WaistAways Team Chat - August 2024

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,281 Member
    @lauren_989 the redemption week after one that was less than optimal is the best feeling eh? Way to go

@MaddawgMadsen we are going to see Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. Was a gift to my husband for his birthday. Have a fun trip!

@Neon_hippie that was an impressive week.. if you're going to focus even more on your nutrition we had best watch out.

It was a holiday yesterday so today is my first day back to work. My dad also heads home after his 6 night visit. Soccer tonight but the rain might call it off! We shall see.
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 281 Member
    @lyss983 Thank you so much for sharing that exercise program, I started looking at the other ones on there, and something like this is exactly what I need ! Simple, straightforward, no fluff. I love it. Thank You, I'm going to start with the Cardio blast 30.
  • smcewen99
    smcewen99 Posts: 46 Member
    Team,
    Heavy travel week - taking a hall pass till Sunday.
    Have swim trunks and shoes.

Be well,
    Shawn
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 311 Member
    @ashleycarole86 - That will be such a great concert!! The only song I somewhat learned how to play on the guitar is "When You Say Nothing at All." I hope you and the hubs have such a wonderful time!

I didn't do my workouts yesterday nor do I plan to do them today because I still have to do a full day at work, pack my stuff, pack the remainder of the stuff my mom forgot, and then leave VERY early tomorrow morning. If I want any amount of sleep before driving 14+ hours, I will need to forego the exercise :'( Please everyone, work out as much as you can today and tomorrow so I can live vicariously through you. I'm only sort of kidding.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,257 Member
    @MaddawgMadsen you literally say everything I was going to say! I love the Allison Kraus song when you say nothing at all!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 311 Member
    @EvMakesChanges - it sounds like the carb cycling is working well for you. Is it? Do you enjoy it? Your description of it is the most I've ever heard about it and now my interest is piqued.
  • lauren_989
    @strong_fit_ells - Ellie! That post must have been difficult to share. I am proud of you for reaching out to your dr for help and starting therapy. I have found that super helpful for me. Feel free to continue sharing and reaching out to us if you need to! 💕
  • lauren_989
    I had a perfect day today. I got in my exercise and stayed within calorie goal. Yesterday was perfect food wise, but I didn't reach my step goal. I am hoping to continue this green trend.

I also have some veggies starting to come in! I have 1 tomato and 3 peppers starting 🙂 I have a lot of pepper plants with flowers, but my tomatoes didn't do too well with the heat, just like my squash. I am thinking I may replant some squash now and see how they do.
    arxi8vkx0q8s.jpgtdfw7iz00oao.jpg
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 684 Member
    Echoing that I love Alison Krauss! I had to put on "One Good Reason" as I write this post. Have fun at the concert, @ashleycarole86 !!

@MaddawgMadsen well, message heard over here; somehow, someway, I got up and at 'em this morning and was doing laps in the pool by 6:15am! I only did about 15 min (20 laps, in a fairly short pool), but I was really proud of myself for that. Then I did dance cardio with my girlfriends after work. It has been a VERY long time since I did two workouts in a day, so one of them must have been for you Jolene!

@strong_fit_ells you have been going through it recently - first step is reassessment. glad you turned to a doctor and got some important information out of it. I have decided to try to do a "dry" August and September so we can cut down on wine together!

Felt like a pretty good day here. I got home from work a bit late, so dinner was late getting started, and I had dance cardio with my friends while things were baking. I ended up snacking a bit between courses as I waited for chicken to cook. That shouldn't happen tomorrow because now I just have things to reheat. Might make some rice to go alongside things, but that is quick. I will also make my collagen lemonade earlier in the evening to help stop hunger for snacks (as long as I leave the office on time tomorrow!)

Night all
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Good morning team.

@strong_fit_ells I am proud of you for realizing there was an issue and doing something about it. I went through something similar over the past year, it's tough to admit. But here is a positive, in Dec I gave up drinking and that is when I really began to lose the weight, and it was easy!

Yesterday was good, I rowed and did my squats, and started using my planner again to keep track of everything. Food wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible.

