TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,697 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good morning everyone! How're y'all doing? This weekend was the first in the last few months that we neither travelled or had visitors so I took a few days to enjoy just being. Thanks to @Tomsgal1985 for keeping up the chatter. 💕.

"It's a great t, go out and be great in it!"
    - Tunde Oyeneyin
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    I wrote a great big post and accidently turned my phone slightly and lost it all.
    Hi Brandi!! If you use your browser for the community you’ll see a lot less of those little glitches. (for iPhone I use safari) Back when I was super active I would have three different “tabs” for each of my bookmarked groups, and I would always have those pages in the phone background. I only use the app for food logging(when I can get back to doing that again) I noticed even if I put my phone away I would see my drafts just sitting there!! Although I still get nervous and save my draft anyway! 5lffeb8xu9fw.png

I discovered this little trick when I figured out I have a better time uploading pictures on the full MFP website, rather than the app!

I just read about 25 pages of posts (between working and life that took about two days of reading!!) I think I’m all caught up now with you and understand that the competition aspect kind of faded off but were keeping TBBT alive! That’s so wonderful!! I sent you a Stridekick friend request. Thanks for sharing that because I
    used to always search for a way to compete against different brands of trackers. Especially now that I primarily use my apple watch now!

I’m so happy to see you guys are still “March”-ing on in June!!!
    I missed you guys!!

@HASWLRS
    @DaffyGirl88
    @brandi_84
  • chloeguo
    chloeguo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    chloeguo
    Tuesday 6/20
    PW 126.2
    CW 128
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I finally started tracking my food again today. Why, oh why, do I hate this so much? I should be thankful for such a handy app. I use Lose It. Anyway. I’m doing it.

How’s your day going?
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    Good morning everyone! How're y'all doing? This weekend was the first in the last few months that we neither travelled or had visitors so I took a few days to enjoy just being. Thanks to @Tomsgal1985 for keeping up the chatter. 💕.

"It's a great t, go out and be great in it!"
    - Tunde Oyeneyin

It’s so great to just be, isn’t it? Glad to chatter away with this bunch 🥰
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hi everyone!

@Krysless2 I'm so happy that you posted here! I was so excited to get your friend request in stridekick (and I think it was actually @cmhubbard92 who found that one!) and was hoping you'd come in here. Yes, even though the official challenge tanked we're still here. :) I've thought about you and your daughter often over the last few months and hoped that you were well. We missed you too!! <3

@Tomsgal1985 I can't believe I fat fingered that quote, 😯 Tunde would not be happy. That's what happens when you type on your phone. It SHOULD say "It's a great DAY..." sheesh 🙃

@HASWLRS Where are you? Monday has come and gone and I'm huntin' wabbits!!! 🐇

@brandi_84 but probably more @Krysless2 I never thought of using the browser, and not sure I know how?? 🤷‍♀️ Old lady here. 😁 But will definitely try it, especially the uploading pictures part. I could never upload a picture from my phone and always had to email it to myself and then upload it from my PC. It would be so cool if I could do it from my phone.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    @krysless2
    Hey ! Long time no see!

That makes more sense to use the browser. I do that to upload pictures anyway.
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    Weekly Post:
    Username: @Tomsgal1985
    Week: June Week 3
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 229.4
    Today's Weight: 228.4
    Yay! Progress 🥰
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    @krysless2 Thank you for the friend request on Stridekick! Have a wonderful day 🤗
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    @Tomsgal1985 I can't believe I fat fingered that quote, 😯 Tunde would not be happy. That's what happens when you type on your phone. It SHOULD say "It's a great DAY..." sheesh 🙃

@DaffyGirl88 No worries at all! I got the gist of it 🥰😂
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,982 Member
    Options
    I looked back at old notes from the last time I was competing with TBBT and I think I’m going to revamp the old competition. TBBT-style! Why not? I have all the spreadsheets and old announcements and I’m sure I can keep track of just us. Let me know if anyone’s interested and I’ll post the competition announcements and the MUAC explained. Either way, I’m going to go back into that daily posting mode and use the MUAC as my guide like we used to do.

I’m going to attempt to track my food today. I hesitate to say “I will” because I’m not sure if it’ll drudge up old negative feelings when I was doing it religiously and slowly getting out of control with eating and eventually quitting all together. But today …I will! We’ll see how it goes.

Again, let me know if anyone wants to compete and revamp the challenges. Even if there’s only a few of us, I’d still like to do it.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10892862/just-give-me-10-days-round-227#latest
    Here’s the link for the other challenge that someone here recommended long ago. (Probably Christine.. lol)
    They’re still kicking it over there! And it’s helped me get back on track these last few weeks.

Wonder how Christine is doing. Has anyone talked to her?
    And Jenn. I saw her posting in here and I miss her terribly!!
    @JbeanR0212
    @cmhubbard92

Current Weight: 171
    Prev Weights:
    June 2023 SW: 178
    ~ Went off the grid or some might say-Off the deep end!!
    Aug2022 SW: 156.3
    Jan2022 SW: 164
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    I looked back at old notes from the last time I was competing with TBBT and I think I’m going to revamp the old competition. TBBT-style! Why not? I have all the spreadsheets and old announcements and I’m sure I can keep track of just us. Let me know if anyone’s interested and I’ll post the competition announcements and the MUAC explained. Either way, I’m going to go back into that daily posting mode and use the MUAC as my guide like we used to do.

