TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    We haven't heard from @maryphum or @therealbluenote for a while. Are you ladies still with us? Is everything all right?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I forgot to mention a couple of NSV's from last week. I was at work most of Thursday afternoon. Usually when that happens, I just pick up subs or order a pizza for dinner. My husband said he felt like pizza. I told him that was fine, I would get a pizza, as long as he was okay with having pizza two nights in a row. I told him I would not be having any and there would be leftovers. He was. I ordered and picked up the pizza and had none! Friday was National Doughnut Day. There were donuts at work from the bakery. At the end of the day when most people had already gone home, there were still three donuts left. I could have easily had one, but I didn't. I just know that if I have something that decadently sweet it will make me want more of the same. I will fit the calories from a slice of pizza and/or a donut into my day at some point in the future, just not at this early stage of my journey.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    I forgot to mention a couple of NSV's from last week. I was at work most of Thursday afternoon. Usually when that happens, I just pick up subs or order a pizza for dinner. My husband said he felt like pizza. I told him that was fine, I would get a pizza, as long as he was okay with having pizza two nights in a row. I told him I would not be having any and there would be leftovers. He was. I ordered and picked up the pizza and had none! Friday was National Doughnut Day. There were donuts at work from the bakery. At the end of the day when most people had already gone home, there were still three donuts left. I could have easily had one, but I didn't. I just know that if I have something that decadently sweet it will make me want more of the same. I will fit the calories from a slice of pizza and/or a donut into my day at some point in the future, just not at this early stage of my journey.

That is fantastic, Lisa. You are taking the right steps.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,706 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @HASWLRS Great NSVs!!! As for where our missing people are I'm not sure? I know Nancy (@therealbluenote) has been logging in every day. Just not coming here I guess? 🤷‍♀️😔
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I’ve been trying to at least log my food. End of the school year plus new job = so busy I don’t know if I’m coming or going. 🤪
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I’ve been trying to at least log my food. End of the school year plus new job = so busy I don’t know if I’m coming or going. 🤪

Sorry things are so crazy for you right now (hugs)
  • maryphum
    maryphum Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    We haven't heard from @maryphum or @therealbluenote for a while. Are you ladies still with us? Is everything all right?

Hi everyone.
    Sorry I haven't checked in for a few weeks. Yes, I'm still here and everything is all right. Thank you for asking. I've been maintaining my weight loss but I still want to lose at least 2 more lbs so that I maintain under my goal weight. The month of May was a very busy month with 3 trips from Tucson to Phoenix for my son's college graduation and convocations and his defense of his honors thesis. The following week my husband landed in the hospital with a bowel obstruction. That was another week of clearing my calendar and "hanging out" at the hospital. He is ok now and he's made some adjustments to his eating and medications. We have yet to incorporate regular exercise into our daily lives. That's what I'm working on now for June. I just got back into town from my TOPS convention over the weekend so now I'm ready and motivated to start exercising and get fit and healthier. TOPS is Taking Off Pounds Sensibly. It's a non-profit support group. It's cheaper that WW and more personable. Their website is tops.org if anyone is interested to see if there's a chapter in your area. I would like to continue to participate in the group and be accountable.

I received a new Amazfit GTS 4 Mini fitness tracker for Mother's Day. If anyone would like to be exercise buddies (Friends) on Amazfit, let me know. I'm not sure how to add friends but we can probably figure it out if anyone is interested.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    I have had hiccups all day long, since I woke up this morning. It's driving me mad.It's been really hard because I keep wanting to take a drink of soda or eat a cracker or anything to try to get them to go away. But I know I can't just be putting food in my mouth. So I just keep chugging water.
    I believe hiccups are contagious. So I have an aversion to being around anyone with hiccups. My proof is that my dog has also has had the hiccups all day.
    Sorry for the silly rant - it's just so annoying and hurts so dang bad.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Monday 5 June
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise yes
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @therealbluenote Glad you are still around, and totally understand being busy. We just missed your smiling face. 😁🥰

@maryphum I'm glad your husband is OK, scary!! I have hear of TOPS but didn't know they had conventions. Sounds interesting, and motivating! If you are just starting exercising please start slowly. Don't try to do too much too quickly and either injure yourself or burn out. Many of us are on StrideKick, it's an app that tracks steps etc. We'll have to check and see if the Amazfit is compatible. if so you can join us there.🚶‍♀️

@brandi_84 Ugh, hiccups are the worst!! I never thought about them being contagious though. 🤔
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Happy June everyone what a way to start off but with Good news. . . .

