Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Replies

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,812 Member
    0fr3cezbwe3v.png
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,068 Member
    Rabbit, Rabbit wishing all who read this luck for July.
    Insight Timer Quote: Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.—Lao Tzu
    I AM: I tune out the outside world and listen to what my soul is saying.
    Action for Happiness: Take a small step to help overcome a problem or worry.
    Happy Canada Day to all our friends and family up north.
    Happy National Postal Workers Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.—Jesse Owens
    Day 182 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.64 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM so getting in my 45 min walk before breakfast, 45 min walk after breakfast, Pliability: Full Body before work and 60 min walk this afternoon at work.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,261 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain, I always remind myself when I overdo like that "OH! I EARNED this pain!" in a very good way!! Hey you worked hard!! It's awesome!! I try to think someday I can work out well again, and get some of those muscles back!! On the Step challenge on the PS4L team (many have one) I started at 2,100 steps a day and that WAS a challenge for me (it's so low for many, but it wasn't for me!) I am now at 3,800 and come the summah challenge it'll be 4,000 a day!! BUT right now I am around 4500 or more a day!! YO!!! I don't know if I can maintain that. I know we both have fibro, and I have so much more, I slowly started to add more to my steps. I am often so tired I totally CRASH, but I still try hard. Of course, i am not working and probably can't again. Actually I've taken my retirement now.
    @Kurtize, and WOOHOO July will be so much FUN!! OFF WE'LL BE AGAIN on another challenge! MY FIRST in 13 years as a regular member!! I am thinking "What havoc can I create?" LOLOLOLOLOL Hey!! GF!! TY for helping to make this happen!! I have 100% confidence in you all!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,934 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today Joe starts in person at his new job. He will be at the main hospital today and that is only 27 minutes from home. So not too bad. I am hoping to get a job offer today. It would be nice if I did. I really need one and soon.

@Kurtize - Thank you. I really hope July is an amazing month for everyone.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I had that fibro exhaustion yesterday. I ended up having to take a nap because I just could not focus or stay awake. I still have a headache today from being so exhausted. Hard thing is I take a migraine medication that is supposed to stop the headaches because I get them alot. So I am not sure if I need a med adjustment or not. The headaches sit right behind my right eye. Just like my migraines. I also get maybe 3000-4000 steps a day. So I get it.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.—William Faulkner
    I AM: I am strong and capable. I’ve achieved plenty. I can relax my efforts.
    Action for Happiness: Adopt a growth mindset. Change “I can’t” into “I can’t yet.”
    Happy World UFO Day!!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.—Mahatama Gandhi
    Day 183 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.11 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM but have a hair appointment at 8:15 so getting my day started with a 45 min walk before breakfast, Hypertrophy Squat Day in the gym, Pliability: Lower Body later this evening and 60 min walk before coming home from work.
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,950 Member
    Good morning everyone!
    I'm working hard and trying to keep hydrated. This week is my fouth for drinking 100 oz a day.
    :)
  • Kurtize
    Good afternoon, happy Tuesday. I started a new walk with the Conqueror Challenge virtual walks, North Coast 500 . Here is linkhttps://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891931/joyces-walking-adventures#latest
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain Did Joe enjoy the job today? I hope you find one soon also. It'll take off the stress you are under. I have at least a double, or more so triple BAMBO with the exhaustion, I've learned it happens, and I have the luxury of honoring it. Of course either or both Izzy and Oscar do encourage a nap. LOL THE BUMS!! They are both experts at it (being cats and all!). It does help me to honor it or the next day(s) will be worse. So sorry about the migraines had them for awhile they are the PITS!!! Ocular ones more so!
    @Aalley5, careful with to much water, but if you are at all thirsty it's a good gauge. Of course when we are thirsty we are already a tiny bit dehydrated, but at that point it's easy enough to correct. The color pee chart is also helpful on knowing if we need more water, I often put this up when we have the water challenge for members to know. Here it is if anyone is interested:
    r2j15vn8zi99.png
    @Kurtize, soon we'll be buying new sneakers!!
  • aalley5
    Yes, too much water is not good if the kidneys have issues. I'm good with 100 oz a day when I'm home. It's harder to do otherwise.
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and it is going to be a good day. Joe enjoyed his first in person day even though they are in a building where there are no patients. Just classrooms and the Tech building. Yesterday he started learning how to use their system. He really enjoys learning things.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Joe had a good day yesterday. I ended up napping yesterday to get rid of the headache. I honestly needed it because today so far there is no headache. It worked. My cats definitely encourage napping all the time.
    @Kurtize - I cannot wait to read the new journey.
    @aalley5 - I have a hard time drinking water no matter what. I hate the taste of plain water. Not sure why I grew up drinking from a hose, but I don't like water. So I have to add flavor.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Repetition is not failure. Ask the waves, ask the leaves, ask the wind.—Mark Nepo
    I AM: I allow my positivity and confidence to manifest great things for me and my loved ones.
    Action for Happiness: Be willing to ask for help when you need it.
    Happy Compliment your Mirror Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.—Robert Collier
    Day 184 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.68 miles yesterday.
    Off today so beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast, Bench Day in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Wrists + Shoulders this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    Good afternoon all; hope your day is going well. Kayla went to a new groomer, they did a great job. I also got my hair cut, very, very short. It rained quite a bit last night and this morning, but sun is out now and its 89 outside. The rain always cools the weather down. Tomorrow they are going to have (weather permitting), decorated golf club car parade here at the park. I saw some people have gone all out with decorations The decorations are patriotic. They are also having a pot luck. We aren't going to the pot luck. Don has a thing about eating other people's food that he doesn't know.
    Have a happy 4th those that celebrate
    ikrck00e1jjw.gif
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: The mind is like tofu. It tastes like whatever you marinate it in.—Sylvia Boorstein
    I AM: My mind is filled with peaceful and calming thoughts.
    Action for Happiness: Find something to look forward to today,
    Happy July 4th to those who celebrate.
    Pliability QOTD: Champions train, losers complain.—Unknown
    Day 185 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.08 miles yesterday.
    Work 7AM-noon so getting in my 45 min walk at work during truck unload, Overhead Press Day modified some for at home after work, Pliability: Padme this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Happy 4th of July to everyone who celebrates it. Today Joe and I will be at the Balloon Festival/Carnival all day. From 10:30 am to 11 pm. It is going to be a long long day full of walking and socializing with Joe's family. I hope that my son will make an appearance. It would be nice to see him. I ended up not getting selected for any of the 3 positions I interviewed for. They all said I interviewed extremely well and were impressed with my skill set, but went with other candidates who were more suited to the position.

