Airport VIP Lounge Chat

1282930313234»

Replies

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,794 Member
    Today's affirmation

May your life always be Counterpoint to the Clamor of the World.
    May you delight in Dancing Lightly With Life.
    May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world.
    May you always sing Melody in the Symphony of Your Life.
    May you taste, smell, and touch your dreams of a beautiful tomorrow.
    May your sun always shine, and your sky be forever blue.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,939 Member
    @Kurtize - Love the poem!

keos4qx4km3h.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,254 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain, WOW! LOTs of walking yesterday!! WOOHOO though on that number!! Oh, no doubt you are sore, but its a soreness you've EARNED!!! Hopefully, you'll find a job soon hon!!! How did today go? I had a relaxing nice day! I was going to do more, but my body said "WANNA BET!!???" That was okay!! I relaxed and went with it, and enjoyed it.
    @Kurtize, TY TY TY TY!
    @Aalley5, LOVE IT!! Some live for the BIG MOMENTS only, and ignore the smaller moments as not as important, but they ARE!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,926 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and Joe is back to work. I am hoping that soon I will get a job. It would be nice. Today I am doordashing and taking my dog to the vet. I am hoping that they don't find anything seriously wrong with her. She has started sneezing a lot and well this weekend she sneezed and some blood came out. So I am not sure if she is just super irritated or something else is going on. I thought it was originally just allergies, but nope the Benadryl did not really seem to work. So we are taking her to the vet.

@Kurtize - Nice Poem.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Sunday went nicely. It was a decent day. I am not too sore this morning so that is good. I have Doordash scheduled for today so that should help some. I am really hoping nothing serious is going on with my dog. I love her a lot.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain , Oh I hope your doggie is okay!! Its so hard in so many ways when they are not!! My Izzy kitty has breathing issues and has since she was 3. Turns out she has herpes (they figure she got it as she was being born that her Mom was a carrier). It was so scary!! I am used to what to do for her now, my vet was TERRIFIC in helping us figure it out for her. She's now 14. Indeed our burbabies are babies to us!! Its so odd the law considers them "property" which is true if they were a cow, a donkey, but inside pets? NAHHHHHH I disagree, but hehehehehe that doesn't matter that I do. LOLOLOL
    Hope today went well with doordash!! There's a gentleman here (greater Portland Maine area, VERY TOURISTY from May through mid Oct) who has a TELSA and pays for it by doing UBER! I was shocked on that one, but he mostly in the summer time stays around the heavily populated and profitable areas. I use Uber quite often and was in the area he covers. I am in a very tourist area myself. OH MAN!! WE LOVE to have our tourists and yet, come the 3rd week of Oct, LOL WE CELEBRATE they are gone, while preparing for May again!!
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and I have a job interview this morning for a job I don't really want but it will be something temporary. So that will work, and then I am meeting with my financial advisor to roll over my 401K from AAA to my IRA I have with him. Then after that I am either going to do Door dash or instacart depending on which one is busy today. I also have to do some laundry and clean the kitchen really well. That is something that needs to get done.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - They think she just has inflammation from allergies so they gave her a Steroid and an antibiotic and told me to keep giving her the Benadryl. If she is not better in 2 weeks they want to do advanced imaging to look at her nose. Which will probably be expensive. Uber is not really big here. We have Lyft that is really big here in my town, however I don't feel safe doing that here as a couple of years ago a person pulled over on a rainy day and picked up 2 teenage boys and they murdered the person for their car. Just because, and that person just wanted to get those kids out of the rain. I could see him making enough money to pay for that Tesla in your tourist town. A lot of tourist fly in and rely on cabs or uber to get around to save money because rental cars have become really expensive.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain , How did the job interview go? Did you do doordash or instacart? I HATE paying the instacart prices for delivery!! YO!!! Last time it was 12 just to drive ONE BLOCK!! THan add in the TIP!!
    I hope kitty is okay!! Is her nose a small one? My cats (mixes usually such as Maine Coon, Persians etc) it happens all the time. I now know to expect the breathing issues, but as long as mine lungs are clear it's okay. My vet did put Izzy (short nose kitty) on a probiotic which helps her so much. Oh our babies!!! WE SURE DO love the things!!
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and well I have another job interview today. I really hope I get this job. This one will allow Joe and I to move close to where we want to move to. Tonight we have life group for Joe and I. I cannot wait to have life group tonight. It has been a whole month since we have talked to them and we are used to every other week. During the summer they went to once a month because everyone's schedule is so hectic.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I got the job. Not a job I want. It is McDonald's, but it is a job temporarily. Today I have another job interview. I hope I get this one then I don't have to take the McDonald's one. It is my puppy who has nose issues. She is a chihuahua. They think her nasal area is so swollen from allergies that that is why she sneezed blood. They put her on a steroid and antibiotic. She seems to be doing a lot better. Although she does seem to be sleeping more.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain HOPEFULLY you'll get the job you interview for on Thurs. Hey, McD's isn't all that bad!! We have a FAVORITE cashier who works the drive in window. She's an older woman who's still fast (WOW! She's in her 70s!) and just so nice. Friend of mine worked there for 20 years on and off, she liked it.
    Hope today went very well also!!

