Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Options

Replies

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    @katmary71 since the summer, I had put on a couple of pounds, not taking it off then after Thanksgiving same thing. I really do feel like I have my head back in the game now.
    I have only been to Trader Joe’s once, that place is dangerous! LOLLOL! I’m sorry you are struggling, really hoping that you start to feel better, hopefully your doctors can fix you up❤️

@megnolia82 Glad you are on the road to recovery, that exhaustion after Cove it is brutal!

@Tamevv wow! Good for you on doing 66 days of meeting your exercise goal!!

@Trooworld in the last month or two I haven’t really gotten into overnight oats. I put tons of fruit in them and vanilla protein powder, which really keeps me going through the morning. I also like that I can make three of them up in the evening, I hate cleaning up in the morning L0L. Soup for breakfast sounds like a great option😃

@happysquidmuffin WOW WOW WOW!!! Huge congratulations on your new low!

Pretty relaxed day here. Got into my powered barbell class this morning and took Vannie on a couple of good walks. I have a condo that have a small front and backyard, I got my fall work done :-) :-). The weather has been wonderful here but everybody I met on my walks was telling me they are predicting snow for Monday, so I thought I better get a move on. I have started planning my food for the day first thing in the morning. I find it very helpful to know exactly what I can eat and I have been pretty good about sticking to it. I want to be at my lower end of the goal weight going into the end of November, planning ahead so I have some wiggle room for Christmas :-).
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 I'm glad you've been able to go back to work, hope the exhaustion subsides and you're fully recovered soon.

@Tamevv 66 awesome days of slaying that exercise, woohoo! Hope your day at work went well, you're a trooper thinking of everyone else.

@trooworld Your breakfast sounds amazing, you're definitely one of the friends on here I'd love to eat with sometime! What about overnight oats? Your idea of soup is a great one, I started making things like chilis and soups and having them for breakfast instead of traditional breakfast for awhile, just because it's morning doesn't mean you can't eat whatever you want. Split pea or chili for breakfast is actually quite good and filling especially if I've been at the food bank farm.

@happysquidmuffin You're rocking those goals!

@DrewsAnna I bet Elton John was a blast! No more shenaniganing for a bit but bet you made some great memories.

@laurelfit57 Thank you! Oh boy Trader Joe's was even worse before I was diagnosed with diabetes, when I think back to how I ate before I used to eat trail mix with peanut butter cups on the way home from Trader Joe's and go through half a bag! I can only laugh at how clueless I was but I definitely see how I ended up so unhealthy. Sounds like you got a lot of great exercise today between your class and Vannie. Speaking of Vannie has the sub you liked that reminds you of Vannie been around? Enjoy the good weather before the snow.

Hi team! Made it to the food bank farm today and separated garlic cloves for planting with a few other people so we sat around gabbing while working. We're still getting a lot of peppers, cucumbers, and zucchini which I'm also getting at home, I have 5 cucumbers on my plants right now then a small butternut squash and a small melon which won't get big enough in a month to eat. I came home and did weights and stretching. Since I haven't been sleeping well I think I'm going to cut my workouts back, even before I sat a few days for that project and got real flared up I'd been struggling due to health issues and lack of sleep so I need to be smarter about things. Not much else going on, have a great Wednesday everyone! Hoping to get some yardwork done tomorrow and should have some work by then.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 144.5
    CW: 144.0

I was reading that as we get closer to our goal weight that we will lose 0.5 lbs. or under so it takes longer to get there. So long as I'm going in the right direction most of the time now, I'm happy. When I stop and think that I've lost 101 lbs. it makes me sad and happy at the same time. I think it will take a while before my brain catches up with the new me. I felt as big as a house yesterday.