@Kurtize - That is nice that you got a haircut. The decorated golf cart parade sounds fun. I agree with Don. I do not like eating food strangers have cooked at a pot luck. I am weird about that also. When Joe and I went to his parents for the first time I barely ate anything. I was afraid I wouldn't like it and offend them.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday and 4th of July.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: I went to unfold. Let no place in me hold itself closed, for where I am closed, I am false.—Rainer Maria Rilke
    I AM: I welcome all the wealth life has to offer me.
    Action for Happiness: Get the basics right: eat well, exercise and go to bed on time.
    Happy National Apple Turnover Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not the absence of failure; it’s the persistence through failure.—Aisha Tyler
    Day 186 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.67 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 45 min walk before breakfast, Speed Deadlift Day in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Ankles + Hips this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • aalley5
    Good morning!
    Yesterday I did get a lot of activities but don't think I counter acted eating so many goodies! Well, that's water under the bridge now. My DH and I went for our bicycle ride early this morning. Heat advisory for noon and beyond. A circuit workout video planned for later today.
    I've been trying to pick up my practice knitting blocks again. It was somewhat of a learning curve. But I finally managed to remember and enjoyed the process plus I didn't rip it out and start all over. I do like the pattern even with all the mistakes, which makes me want to do it all over again!
    I started the practice blocks last year before cancer diagnosis. I finally gave up when my fingers couldn't take the pain even with the cotton gloves I wore. I'm so thankful for the little things I may have taken granted for prior to having cancer.
    @Dianedoessmiles1- I'd like to save that water chart but am unable to. I had a kidney stone for months during chemo treatment. The urologist I saw explained to me how to measure my water from output. That's what I was doing and continue to do. Plus the problem with blood draws, so the color is only one part of drinking lots of water. When it's very hot and with exercise, I need to drink even more. @Tabatha_Cain, drinking other liquids also count as hydration. I do drink things with electrolytes such as Nuun daily hydration and Uqora flush. Also Gatorade zero. BTW, my kidney stone finally dissolved.
    Hopefully everyone had a safe and happy fourth!
    Have a great day!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain , SO SORRY about the intern views, that's some amazing feedback though! Usually those words are "We had to hire from within" type of thing. You are so close to finding a job!! WOW On the hard hard work you did on Tues, Weds AND THURS!!! Lots of hard work!!! WTG on that!!
    @Aalley5, if you are on your computer and run the mouse across it while holding down the right button it should highlight for you. Or you can do a search with "Urine chart to know if you drink enough water." It's great to also post on the team if one is a member or a leader (I am now a regular member! OH WHAT AN ADJUSTMENT!!!) but I've been able to REALLY PICK UP my exercise/steps!! I am so pleased with this!!
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.—Nido Qubein
    I AM: I see the good in everyone.
    Action for Happiness: Pause, breathe and feel your feet firmly on the ground.
    Happy Kissing Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Champions keep playing until they get it right.—Billie Jean King
    Day 187 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.64 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 45 min walk before breakfast, Pliability: Full Spinal this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner/before church.
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and Joe and I are watching church online and then we are heading to the last day of the Festival. I have walked so much. Yesterday I did 12,091 steps walking 5.45 miles yesterday. Boy was I tired last night and today I am hurting in my lower back and hips a bit. I will probably take it a bit easier today though.

@aalley5 - Glad you are still getting exercise with the heat warning. I wanted to try and knit. I can crochet a bit but I want to learn to knit. Way to go on dissolving that kidney stone.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I really hope I am close to getting a job. It really would be nice. I have walked so so much.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha
  • aalley5
    @Tabatha_Cain - Thank you! I hope all is going well with you!