I suppose I could at some point maybe move over to the summer team chat. Maybe. LOLOL If I do I'll not comment on everyone (I stepped down as an OAL) but, it'll keep you and I, @Aalley5, @Patti241 and @Kurtize in touch still, maybe a few others I had. I'll have to decide soon!! ENJOY THE CHALLENGE!!!! You all do have a member from PS4L!
  • aalley5
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - thanks! Today I was cooking and sliced my finger. Ended up going to the ER. 4 stitches I think. Tenas shot and antibiotics! Very thankful for the nice folks work in the ER! :)
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and it is going to be a great day. Today I will be working Doordash all day. I have got to get some money earned. I start at McD's on the 17th. So that is not so bad. I should know about my job interview from yesterday tomorrow. So I should receive a phone call tomorrow in regards to if I am offered the position. It would be nice if I am. I think I did well, but we will see.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Yeah McD;s is not so bad. I did get signed up for the summer chat if you want to switch over to that. It is weird no having you as the captain of the competition this coming round.
    @aalley5 - So sorry about your trip to the ER. Stitches are no fun.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday

Tabatha
  • aalley5
    Thanks @Tabatha_Cain, no fun but a good reminder to listen to my internal voice. :) I hope you're doing well!
  • aalley5
    edited July 11
    Saw this on my Spark Friends group and had to share!
    ~ Waving Hi ~ 🙋🏼‍♀️ ~ Wishing Everyone a LOVEly BLOOMing THOUGHTfilled Thursday ~

"As you think, you travel, and as you love, you attract. You are today where your thoughts have
    brought you;
    you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you." ~ ~ ~ James Lane Allen ~ ~ ~[/b
    [/quote]pxasx358xzw0.gif[/quote]
    thanks Deb!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Aalley5, OH HON!! Please be so careful!!! OH MY!! I am glad they were very nice at the ER!! TY TY for the sunflowers picture!
    @Tabatha_Cain , Were you able to do Doordash Thurs? If so, how did it go? I hope you hear VERY SOON about the job you interviewed for. If you end up at McD's hey there's NO REAL STRESS there! No sales! And hopefully, they'll really appreciate you!! WE DO!!! I'm headed for vaca soon so I'll be on, but not on. I do have a kitty sitter, awww my babies will be SO SPOILED!! It's quite the adjustment of being a "regular" member, but I'm doing other things to feel so good about what I do. I'm making personalized cards (@Aalley5 I've been doing these for quite awhile).
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and well it is going to be a good day. I have 2 job interviews today. One is a remote position so I will be working from home and the other is about 30 minutes away. So we will see how it goes. I also should know today if I got the job I interviewed for on Wednesday.