My arms are no longer sore, but I still have more forgetfulness than normal. I just realized last night that I forgot to put one of my medications in my weekly pill box, so I didn't take it for 4 days. I've been feeling pretty crummy, mild hot flashes, anxiety, headaches. Now that I'm taking it again, I feel so much better. I'm not supposed to quit Lyrica cold turkey. I have never forgotten to put such an important medication in my pill box before. I was extra careful when I filled it up today. My new insurance only lets me have 1 week of pain medication at a time. So now I'm going to the pharmacy more often. They let me get my refill 3 days before its due so I'm at the pharmacy every 4 days now. I was such a meanie the other day at the drive thru pharmacy. My medication had been out of stock for almost a week, and I called them and asked them about it, he said call back later we just got our order in. I went the next day. At the drive thru window the girl said it would be ready in 10 minutes, then she said 15 minutes. She said would you like to come back for it? I said no it's been out of stock for a week, I'll just wait here for it. She said, what about my other Customers. I said I didn't care. I had just waited in a line for the drive thru that went almost around the building. She said I'll let them know. They had my medication ready in 2 minutes. It should have been ready before I got there. Pharmacy Drama.

I found an Anniversary Card for my husband. I think I'm all set for that, now I need to work on Christmas and his Birthday the week after Christmas. It's time to make my "Want / Wish" list too, he says I'm not getting anything if I don't give him a list. I think I want Amazon gift cards to buy more books and Bath Bombs. I have enough stuff and I'm trying to get rid of it. Maybe I can ask for bookcases for the living room, that would be really nice.

Thank you for supporting me I really appreciate it.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @happysquidmuffin CONGRATS ON THE NEW LOW AND THE LOSS!!! And well done on the step count and goals! :D

@DrewsAnna I'm glad you had a fun time.

@Tamevv LOL I am a mess! Hahahaha yeah I know it's weird to eat soup for breaky but if it takes away my hunger, I'll try it. I might try combining a protein bar with some fruit and a yogurt or something, that's an idea.

@laurelfit57 I do like overnight oats. I usually make them the same morning as the texture of them overnight bothers me lol. Sounds like you had a great day. I also plan my food first thing in the morning, I find if I do that and pretrack, things go much smoother.

@Katmary71 Aww, thank you! I'd love to eat with you, too! I do overnight oats sometimes. Yeah those soups sound good and really filling. Sleep is so important, I hope you get it figured out.

@FushiaKat Congrats on the loss! I've heard the closer you are to goal, the harder it is to have a loss. You are doing great.

Hi all. Another thing about my breakfast drama is that I get sick of things if I eat them too many days in a row. I can do the same thing for about 3-4 days and then I need to switch it up. Yesterday, for a change, I brought these frozen mini frittatas that I bought at Walmart. I brought them with some cottage cheese. The frittatas were so gross, I couldn't even eat them, I threw them out and got a muffin at the cafe. Next week, I am bringing this to work: Queenie's Killer Tomato Bagel Sandwich https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/21539/queenies-killer-tomato-bagel-sandwich/ I'll probably have it with some fruit. Because I had the muffin for breakfast yesterday + some cottage cheese, I wasn't hungry at lunchtime so I didn't eat lunch. Today, I am bringing the smoked salmon breakfast toast so that should be okay.

My Halloween Challenge goals report for yesterday:
    1) track 90% of what I eat every day - ✔
    2) drink 50 oz of water each day - ✔

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 food bank farming sounds so cool. Is that volunteer?

Hey y'all! Getting back on track didn't quite go as planned. I'm finishing up some antibiotics, I quit taking them on Friday and started them again on Monday. Anyways, they mess with my stomach really bad. So, eating fruit & veggies didn't happen because, I was already needing to be close to the bathroom. I did weigh & measure everything I ate though. Thankfully, today is the last day of them.

The weather forecast is calling for a lot of rain, thankfully!! We need some fresh air around here. I feel as though I've started smoking again. However, on the flip side... there's no end in sight for awhile with the rain. This weekend, I'm looking forward to spending Sunday in my jammies, with a blanket, watching football with my honey.

