WaistAways Team Chat - August 2024

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,281 Member
    I forgot to mention last night that I rode my bike yesterday! Yay

This means my year of training for my outdoor ride next year is already better than the last.. lol

Went with hubby and two friends and we had a blast
  • ashleycarole86
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 262.2
    CW 259.2
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 311 Member
    edited August 22
    Username MaddawgMadsen
    Thursday weigh-in (although I wasn't on the list... I hope you're ready for me @lauren_989!)

PW: 182.4
    CW: 181.8

I'm excited because I start my 75 challenge tomorrow! My in-laws left town this morning. I get to go to CrossFit tonight for the first time in a while. And, I get to grocery shop for the diet. So, while my day did not start off great - sinus headache from a weather pattern change, smoke alarm dead battery chirping at 4am, and grumpy husband - I'm choosing to make it a good one.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 684 Member
    hi friends

@ashleycarole86 so glad for you that you got on the bike!! my sweet mom is bringing my bike to Boston when she comes to town for a wedding in the end of september and I am so excited to finally be able to bike around my neighborhood. Gotta invest in a bike rake and a tire pump now lol. and great weigh in! you knew it would be good. :)

@MaddawgMadsen and a solid step down for you too! good luck on 75 tomorrow.

I had a bit of a struggle today, I went to bed with some stomach cramps and woke up with them still hanging around on my left side, and they really didn't let up all day. So that was fun. But I rallied for my PT exercises and then headed over to the pool for 24 laps in 20 min, which felt good. I'm cozy and dry in my PJs now while some water boils for a bit of ravioli for dinner. yum.

@Gidgitgoescrzy feel better!
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 192 Member
    Username bowens1973
    CW: 243.0
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,602 Member
    edited August 23
    PW: 193.8 lbs
    CW: 192.6 lbs

Overall, a good week for me! Spin and yoga over last weekend felt great to be back in it. I rested on Monday after we stayed up late on Sunday, and then I worked out Tuesday - Thursday with the final week of Sydney’s Summertime Fine program. I have 2 workouts to go until I complete the program!

I have noticed that I am considerably stronger in all of the exercises, and much stronger in my abs. I do not need to modify that much anymore, and I am doing many of the moves with a dumbbell, or even a heavier weighted one, whereas in the beginning I didn’t use weights at all.

My clothes have also started to feel less tight so I am interested in taking my measurements as well to compare to when I took them in May at the beginning of the program.

This weekend we are visiting friends who recently purchased a home and now live slightly farther away. We plan on going to the beach which will be very relaxing.

Next week I have 3 presentations for different initiatives and I’m looking forward to them. One I have given several times virtually, but now it will be in-person, so that should be fun.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,257 Member
  • lauren_989
    @Kali225 I hope your stomach feels better soon! Great job still doing laps!

@ashleycarole86 that makes sense. Are you able to meal plan/prep ahead on Sundays to help? Great job getting out on the bike!

@wishfuljune that is awesome you feel stronger! I'm curious how your measurements come out and that was smart to do them at the beginning!

I had a day yesterday. I guess my no sleep and extra steps caught up with me. I got EXHAUSTED after lunch. After work, I got home, crashed, ate dinner and was in bed by 8pm. I got 11.5 hours of sleep last night! Hopefully I caught up enough!

Today I am going to try and walk on lunch. Yesterday we had a meeting, so it wasn't possible. Then hubby and I are going to the grasshoppers baseball game tonight (local minor league team)!
  • Kali225
    Friday Weigh In
    PW: 256.5
    CW: 257.5

So annoyed with myself and the scale. Stomach is back to cramping today so I am barely eating - which means I'll get over hungry later, eat too much at once, and be back to cramping! Definitely have to head out and buy some GasX or something today and chug em!

@wishfuljune so awesome that you are seeing progress with weights and how strong you feel. I am jealous!

@lauren_989 wow 11.5 hrs of sleep!! Hope that felt amazing
  • lauren_989
    We had fun at the grasshoppers game tonight! We ate there and I got a grilled chicken pita and side salad. Not bad for a baseball game!