I’m going to attempt to track my food today. I hesitate to say “I will” because I’m not sure if it’ll drudge up old negative feelings when I was doing it religiously and slowly getting out of control with eating and eventually quitting all together. But today …I will! We’ll see how it goes.

Again, let me know if anyone wants to compete and revamp the challenges. Even if there’s only a few of us, I’d still like to do it.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10892862/just-give-me-10-days-round-227#latest
    Here’s the link for the other challenge that someone here recommended long ago. (Probably Christine.. lol)
    They’re still kicking it over there! And it’s helped me get back on track these last few weeks.

@JbeanR0212
    @cmhubbard92

Current Weight: 171
    Prev Weights:
    June 2023 SW: 178
    ~ Went off the grid or some might say-Off the deep end!!
    Aug2022 SW: 156.3
    Jan2022 SW: 164

That would be WONDERFUL! I kept recreating the spreadsheet that you made and who knows, you may have edit capabilities to it still. LOL But I was nere able to keep it up all by myself. :( When I click on Share it says that you, Christine and Ashley all have edit permissions. :-)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PvV37I8Q2YWFQUVll93T6khz-dBzyUBubXbqsaPZSIQ/edit?usp=sharing
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    @krysless2
    Hey ! Long time no see!

That makes more sense to use the browser. I do that to upload pictures anyway.

I have tried this a dozen times and every time I do it kicks me over to the app. :s
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @Krysless2

@JbeanR0212
    @cmhubbard92

I haven't talked with Christine but I know that she is still involved in the GoT challenge. As for Jenn, she asked about you several times after she came out of the coma and was back online. That's a sad story there, but she was doing much better with rehab etc. She hasn't been online in a few weeks though.

I don't believe you've met Nancy (aka @therealbluenote ) she belonged to one of the other BL teams but was lurking in our threads. She decided that we were more fun and asked to join us. <3 She's a hoot!
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    @Krysless2 Hello! I think we met way back in the day when I first started. I’m in!
    How did you crawl up into my mind with this statement that perfectly reflects what I’m currently going through??? 😣
    r27brvmqaows.jpeg
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Wednesday 21 June
    Track: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes

More rain 🌧️☔ today 😞
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of reading to do to get caught up on myfitnesspal, but I am back. I am three days late as it is Thursday, not Monday, but better late than never, as they say. I was overwhelmed with what I had to do to get the house ready for Father's Day (10 people for a barbecue) and when I am overwhelmed at home I eat. It's not what I need to do but I need to be doing something, so I eat. This very effective avoidance technique is EXACTLY the reason I am in this overweight, excuse me, Obese, boat! Going to a wedding shower on Saturday and getting out of my routine was a small part of it, and also my knee still being really sore, but it was predominantly my feeling of mental overload that did me in. And once started down that road it is very, very difficult to make a u-turn. And just for context, it was completely my idea to host this gathering. My dad is 87 and in a retirement home for just over a year. Mom passed away in November and Dad is so bored. He still drives, but he has nowhere to go. I needed to get him out of there and when my sister wasn't considering hosting something at her house, but visiting him instead, I took the bull by the horns.

WEDNESDAY WEIGH-IN

First order of business is to get back to Onederland!!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    I have just finished reading through all of the posts that I missed. It is mentally hard to bring myself to come back to the keyboard after having been away, as the process of getting caught up seems overwhelming. But I always feel so much better when I do, because the posts are thoughtful and encouraging and welcoming. So, thank you!

Welcome back @Krysless2! It is great to see you! And yes, I am up for any form of the old TBBT challenge that you create! I accepted your Stridekick friend request, but I am not currently doing any challenges. My knee is injured, somehow. I finally realized that it is not just going to "get better" so I phoned on Friday the 16th for a doctor's appointment. I can get in to see him almost three weeks later, on July 5th. Free Canadian health care is a great idea in theory, and for years it was great, but the system is broken. We do not currently have enough doctors and nurses, etc for our growing population.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Thursday 22 June
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Weigh in
    PW: 147
    CW: 147
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @HASWLRS the system isn't much better here and we have the privilege of paying through the nose for it. My doctor is so booked up that I only see him once a year for my physical. Anything else I have to go to urgent care. 😕

And the vet isn't much better. My dog started limping a week ago, I called the vet and they are booked through the end of July. They recommend the emergency vet. Done that before and it was $$$$ 😯 It doesn't seem to be an emergency, I've examined it several times and she didn't try to pull it back at all. It doesn't seem to hurt if you touch it, she even had her nails trimmed the other day with no problem. 🤷‍♀️ Just randomly limping. Maybe it's just her age? She's 16. I mean I get it, I'm 62 and I randomly limp too. 😂