Downsizers Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Options
    Weigh in day

PW 163.7 (i think)
    CW- 163.3

I would like to drop to the lower end of my maintenance range really. Ive been trying to earn google heart points this week, ive earned around 78 so far with extra walking. Pilates is going well too.
  • Jesi1011
    Jesi1011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Jesi1011

PW: 195.8
    CW: 193

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

PW: 153, or there about
    CW: 165.2

Welcome back? Thursday or Friday weigh in? Also, what was your weight last week as we will use that as your starting weight for January?

Sorry, Linda. It's taking me a minute to get back in the swing of things. Friday is a good weigh-in day. On, 10/28/22, my weight was 152.6. I went back to my feed and looked, and gave you the estimate on, 1/6/23, of 153. I had not weighed myself since, 10/28/22... Today, Friday, 1/13/23, information follows. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Friday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 165.2
    CW: 164
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Jesi1011 wrote: »
    Jesi1011

Great loss!
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    inshapeCK
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 157.9 pounds
    CW (Current Weight): 156.4 pounds

Lost 1.5 pounds since last Saturday. Happy for the loss but I am well aware that a good amount of the loss is because I haven't been able to eat much this past week since I have been having a new health problem, possibly related to hiatus hernia. No matter what I ate it led to hiccuping and burping and sometimes a sensation or burning in throat and/or middle of chest so I haven't wanted to eat and I lessened the amount I ate and I was trying to cut out a lot of foods that might make it worse so I had less options of what to eat. I will have to work hard this week to keep the weight off but at this point, since I am still dealing with the problem, I will likely still be eating pretty plain and I will only be slowly re-introducing some more foods so hopefully I can achieve a maintain next week or even another loss. Down 13.7 pounds from my highest weight ever. Still have 26.4 pounds to lose to achieve my goal weight of 130 pounds. Sigh. Slow and steady wins the race. My biggest problem is I just lose and regain the same weight over and over again so hoping that this time when I lose the weight I will keep it off for good as I've been at this on and off for almost 20 years.

@lindamtuck2018
    How are you feeling?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Friday weigh in
    PW 177
    CW 177.8
    SW 173
    We have 3 different sets of company and are eating out all week. I don't really feel like I'm overeating - I hope that doesn't mean I'm getting used to larger quantities!!! I think there is magic things in restaurant food that adds pounds.

I think restaurant food is cooked with more oils, butter, fat, etc than we would at home. Also, you get a lot of added sodium.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Weigh in day

PW 163.7 (i think)
    CW- 163.3

I would like to drop to the lower end of my maintenance range really. Ive been trying to earn google heart points this week, ive earned around 78 so far with extra walking. Pilates is going well too.

Nice loss! What are google heart points?

Jesi1011 wrote: »
    Jesi1011

Awesome loss! Any changes you have made so far this month th help with the weight loss?

@lindamtuck2018

PW: 153, or there about
    CW: 165.2

Welcome back? Thursday or Friday weigh in? Also, what was your weight last week as we will use that as your starting weight for January?

Sorry, Linda. It's taking me a minute to get back in the swing of things. Friday is a good weigh-in day. On, 10/28/22, my weight was 152.6. I went back to my feed and looked, and gave you the estimate on, 1/6/23, of 153. I had not weighed myself since, 10/28/22... Today, Friday, 1/13/23, information follows. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Friday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 165.2
    CW: 164

Ok, I will get you situated on the spreadsheet. Nice loss!
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    inshapeCK
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 157.9 pounds
    CW (Current Weight): 156.4 pounds

Lost 1.5 pounds since last Saturday. Happy for the loss but I am well aware that a good amount of the loss is because I haven't been able to eat much this past week since I have been having a new health problem, possibly related to hiatus hernia. No matter what I ate it led to hiccuping and burping and sometimes a sensation or burning in throat and/or middle of chest so I haven't wanted to eat and I lessened the amount I ate and I was trying to cut out a lot of foods that might make it worse so I had less options of what to eat. I will have to work hard this week to keep the weight off but at this point, since I am still dealing with the problem, I will likely still be eating pretty plain and I will only be slowly re-introducing some more foods so hopefully I can achieve a maintain next week or even another loss. Down 13.7 pounds from my highest weight ever. Still have 26.4 pounds to lose to achieve my goal weight of 130 pounds. Sigh. Slow and steady wins the race. My biggest problem is I just lose and regain the same weight over and over again so hoping that this time when I lose the weight I will keep it off for good as I've been at this on and off for almost 20 years.

@lindamtuck2018
    How are you feeling?