I felt very rested today after catching up on sleep last night. Got out for a walk at lunch since I knew we were going to the game right after work.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Any fun plans?
    The bat dog at the game 🐶b70si217km58.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    Halloooo! I am finally raising my head after getting home to so much rain that culminated in a total washout of our private road, making it impossible to go anywhere for a couple of days. The insurance is covering all the reconstruction, but this washout has affected the public road as well, so no one is getting around too well... I spent too much time consoling myself with extra goodies, so I am officially back on the regular team until I get things back under control!!

Friday weigh-in 118.0 ugh.

I was doing so great down at mom's and was easily under 117, but this last few days have done me no favours. Really, it is I not doing myself any favours. My garden is all squishy, I can't get to the barn to ride -so things are a bit stalled.

BUT! Today my son picked me up down at the road and we went to get his new cat! He has been living alone for ages, and his big sister finally decided he needed a cat. She found him a gorgeous 2 year-old Maine Coon that really needed a new home. This was his birthday gift, and we picked her up today. She is lovely, curious, and sweet. I think they will enjoy sharing a home together.

Now that I'm booted from maintenance for a bit, I'll be back in here more often booting myself in the butt and hoping you will all do the same! You are all showing some lovely losses this week, and I'll do my best to join the trend by next Friday. Tally ho!
  • ashleycarole86
    Week 2 Step Report

Top steppers
    #1 @strong_fit_ells 77,140 steps
    #2 @lauren_989 67,783 steps
    #3 @zankash23 64,662 steps

Consistent steppers
    #1 @zankash23 6 of 7 days hitting goal
    #2 @lauren_989 and @ashleycarole86 4 of 7 days hitting goal
    (reminder @strong_fit_ells I'm not sure what your target is these days so I can't include you in this stat)

And a big congrats to both @zankash23 and @lauren_989 for improving their week 2 steps over week 1 by 16% and 38% respectively!
  • lauren_989
    The Group Challenge for week 4 is now posted. This week will be a photo challenge! I hope to see you there! :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10922454/august-week-4-group-challenge-photo-challenge#latest
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 467 Member
    Hi Friends.

This week got away on me. It was my Birthday this week and had some time off to do some fun family adventures.

PW - 163
    CW- 164.2

Not a great week
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 437 Member
    PW=80,20Kg
    CW=80,20Kg
  • lauren_989
    Still waiting for weigh-ins for several folks! Please post by tomorrow morning!

@smcewen99
    @Heathere244
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @StayFITTer
    @zankash23
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    Today was a good Saturday. I managed to get down our washed out hill so I could go ride Jasper - he was in fine fettle and we had a good workout together. I am about to hop on the exercise bike for a bit to get some more movement in. Food wasn't perfect today, but not bad. The veggies are so good straight out of the garden but I'm running out of lettuces and arugula - yikes! I will plant some more arugula quickly. It is fast enough to make it before it starts to get too cold. In the meantime, salads will have to be from friends' gardens at the farmer's market. Have a great rest-of-weekend, everyone!
  • lauren_989
    We moved our veggies out front where hopefully they will get more sun. I still only have 2 tomatoes growing, and they are still green. We have a lot of peppers, though! I just planted zucchini and yellow squash again and am hoping to actually get some veggies from them! I think I started the veggies too late this year and the heat killed them. Out back gets less heat from all the trees, but not enough sun.
    f3p5zidvge2q.jpgfbc668hn8frz.jpg
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,322 Member

Weigh in 220.7

Busy week with orientation for my new job. Next week too.
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    We had fun at the grasshoppers game tonight! We ate there and I got a grilled chicken pita and side salad. Not bad for a baseball game!