@aalley5 - Love the quote and the sunflower picture. I hope you are feeling ok today.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I was not able to doordash yesterday. It was not hardly busy. That is true about the McDonald's job. No stress and no sales. The only downsides are the physical demand, and the not guaranteed 40 hours. She said I would be getting around 20 hours. So that stinks.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,048 Member
    Cross posting to both Airport Lounge Threads
    Insight Timer Quote: By reacting to aggression with aggression we lose the opportunity to spiritually benefit from the experience.—Kyriacos C. Markides
    I AM: I believe in my ability to achieve everything I long for.
    Action for Happiness: Write your worries down and save them for a specific ‘worry time’
    Happy Pecan Pie Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.—Carl Lewis
    Day 193 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.16 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile AM walk before breakfast, Hypertrophy Deadlift Day in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Little Benders and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain , it's a FULL TIME Job looking for a job!! YO!! Hopefully, soon you'll love where it is you'll be working. Sure at McD's the hours aren't that great, but it's a help. As they get to know you and others quit (happens a lot) you'll gain more hours and the NON Stress of making sales helps so much. LOLOL When I worked for the city of Portland whoever got the WORSE ANGEIEST Resident WON A WOOHOO reward at the end of the day. We could NOT make it worse!! We had to maintain our cool!! Otherwise hey, we'd of been without a job!! That taught me so much, some will always be upset and act out no matter what I just did what I could with them, and call for my supervisor. LOL that's why they get paid more. STILL the stories we told others (no names etc) were amusing over time. The public is always interesting. Working during covid at the grocery store was a very good experience and I WISH I felt well enough to still be there!! WEIRDLY I'd be about 21 an hour if I had. WISHING YOU THE BESTEST!!!!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,794 Member
    Hi all Happy Friday. We went shopping early, it is 98 right now and it quite warm no breeze to help and a/c has been going like crazy and we have it set at 84. @Tabatha_Cain prayers you find the job you like. Glad fur baby is doing ok hopefully feeling better in 2 weeks so their won't be added expense. Our daughter graduated yesterday from her Red Cross Class and is officially licensed Phlebotomists II. We are proud of her. She also just bought her first car. She is our youngest and has had some personal problems. Has not always chosen wisely when it came to men. Not to fond of this one either. Any way she seems to be doing well and getting up independent. Sending hugs. Hope to see you all in summer challenge. Hugs and blessings

today's Inspiration
    The simplification of life is one of the steps to inner peace. A persistent simplification will create an inner and outer well-being that places harmony in one's life. - Peace Pilgrim
  • aalley5
    Hi everyone, Today my finger and hand feel a bit better. I was able to walk in place and do some knee strengthening. As long as I held my arm close to my body.
    :)@Tabatha_Cain- sending my thoughts and positive vibes to you!
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and it is suppose to be a relax day for me. I do have a couple loads of laundry to finish this morning, but other than that it should be a good day. My mom is moving. She put a bid on a house and it was accepted. So she did ask me to possibly come over and help her pack her craft room. So that might happen today if she has boxes.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I have decided to work at McDonald's until I get something decent. Plus I am on vacation from Aug 3 to Aug 11. So that might be stopping some people from offering me a position. I can't change it though. It is a Christian Music Festival. We go every year and well the tickets and hotel are not cheap. They are also nonrefundable. So we cannot afford to lose that money.
    @Kurtize - Sorry about the heat, It is rough, I do hope my pup gets better. I do notice right now when the meds wear off she is right back to sneezing again. That is awesome that your daughter finished her program. You must be so happy for her. To be fair I had bad choices in men until Joe and I was 42 when we got together. She will figure it out. I am sure.
    @aalley5 - That is good that you were able to do some exercise. Get better soon.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday,

Tabatha