Tomorrow, is weigh in... sigh....
    Next week will be better 🙂👍

• Katmary71
    Options
    @FushiaKat Great to see you! I get the mixed feelings around weight loss, it does take awhile for things to sink in. Oh no that going every week for medication is so annoying! Do you have to do that for long before they do longer refills? I ended up fighting my insurance and winning but I have to do it each year.

@trooworld Sounds like you have some tasty ideas for breakfast! Oh no, sorry to hear the frittatas were gross! I bought the egg bite tray for my Instant Pot but haven't made them (did try them at Starbucks and they're good but not that filling), I think those are similar to what you probably purchased. I don't know if “fresh” vs. frozen would make a difference though.

@19shmoo69 Hugs my friend! Sounds lik the temperament study is very timely for you!

@DrewsAnna Yes the food bank farm is volunteer, it's around the corner from my house and it's two mornings a week. Glad you're done with the antibiotics today. A cozy Sunday sounds awesome!

Hi team! I woke up and stayed in bed finishing my Catherine Coulter book then did my workout, it's my first day doing my whole workout but I'm cutting my cardio in half for awhile which felt weird but I wasn't too flared up and it was leg day so that's a win since I usually am after leg day. I finished up my Trader Joe treats, I may get those ice cream sandwiches (coffee chip) again, for 140 calories they really hit the spot and I actually moderated them. On a funny note my cats keep putting their toy mice around Bill, the first time he was here there was one next to him on the bed when I woke him up to go to the food bank farm, the second time they put one is his shoe, and this last time he found one in his bag once he was home and sent me a picture of it. Not very subtle that they like him huh? I'm being upstaged by my cats! Have a great Thursday everyone!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I've been thinking about you, Darren. I'm sorry you've been in a funk. I'm glad the men's Bible study was helpful for you. You've got this!

@DrewsAnna I hope your stomach is better now. Your weekend plans sound cozy and wonderful. Enjoy the needed rain!

@Katmary71 I have the egg bite tray for our Ninja Foodi but I've only used it once. I think fresh would be better but it is also that I loathe most eggs lol. I may try to make some egg bites but right now, I don't have the energy so it may wait. That's hilarious about your cats and Bill! They do like him, that's great. Hahaha

Hi all. I had a good fall soup for dinner last night, it was spicy but good, it was Creamy Thai Carrot Sweet Potato Soup. I served it with Shredded Brussels Sprout Bacon Salad and Warm Cider Vinaigrette. It was good, too. I ended the day under my calories so that was good.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    PW 9/26/2022: 219.5

Check in weight (10/3/2022): 220.0
    Check in weight (10/10/2022):220.0
    Check in weight (10/17/2022):221
    Check in weight (10/24/2022):
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous: 154.8
    Current: 154.4

Whoo hoo, I have a loss. After my weekend, I didn't expect to see it.

The weather report said, the smoke is supposed to start clearing out today, thankfully. It's been terrible and I live in one of the areas less impacted by. I surebdo miss taking my best buddy out. Lol, he needs the exercise just as much as I do. 8gx1o875ouks.jpg

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Weekly weigh in:
    PW: 75.1
    CW: 74.8

Officially met my first goal - broke 75 😁. Yay me. Really sorry I’m not keeping up with chats this month - just one thing after another really. Mostly all good things, except a bit of a breakdown on Wednesday, but got through it and sun is shining and only one day till the weekend 😊
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    @katmary71 I am right there with you on how poorly I used to eat, it was a bit outrageous🥹. My little Vannie sub spin class teacher is now doing a regular class on Saturday mornings. I have decided that when I don’t have the grandkids sleepover, I am going to try to make it to her class, she really is bouncy and entertaining LOL. I really really hope you get your sleeping straightened out, that is a tough row to hoe!
    Your cats are hilarious! So is Bill taking the hint that he is welcome around there?🥰

@Fushiakat that is so terribly inconvenient only being able to get a week at a time! That doesn’t make any sense to me. My prescriptions are usually filled for three months at a time but during the worst of the Covid outbreak we were only allowed to get a month at a time and I thought that was horribly inconvenient. I’m sorry you’re having to go through all of this❤️. WOW You have lost 101 pounds, you are amazing!