The bat dog at the game 🐶b70si217km58.jpg

My daughter, son in law and granddaughter were at the Grasshoppers game last night too. And they won yay! They are visiting. Took photos of my old house. Sad renovations- my favorite screened porch has been enclosed and turned into a laundry room.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 566 Member
    lauren_989 wrote: »

CW: 181.5
    Sorry for missing weighing in over the past couple of weeks. I’m home from NC and finally have my scale at hand. What a blast to meet you in person last Saturday, Lauren!
    My food intake has been eratic but I plan to get back into the zone this week.
    The trip to and from NC was great. Sure, there were times for “wooden swearing” (door slamming out of frustration), but generally, mom, Liselyn, and I get along pretty well.
    I’ll also catch up on the rest of the shares.
    Have a good rest of the night. 😘

• zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 123 Member
    Hi please I would like to be exempted from this weeks weigh in. I’m a bit ill and not able to to much x
  • lauren_989
    The registration for September is now open. Since you are already on a team, you do not need to re-join. However, if you know anyone who would like to join us, send them this link!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10922487/registration-for-new-members-september-2024#latest
  • ashleycarole86
    Eek @micki48 it's crazy it's already time for back to school, can't wait to hear how your new classroom is for this year!

@cleaneater80 happy belated birthday, hope your time celebrating was good. Sometimes these special occasions take our eye off the main goal but one week in the grand scheme of things won't hurt us!

@jugar that's crazy about your washed out road, glad you were able to get with Jasper for a ride.

Good weekend at the lake so far, I was feeling a bit off yesterday, not sick but just low energy. So we took it easy, rested and relaxed. Trying to listen to my body. Exercise was a walk with our dog.
  • Heathere244
    Heathere244 Posts: 23 Member
    Heathere244

PW 175.4
    CW 174.6

I missed last weigh in while visiting with my daughter. My plan for this week is to meal prep for bfast and lunches. Hopefully get some yard work done for exercise.
  • lauren_989
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    vyeb6h1j8fjg.png
    16m4vpw95kl0.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    my5fnd7nknh0.png

By Pounds
    8ka8quz1l1zk.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    f3xddcnihauq.png

By Pounds
    4mukswpvu52q.png

Team Winners
    waz80m0dmhv7.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    fd4y01iq4bk7.png
  • lauren_989
    Congrats @ashleycarole86 @bowens1973 @wishfuljune for being our top leaders this week!!

Also, we had 41% of our team in the green which is awesome!!

Every team lost weight this week <3

Let's keep this up for the last week in August!
  • lauren_989
    I had a decent day so far. I ate well, but have been feeling slightly tired and a scratchy throat. I'm thinking it may be allergies, had a negative covid test. I'm hoping I will get outside for a walk this afternoon.

@jugar that is crazy your road got washed away! Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

@micki48 that's funny your family was at the same game! And, yes, I think this was the first game I've been to that they have actually won!

@ashleycarole86 I'm glad you listened to your body today and didn't push yourself.

After seeing the results this week, what is your plan for the upcoming week to help get you in the direction of your goals? I like @Heathere244 plan of meal prepping! Speaking of which, I should chop up the veggies in the fridge so they are an easy snack to grab!
  • Kali225
    happy Sunday.

My stomach cramping and general GI distress continued through the weekend until about 10am this morning, which was a huge relief. I think I know the culprit, so going to make some adjustments going forward. I was so annoyed at the scale for being up on Friday, especially with how I was feeling + not really being able to eat normally, that I had to check the scale again yesterday morning and today. Wouldn't you know, it showed a significant drop from Friday. So, hopefully I can keep that off and continue downwards for a very solid loss this coming Friday. Actually, @lauren_989 I might weigh in one day early on Thursday this week, I took Thurs & Fri off and want to be in full "day off" mode come Friday, which means I might forget to weigh in then anyways.

I took a long walk today (75 min) and my foot was actually fine at the end which is really exciting. I think the difference is maybe that I was intentionally walking quite slowly - more of an amble than a walk, really, and maybe that prevented the tendon from getting tight. Obviously I still hope to work back up to my brisker normal pace but I will take this as a small win.

A bit tired today, wasn't sleeping well the back half of this week with my stomach. Didn't grocery shop today since I'm not sure what will appeal to my appetite this week. But glad I got movement in, cleaned my kitchen, took the trash out, and have been taking care of some desk tasks this afternoon. How is it already after 5pm! The weekends go so fast.

ttfn
This discussion has been closed.