TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    I know I haven't logged a weigh in in a while. But I do weigh every day. The scale and app spoiled me to "just log later" which hasnt happened. Starting off June with a bit late but still wk 1 weigh in.

WEIGH IN Wednesdays
    Username: sandkp
    June week 1
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 219
    CW: 216.0

Since I am spending the night sitting with mom at the ER I have had down time when she naps and caught up on my logging of my weight. Good news.. while we have been here since 930
    mom is okay from her fall - all scans are good. bad news we got that good news about 2am but have to wait on transport back to nursing home so probably be here all night as they expect a morning transport. Been a while since mom and I pulled an all nighter 😅 finding the good where I can.

Other good/bad news... hurt my back early this week/last weekend... stopped and rested for days and it finally felt better yesterday. Guess whose back is killing her after leaning over this bed keeping her hands from pulling iv and other things out all night?? Guessing I am going to grad parties with no sleep and looking and moving like I am older than dirt tomorrow.

So sorry for your mom’s fall and your back injury and having to be in the ER all night. Thankful for her good scans! It’s always scary when a loved one falls. I pray your back heals soon and you can enjoy your grad parties! ❤️🙏🏻 Great job on the scale 👏🏻
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @Tomsgal1985 I am with you... my home is also never company ready! I have committed to a Father's Day BBQ at my house; The primary reason is to celebrate my dad, and my husband's dad. The secondary reason is to be forced to clean!

The endocrinologist may or may not give you good news, but he will give you guidance and instructions for moving forward. Moving forward is always a good thing!

Sorry that your older son is having some issues. It doesn't matter how old our children get, they are still our children and we worry, even if we can't physically help them. Well done on not reaching for the sugar.

And I am hoping that your two pound loss on the scales this morning did give you a moment to smile! Well done!

Thanks for your kind encouragement! I pray your BBQ goes well. My brother will be here in about 6.5 hours and I will have to be satisfied with what I get done today. I have made some progress, thank the Lord.

My endocrinologist appointment went better than I’d expected 😊 My labs were mostly decent and my CT scan was ok. Very thankful for that. I asked for three months to take my meds regularly and really work on diet and exercise. I go back September 5. We are going to visit my in-laws July 20 & I’m hoping to get several pounds off by then even.

Have a great weekend! ☀️

@DaffyGirl88, thank you also & great job on your ONE cookie 👏🏻

• Tomsgal1985
    edited June 2023
    Options
    g878xx4302cf.jpeg
    My brother is coming down for this cutie’s 3rd birthday! I’m so excited to see my niece & her family. They live in North Carolina and are in Florida visiting her in-laws 💕
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Friday 9 June
    Track: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes

I "think" I logged everything and am just a little over, thanks to all the exercise I did trying to get caught up on GoT. Today's a different story since with company here my exercise time is limited. Will try my best. Have a great day everyone!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @sandkp glad your mom's doing well LOLed at the "all nighter" comment. 😂 Way to keep a positive attitude.

@Tomsgal1985 glad your doctor went well, you'll knock it out of the park at your visit in September. Enjoy the weekend with your family.

My niece and her BF are here for the weekend so will be mostly offline but will check in tomorrow.

Enjoy the day!! 🌞
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    My weight is stuck in murky, stagnant water.

I have gained and lost the same two pounds for six weeks. I knew this was going to happen when I reached 375, because every time I get to that weight I stop losing. The first 80 pounds were so easy. But now I have to change my mindset and habits. I’m starting to lose momentum. Still searching for my mojo.

Crossroads are real. Either I come out on the other side continuing this journey, or I stop and gain. I’ve always chosen the latter. I’m trying really hard not to choose that road again.

First step: join the community pool for exercise. Water is my friend. We go way back. ☺️
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @therealbluenote Don't you dare give up now! I will drive to St Louis myself and smack you!! You have worked very hard and come so far. We all get stuck periodically, and sometimes just need a mental break from tracking and what not, but don't you quit!

The pool sounds like a wonderful idea. I went yesterday myself. My problem is that I just sat on the lounge drinking fruity umbrella drinks. 😁🍹

Happy Sunday y'all!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Saturday 10 June
    Track: no
    Under: no, see the aforementioned 🍹
    Exercise: yes
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @sandkp glad your mom's doing well LOLed at the "all nighter" comment. 😂 Way to keep a positive attitude.

@Tomsgal1985 glad your doctor went well, you'll knock it out of the park at your visit in September. Enjoy the weekend with your family.