Have a wonderful day !
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 467 Member
    edited August 7
    @strong_fit_ells - Ellie! That post must have been difficult to share. I'm here cheering you on.

@ashleycarole86 hope August slows down for you. You have had some heavy stuff lately.

First week of August I've been off track with eating and less exercise. I have a great long weekend camping and really enjoyed getting out. I'm starting a new class this week and feel like I've been preparing for it in advanced so as long as I keep the momentum up I should feel good in completing it without too much stress.

I'm going to ask for a pass on the weigh in this week. With the long weekend and adjusting back to work I haven't been able to get it done. Also know I'm probably up and working on getting my habits on track the next week.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    Holy moly is time ever flying! I have been seriously MIA. But at least it has been A for action most of the time! After many years as team co-captain and head mwahaha for the whole F2F gang, I am going through a lovely period of neglect. Lovely for me, neglect for you! But it seems that you are all doing great, so that is wonderful. I'll catch up with my weigh-ins and all one of these days...

But I still need to hang out here. I have been more chaotic with my eating and more haphazard with exercise, and we all know where that combo can lead :grimace: So I had a perfect day yesterday, and a good exercise day today. Jasper has a sore leg from a slip in the wet sand yesterday, but we'll be back at our workouts together tomorrow, as long as he is not still sore. He just had a bit too much energy for the footing yesterday - crazy thing. Youngsters, eh? (for those of you who are new, Jasper is my green but learning horse! We live in the countryside of Québec)

I am SO SO happy to see you all. The energy is good, and I know it helps every single person dropping by in here. @strong_fit_ells you are especially hugged and I am glad to see every step you make, getting stronger and getting through so many transformative times in your life. Your boys off at uni and finishing secondary, you getting the help you need (even if it is a bit scary sometimes!) - WTG!!

Next week, my sister @EvMakesChanges and I will go visit our mom in North Carolina for her 94th birthday! The same day is also my son's 28th birthday, so even though he won't be with us, it will be an extra special day. We should all channel my mom. The gym, plenty of walking, and keeping food happy but reasonable have sure worked for her. We'll be wishing her more of the same for as long as she can.
  • lauren_989
    I had a perfect day today! I avoided temptation at work and stuck with the food I brought with me. I am telling myself it's not that I can't have this food ever again, just not right now.

@jugar @EvMakesChanges let me know if you want to meet up (if you have time) while you are in NC!
  • Kali225
    Quick check in as I head to bed. Day 2 of early morning swim was slightly better than yesterday - out earlier to the pool and I did 5 more laps (25 total). I'm going to keep my alarms the same tomorrow and Friday, even though I work from home and can typically sleep in almost 1.5hrs later. I think it will be better to keep the sleep routine consistent. Plus, work is busy right now so can't hurt to log on early. Ugh.

@lauren_989 hurray for a perfect day!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    PW 143
    CW 142.2

Yesterday was good, I did 30 minutes of yoga instead of 20, and did the squats.

It's rainy, yucky here...

Have a nice day !
  • ashleycarole86
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 258.2
    CW 259
  • ashleycarole86
    @strong_fit_ells sounds like you have a great plan with your doc. Good job reaching out for help when you started to feel tired and without energy. You are such a hard worker and deserve to feel good - hoping for the best for you!

@Kali225 double workout- awesome. Love the idea of keeping the alarm the same too.. I should do that on my work from home day as well

Thanks all for the buzz and excitement for my concert. We start the drive down south today after work! Can't wait
  • Lyss983
    Lyss983 Posts: 52 Member
    @lauren_989 I did my weigh-in on Monday, did you mean to tag someone else? :smile:
  • lauren_989
    Lyss983 wrote: »
    @lauren_989 I did my weigh-in on Monday, did you mean to tag someone else? :smile:

I found it!! I must have skipped over it, thank you!! 🤪
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    I had a perfect day today! I avoided temptation at work and stuck with the food I brought with me. I am telling myself it's not that I can't have this food ever again, just not right now.

@jugar @EvMakesChanges let me know if you want to meet up (if you have time) while you are in NC!

