm confused about the soup? For her? For you?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Soup? Me: just using her left over water🙀🙀🙀 but I over knorred it! (I boiled pasta, then used water to boil the squash and then did the fish there. So added seafood base and a bag of shrimp, some cream of wheat and today the green beans....)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Very funky. I have never used cream of wheat in soup! Guessing it thickens it? But does it leave a graininess?