My niece and her BF are here for the weekend so will be mostly offline but will check in tomorrow.

Enjoy the day!! 🌞

Thank you, @DaffyGirl88
    I wobbled just a bit at the birthday party, but I turned down cake & ice cream🤓 So great to be with family! 💕🥳 Pray you had a good visit with your niece & her BF 😊
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    My weight is stuck in murky, stagnant water.

I have gained and lost the same two pounds for six weeks. I knew this was going to happen when I reached 375, because every time I get to that weight I stop losing. The first 80 pounds were so easy. But now I have to change my mindset and habits. I’m starting to lose momentum. Still searching for my mojo.

Crossroads are real. Either I come out on the other side continuing this journey, or I stop and gain. I’ve always chosen the latter. I’m trying really hard not to choose that road again.

First step: join the community pool for exercise. Water is my friend. We go way back. ☺️

You can do this and I am praying for you! Water movement is so refreshing and fun. Please choose yourself! I know you will do the best thing and we’ll be here cheering you on! ❤️😊📣
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Dheliason
    PW: 155.7
    CW: 153.8
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    dheliason wrote: »
    Dheliason

Nice loss!!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    I went to another wedding shower for my nephew's fiancee on Saturday. I didn't go crazy, but it did get me out of my routine. I was not going to have much, or anything for supper, but I ended up eating two of my husband's Popeye's chicken strips. (He was comped three extra strips for a slow kitchen). Then I had a cupcake that I brought home from the shower. I was only going to bring two things of dessert home for my husband, but the hostess gave me a full plate because she had so much left over. After my husband went to bed, I got into his corn chips and his cheese curds. That was the most concerning of all. I don't really like corn chips and I don't feel great when I eat too much cheese (I guess no one really does), so my choosing them is a behaviour that needs to be changed. A little bit of the same behaviour on Sunday, but overall fewer calories. I was also feeling a bit sorry for myself as my knee was quite sore...so much for "feeling a bit better"! On the flip side, I have a bit of an external motivator now. At the shower, the three of us were talking, and my SIL told my MIL that she needs to lose a few more pounds to make her dress fit better and my MIL said that she had noticed that she had lost a few. No one has noticed my weight loss. To be fair, I am wearing the exact same clothes still and they are not fitted and I have only lost roughly 13 pounds. I think the number "they" say that others start to notice your loss is higher than that, but my motivator is a notice from my MIL!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @dheliason Well done on your weigh-in!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I didn't log in yesterday as my husband was home all day, which was very nice, but I am ready to get back into my MFP routine! Hope everyone has a great week!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    I wrote a great big post and accidently turned my phone slightly and lost it all.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    I wrote a great big post and accidently turned my phone slightly and lost it all.

Geez, I HATE that!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »

So sorry!! 😢 I enjoy your updates. Hugs 🤗
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    dheliason wrote: »
    Dheliason

Woohoo! 🥳
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited June 2023
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    I went to another wedding shower for my nephew's fiancee on Saturday. I didn't go crazy, but it did get me out of my routine. I was not going to have much, or anything for supper, but I ended up eating two of my husband's Popeye's chicken strips. (He was comped three extra strips for a slow kitchen). Then I had a cupcake that I brought home from the shower. I was only going to bring two things of dessert home for my husband, but the hostess gave me a full plate because she had so much left over. After my husband went to bed, I got into his corn chips and his cheese curds. That was the most concerning of all. I don't really like corn chips and I don't feel great when I eat too much cheese (I guess no one really does), so my choosing them is a behaviour that needs to be changed. A little bit of the same behaviour on Sunday, but overall fewer calories. I was also feeling a bit sorry for myself as my knee was quite sore...so much for "feeling a bit better"! On the flip side, I have a bit of an external motivator now. At the shower, the three of us were talking, and my SIL told my MIL that she needs to lose a few more pounds to make her dress fit better and my MIL said that she had noticed that she had lost a few. No one has noticed my weight loss. To be fair, I am wearing the exact same clothes still and they are not fitted and I have only lost roughly 13 pounds. I think the number "they" say that others start to notice your loss is higher than that, but my motivator is a notice from my MIL!!

Having sweets in the house is so challenging! Actually, having anything like chips in the house is my downfall. I had some treats in the house for my brother’s visit (which went great, by the way!), but I did mostly okay with food. At my great-niece’s birthday party, I declined cake & ice cream. I did have about seven M&Ms and a couple servings of potato chips. I hope your MIL encourages you soon on your hard work! It is nice when someone notices! 🥰