Great loss! I hope the burning goes away. Feeling a bit better. Still have a sinus headache and pressure.

• lindamtuck2018
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Steps: 3,634
    Sleep:✔️✔️❌✔️✔️✔️
    Log food: ✔️✔️❌✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise: ✔️✔️✔️

I was short steps when I went to put my watch on charge so I did a few loops around the apartment to get to my step goal. I still have a sinus headache and pressure. I might go to the pool this afternoon if it eases off a bit.

What are your Saturday fitness plans?
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Steps: 3,634
    Sleep:✔️✔️❌✔️✔️✔️
    Log food: ✔️✔️❌✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise: ✔️✔️✔️

I was short steps when I went to put my watch on charge so I did a few loops around the apartment to get to my step goal. I still have a sinus headache and pressure. I might go to the pool this afternoon if it eases off a bit.

What are your Saturday fitness plans?

@lindamtuck2018 hope your headache goes away!

I am headed to bodypump class soon- still sore from class on Thursday! Then grocery store for weekly shopping since it is supposed to snow tomorrow. Also have an appointment tonight for a soak and massage at a day spa in Albuquerque.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 150.8
    CW 150.2

Got back from the east coast on Tuesday night. It is so hard to stay on track when traveling and dealing with a lot of family stress. My mom is finally out of the hospital and in a rehab facility. My step mother is very sick (cancer) and has been in the hospital since 12/28. It is so hard watching your parents get old. I am sure I will have to go back again soon to deal with more family issues.
  • Running4Bipolar
    Running4Bipolar Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Tessita_07 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

SW: 237.8lbs
    CW: 232.4lbs

Fantastic loss! Anything you did in particular this week that helped with the loss? [/

@lindamtuck2018

I have been running 3x, strength training 1x, walk 1x, cross training 1x and 1x rest day. This is prep for my half marathon training.

Nutrition wise I have tracking my calories on MyFitnessPal. Weighing out my food. Still allowing some treats, but in moderation. I still have one day I can enjoy myself at the end of the week. If I eat out with my family I choose options they better for me. Also aiming to drink 9 cups of water. I have a 150g protein goal, but don’t always meet that each day.
  • Running4Bipolar
    Running4Bipolar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Wow, Fantastic loss!

@Slimmersixties

Thank you. Nice to be losing a bit instead of gaining.

• LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    LMK02020
    Saturday weigh in
    PW:127.3
    CW:126.9
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 150.8
    CW 150.2

Got back from the east coast on Tuesday night. It is so hard to stay on track when traveling and dealing with a lot of family stress. My mom is finally out of the hospital and in a rehab facility. My step mother is very sick (cancer) and has been in the hospital since 12/28. It is so hard watching your parents get old. I am sure I will have to go back again soon to deal with more family issues.

Well done! You lost even while dealing with the stressful situation. Glad your Mom is out of hospital. It is hard watching them get old. My parents and father in law live in a different province. They are all in there 80’s. My father-in-law fell not that long ago but thankfully didn’t break anything. We finally got him to switch to a walker from a cane.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Fantastic loss! Anything you did in particular this week that helped with the loss? [/

@lindamtuck2018

I have been running 3x, strength training 1x, walk 1x, cross training 1x and 1x rest day. This is prep for my half marathon training.

Nutrition wise I have tracking my calories on MyFitnessPal. Weighing out my food. Still allowing some treats, but in moderation. I still have one day I can enjoy myself at the end of the week. If I eat out with my family I choose options they better for me. Also aiming to drink 9 cups of water. I have a 150g protein goal, but don’t always meet that each day.

I think it is important to allow a treat. We need to find a balance when losing weight. I go out for dinner once a week. I am aiming to make good choices each week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    LMK02020
    Saturday weigh in
    PW:127.3
    CW:126.9

Nice loss!
  • Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018, hi, you can earn google heart points on the google fit app by doing any activity that increases your heart rate such as brisk walking or cycling. The aim is to get 150 per week.
  • Jesi1011
    Jesi1011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    On to week 3!
    Other than this past Thursday and Friday; I have stuck to logging everything, eating right (no fast food/eating out) and walking 30-45mins each evening.

Thursday and Friday we had unexpected car shopping to do and ended up getting fast food and Friday was a lunch date with hubby at a restaurant. It’s nice to know that I can “go off track” but be motivated enough to get right back on track today.

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    Here's your link for next week's Group Challenge. Hope you'll join us for a new all-inclusive BINGO game! Hope to see you there--starts Sunday, Jan 15th!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10881987/january-week-3-group-challenge-bingo#latest

Jessica
This discussion has been closed.