Praise'm Praise'm Happy Tuesday 😊
    Truly giving God the praise for another day and healing power

GOOD NEWS: had my echo procedure Thursday June 1st plus met with my Cardiologist and my heart failure effraction rate has risen from 40 to 50 meaning my heart failure is reverse!
    r9wflaj8c7lx.gif
    HALLELUJAH THANK YOU JESUS!!

ALL MY HARD WORK HAS PAID OFF.

This Week's STAR GOAL complete 5 different chair workouts plus 3 stand up regimen workouts written by my PT🤞🏾🤞🏾
    #byhisgracealone
    #workingoutathome
    #wecandothistogether
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @maryphum Sorry to hear that your husband was in the hospital, but super glad to hear that he is home now. Well done on the weight maintenance!

@brandi_84 Sorry to hear about your hiccups! I hope they went away so you could get some sleep!

@gjaholy33 That is incredibly good news! All your hard work IS paying off! Congratulations!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Monday the 5th

Logged, under by 68 calories, no formal exercise, 5,736 steps. Couldn't fall asleep last night, so we shall see how functional I am on 4 hrs 46 mins of sleep. I am going to take my dad out for lunch today, so the coffee had better be working for my two hour (round trip) drive!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Happy June everyone what a way to start off but with Good news. . . .

Praise'm Praise'm Happy Tuesday 😊
    Truly giving God the praise for another day and healing power

GOOD NEWS: had my echo procedure Thursday June 1st plus met with my Cardiologist and my heart failure effraction rate has risen from 40 to 50 meaning my heart failure is reverse!
    r9wflaj8c7lx.gif
    HALLELUJAH THANK YOU JESUS!!

ALL MY HARD WORK HAS PAID OFF.

This Week's STAR GOAL complete 5 different chair workouts plus 3 stand up regimen workouts written by my PT🤞🏾🤞🏾
    #byhisgracealone
    #workingoutathome
    #wecandothistogether

That is wonderful! I'm so glad you had such great news!!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Monday the 5th

Logged, under by 68 calories, no formal exercise, 5,736 steps. Couldn't fall asleep last night, so we shall see how functional I am on 4 hrs 46 mins of sleep. I am going to take my dad out for lunch today, so the coffee had better be working for my two hour (round trip) drive!

@HASWLRS Safe travels. Enjoy your lunch. I'm sure your dad will enjoy going out to lunch with you.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Tuesday 6 June
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise yes
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY

May 31st: 199.2
    June 7th: 197.6

I had a nice lunch with my dad, but when you go to a non-chain restaurant, you have to use the best entry you can find in the data base and then it is only a best guess scenario.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I have no News Feed this morning. Is that the same for everyone else?
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Weekly Post:
    Username: @Tomsgal1985
    Week: June Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 228.8
    Today's Weight: 226.2
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    @Tomsgal1985 No one can chastise you more than you are chastising yourself right now. Use this weekend to come up with a plan for yourself; an exercise plan and a meal plan. Make a grocery list with foods to bring into the house and another list for foods to be banished from the house. Make a list of your why's. Then start implementing the first baby steps on Monday. You can do this...one day at a time!

Thank you for caring! I’m in a tailspin this week because I’m having overnight company! I do not entertain outside of the odd meal when Tom fires up the grill. My home is never company ready. 😩 My brother is coming down for his granddaughter’s birthday party & asked if he could stay here. I’m managing to keep my food choices mostly under control, but my stress level is through the roof.

I’m also seeing my endocrinologist this morning. Probably won’t be good news & he won’t be happy with my weight.

Sorry to whine! Our older son is experiencing significant anxiety issues also and that also affects my state of mind in spite of my efforts to stay strong for him. I know eating sugar is no longer the answer for stress relief, so that’s something, I guess.

Have a great day, everyone ❤️🙏🏻