Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Mon 06/26: 175.2lbs;+1.7lbs
    ~ This was to be expected
    Sun 06/25: 173.5lbs;+0lbs
    ~ My Watch-party was a success. Not sure about the show anymore but we made the best of it. I did so well with food until the very end of the night when I felt the need to absorb some of the alcohol I consumed🫤 oh well! Today is looking like a replica of yesterday so I’m thinking my weight is going to be up again tomorrow. Only thing I can look forward to on Mondays -normalcy

Not that it matters because I don't watch much TV, but what show were you watching? :)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Good morning, TBBT! I am not close to where I need to be mentally, but if I keep "fakin'" it, I will eventually "make" it! Thank you all for the kind words! I went to another bridal shower for my nephew's fiancee on Saturday. This one was smaller, more laid back and involved mimosas. Lots of mimosas! I have nothing until the wedding on July 15th, so maybe I can get back into some sort of groove. Yes, there is a long weekend coming up, but we have no plans. And I weigh the same as what I did last Wednesday, so no gain at this point is actually a good thing!

@cmhubbard92 So great to see you here again!

@Krysless2 My knee is definitely getting me down, and it also affects my sleep sometimes as the throbbing makes it hard to stay unconscious! However, this is the OTHER knee! I tore my ACL in my right knee in November 2020, after seven months of being active and losing weight. This time it was maybe a couple of months of being active and losing weight when my left knee took a dive. No tell-tale "popping" sound, but maybe this was a quiet tear. Who knows.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 You mentioned that we may have lost @plummerbecky1. We may also have lost @murdog3t. Tami hasn't logged in for three weeks. I hope everything's okay. Wasn't she taking her mom back home to Washington State last time we heard from her? And I also noticed that Ashley also logged in today for the first time in four months. Not saying she is coming back, but she has checked in.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I am ready to regain control of myself and am focusing on that starting now. I can't make promises that I will actively be in the community, but I am going to get myself back on track.

We miss you too!!
    I just ran across this quote and thought of all of us, but particularly what you said here.
    srkb1nvmuwub.jpeg

I was where you were Christine.
    I kept pushing it off because I didn’t feel that I was 💯 ready to come back. And the more days that passed, the more pressure I put on myself. Until I just avoided MFP all together.

Don’t feel that you have to always come back and be the perfect motivational speaker either(although you really are good at that! ;-) ) Just come back daily and read these guys comments for a little while, or check in daily with a simple comment like “struggled with this today”.. Or “I did that well today”.

I think you, me and I believe also that Lisa and Brandi all do this. @brandi_84 @HASWLRS but correct me if I’m wrong. We all feel the need when we’re here that we need to be the best cheerleader and motivator and sometimes we just can’t be all that and it doesn’t have to be all or nothing with this group. We don’t have to be perfect.

I believe we’ll all climb out of that negative place a bit better using baby steps rather than jumping 10 steps at a time.
  • HASWLRS
    Options

I am ready to regain control of myself and am focusing on that starting now. I can't make promises that I will actively be in the community, but I am going to get myself back on track.

We miss you too!!
    I just ran across this quote and thought of all of us, but particularly what you said here.
    srkb1nvmuwub.jpeg

I was where you were Christine.
    I kept pushing it off because I didn’t feel that I was 💯 ready to come back. And the more days that passed, the more pressure I put on myself. Until I just avoided MFP all together.

Don’t feel that you have to always come back and be the perfect motivational speaker either(although you really are good at that! ;-) ) Just come back daily and read these guys comments for a little while, or check in daily with a simple comment like “struggled with this today”.. Or “I did that well today”.

I think you, me and I believe also that Lisa and Brandi all do this. @brandi_84 @HASWLRS but correct me if I’m wrong. We all feel the need when we’re here that we need to be the best cheerleader and motivator and sometimes we just can’t be all that and it doesn’t have to be all or nothing with this group We don’t have to be perfect.

I believe we’ll all climb out of that negative place a bit better using baby steps rather than jumping 10 steps at a time.

@Krysless2 You are bang on!! This is me EXACTLY!! And then it becomes an infinite loop. I avoid MFP because I am not in a positive head space, then I become anxious about needing/wanting to return and the negative head space continues to grow!