@trooworld I want to eat at your house! Seriously you always have the most interesting and best food! I am super lazy about my food and cook up large amounts and freeze it all in individual servings. Yours is way more exciting!
    That soup that you made sounds delicious!

@DrewsAnna I am so sorry that you haven’t been feeling well, sounds like you are on the road to recovery.
    Whereabouts do you live? That smoke looks horrible

Yesterday was not that great of a day, I started out really well with my eating and exercise, but I didn’t have time before I went with Vannie to agility to have supper. When we got home I was absolutely starving and kind of went off the rails for dinner.
    Today was a better day I was able to get my two classes in at the gym, the weather is definitely turning here and it was very windy and rainy so not able to get out much with Vannie. I put her jacket on her because it takes forever to get her dry when she is wet. She was not impressed at all🤣. Next time I will take a picture she was just mad LOL.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld I think the combo of the soup and salad sounds amazing. Eating delicious food and staying under is a win for sure!

@DrewsAnna Congratulations on your loss! I hope the smoke does clear up and you can go outside soon.

@Tamevv Congratulations on getting under 75!

@laurelfit57 I'm glad instructor Vannie has her own class now, she sounds like fun. I want to see an angry Vannie in her outerwear!

Hi team! Just got out of a board meeting, I'll deal with the minutes tomorrow. Not much going on, did my workout and spent some time in the yard then went to the farmer's market as waste management was giving out kitchen bins for scraps and picked up some tomatoes. Had a decent harvest in my yard of greens, cucumbers, and herbs so salads will be going on. Have a great Friday!
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:238.0
    CW:235.8
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    So many things to reply to- been meaning to for three days. Quick pop in for now and I'll see if I can do more later.

@trooworld-Your pup is sooo cute in her costume! Isn't cereal with milk the same as breakfast soup lol?!

@Katmary71 - that's hilarious about the mice

@DrewsAnna - yay for a loss! Hope the smoke clears and you feel better.

@laurelfit57 - I'd love to see Mad Vannie!

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 169.3
    CW- 168.2

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 138.5
    CW: 139.0
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 228.2
    CW: 230.4
  • trooworld
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Congrats on the loss! Oh gosh, that smoke is bad. I'm glad you are staying out of it. Hopefully soon, you can take your best buddy out there. Take care.

@Tamevv CONGRATULATIONS on hitting your first goal! Well done! Just chime in when you have time, no worries.

@laurelfit57 Haha! Come on over! ;) That's a great way to handle food. Sometimes I freeze stuff, too. The soup was really good but I'd put way less curry paste in it next time, my mouth was on fire lol. Sorry you had kind of a bad day, I'm glad yesterday was better. Awww, Vannie in a jacket, I need to see that!

@Katmary71 It was really good, Kat. I want your garden but unfortunately, I kill anything I plant lol.

@davidji82 Congrats on the loss!

@Cornanda Thank you! You've got a point about cereal with milk lol. I hope you are well. Congrats on the loss, woo hoo!

Hi all. Despite being under my calories all week and having leftover "bites", I gained 2.2 lbs. I am ticked off at the scale but not too surprised because I had baked beans last night and they are probably still in my system. Hmmmph. I'm glad it's Friday. I need a weekend. I have a review at work today and I have no idea how it's going to go. I do good work but the person that is doing my review is our director (since we don't have a manager right now) and he doesn't really know what all I do. I usually get glowing reviews but I don't anticipate one today. :(

• Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Username: ftofit
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 169.5
    CW: 168.3
This discussion has been closed.