It would be wonderful to meet you! I'm not sure if you are anywhere near Matthews (just outside Charlotte), but that's where we will be. I'll be playing a birthday concert for our mom on the 17th at 3 pm - it's open to anyone if you feel like coming. Or whatever other time might work while we are there. If you aren't too far away to consider it, let me know. It's always a blast to meet in the real world :smiley:
  • lauren_989
    @jugar that would work for me! Just let me know where! Feel free to shoot me an email. My cousin just moved to Matthews, she has been visiting her parents in CT, but I have been hoping to meet up and see her new place.

I had a good day today. Ate within calories and did a yoga/stretching video that I like. May not have hit my step goal though.

We have tropical storm Debby here dropping lots of rain and wind. We are lucky to still have power, lots of people don't! It is supposed to rain off and on until tomorrow afternoon. They let us out of work early, so that was nice!
  • Kali225
    checking in - well I kept my alarms the same but my subconscious brain clearly knew I didn't reaaaally have to be up that early. So I slept in a bit and then got over to the pool. 25 more laps in the books!

Ate pretty well today and met my protein goal. Also had my first PT session for my stupid right foot, which many of you have heard my lament for maybe a year - the problem started in Nov 2021 and has been so annoying and limiting. So PT is kind of my last hope.

@ashleycarole86 hope your drive (or the first leg at least?) went smoothly

@lauren_989 sounds like a solid day. My sister is in the Hillsborough NC area and they were hunkering down for the storm as well - she made some french onion soup that looked so cozy.
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 148 Member
    edited August 9
    Good afternoon everyone!

Beautiful and sunny in Wales, UK today.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments everyone!
    The first few days were awful. I was so scared about my kidneys, but now I am ok. I know what to do and I am going to do it. No alcohol helps so much. Alcohol always played big part in my family. I was born in Poland during the comunist time when Russia was in charge. I remember tanks driving on the road and bombing buidings. My dad and his brothers drunk a lot, my 2 grandads died from alcohol related liver problems :disappointed:

It is only about over a week when I didn't have a drop, but I feel so much better for it. I feel a little happier and positive :-) Thinking about it today while I write to you I cannot believe I didn't see it. I would have about 3 bottles of wine a week :disappointed: I would have a really good weightloss one week and put it all back on because of the wine the next week. My husband would comment how many empty bottles of wine are in our recycling box :tired_face: I thought no one noticed, I am so embarrased :neutral: I would put the weight back on and be too embarrased to post in our group, so I would disappear and appear again with my tail between my legs asking for you to take me back :blush: I am done with it! I am going to be a success story and not a blob!

Never mind, I am moving on and will not mention alcohol again :blush:

@lauren_989 I am sorry, I thought I posted my weigh in.

CW 238.3 lbs

@jugar and @lauren_989 I hope you'll have a chance to meet up :-) I wish I lived closer :blush:

Happy Friday all :heart:
  • lauren_989
    Thanks for weighing in @Kali225 as I forgot to post the reminder last night. Other weigh-in's due today:
    @micki48 @Ruth_2024 @jugar

@Kali225 great job getting up early and getting laps done! 25 is a lot, I get out of breath going from just one end of the pool to the other :D

I had another perfect day today and we didn't lose power from the storm, so I call that an extra perfect day!

This weekend my hubby and I are going to walk in the park in the morning and then I have some yard work to do. After all the rain, we actually may have 3 days in a row where we aren't getting any! I have a lot of sticks to pick up and some weeding to do. It's amazing how fast the weeds grow with all the rain we've been getting!
  • lauren_989
    I was up early today. Got in a walk and then did a lot of weeding. Hubby used the leaf blower on the yard and got up most of the sticks. Once the grass dries more, I will go out and pick up the rest of the sticks. Then probably mow tomorrow, as we got another 4 inches of rain last night! We had a cold front come through and we got a decent storm and a ton of rain. They said it was more than the rain we got with Debbby just last night 😯

I have my meals planned out for today and tomorrow and prepped some veggies. My single tomatoe and peppers are growing! I can't wait for them to be ready to pick and eat! @jugar how is your garden doing?
This discussion has been closed.