• Krysless2
    Options
    Not that it matters because I don't watch much TV, but what show were you watching? :)

It’s a spin off of Sex and the City called “And Just Like That”
  • HASWLRS
    Options

It’s a spin off of Sex and the City called “And Just Like That”

@Krysless2 It sounds like you are not a fan, either? I watched the original Sex and the City series, but after the fact because HBO was not available in Canada when it first came out, I don't think. And I watched it on a channel that took out the F-bombs. Not that I am opposed, but they don't always make the dialogue better. I started watching And Just Like That in the first season, but I stopped. I didn't care for it anymore.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Popping in here for a mental victory but had to chat about the spin off of Sex and the City. Loved loved loved the original series.. my dd as a teen / in college got the whole set on dvd. All the movies too. While I am partial to the original and don't like some of the roads the spin off is taking us, I will still watch every dang minute of it. (Miss Steve and Big!) I havent started the second season of it yet. I tend to save it up and binge watch the ones I really want. Kind of like Intermittent fasting for my tv I guess 😅 it also gives another thing to discuss with dd when the family is together and we are surrounded by boy talk!

Now back to my mental success. In the process of planning a baby shower for dd and am taking on most of the food and dessert making myself and doing a lot of the planning for decorations, i spent today in the kitchen trying out cupcake and icing recipe. I made my grandmothers homemade devils food cake and tweeked it with reeses and made chocolate and peanut butter icing. Sent 4 home with dd to try the variations and have others here I am waiting on the guys to eat (and cut in half first so i can see what the inside is like) i have stared and teste tested the icing but havent dug into anything yet. Wish me luck as I have to test kitchen for key lime and lemon blueberry still. 🤪

Here is a peek at a couple of them. Excuse some of the decorations as I was also trying a couple techniques to see what I wanted to do.

9ht5gnbmbcfz.jpg
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Monday(Wk5; Day 2)
    • Track / Under / 20minExercise ?
      Yes / Yes / Yes
    • NetCalories: 1191
    • NetCarbs: 15
    • Steps: 5325
    As of Day 2:
    • Net Calories (3435 / 10500)
      ✖️✔️🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
      = Daily Avg: 1717(Goal: 1500)
    • Net Carbs (130 / 700)
      ✖️✔️🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
      = Daily Avg: 65 (Goal: 100)
    • Steps (13628 / 70000)
      ✖️✔️🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
      = Daily Avg: 6814 (Goal: 10000)
    • MUAC: 1 / 7 Days
      ✖️✔️🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘

Going back to my old ways and meticulously tracking all the above ^^
    Here’s hoping for a better week with a little more structure (I love how serious I try to be when there’s no weekend temptations in front of me😂) Oh well
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Monday 26 June
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    https://link.stridekick.com/join?groupCode=R4YKEG

If you’re on Stridekick, please join in 🤗
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88
    My daughter is doing great btw! You know how they say time heals all wounds? That’s what she needed was a whole bunch of time to go through the stages of grief over the loss of her friend. She’s graduated now! @brandi_84 can you believe we’re parents of high school graduates?! Feels strange not to be in Kansas anymore Toto!

f7xkjc51bvxy.jpeg

t0slpcecg6o9.jpeg

Your daughter is so beautiful!! You are, too! Congratulations to all of you 🎓🎉🥳🤗
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited June 2023
    Options

Speaking of Stridekick are y'all getting weird friend requests? 🤷‍♀️🤔

ETA: and if you are NOT on it, get on it already!! 😂😂
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options

Speaking of Stridekick are y'all getting weird friend requests? 🤷‍♀️🤔

ETA: and if you are NOT on it, get on it already!! 😂😂

Yes, I've been getting weird friend requests.
  • Krysless2
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 not yet Sue!

But on the Stridekick subject; am I in the right challenge?? @Tomsgal1985
    ep1ill7t4fux.jpeg
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options

I get an error when I click that link 🤷‍♀️
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 not yet Sue!

But on the Stridekick subject; am I in the right challenge?? @Tomsgal1985
    ep1ill7t4fux.jpeg

I can't seem to get to that challenge 😞
  • chloeguo
    chloeguo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    chloeguo
    Tuesday 6/27
    PW 128
    CW 128
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Tuesday 28 June
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Happy Hump Day 🐪🐫
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    Weekly Post:
    Username: @Tomsgal1985
    Week: June Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 228.4
    Today's Weight: 226.6
    I am up a pound from Monday, but I’m down from last week. I’ll take it!