Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Finished W1D3 of 5k210K today. Chilly but a good run.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    @Piqueaboo and @upsaluki --- welcome and glad to see you over here. I'm still less than a year into running, so not as experienced as many of the others on this forum.

I am about halfway into my half marathon training and just ran a 5K race yesterday. Was a tough course and I didn't get a PR, but it felt really good to be back out and racing again. I am also planning a 10K on April 1st and my half marathon on April 22nd. So far, so good.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I ran (ish) :D at my national park on Saturday. 6 miles in 1:12:39 including some walking, but not including the 3 times I stopped to stretch my calves. (Paused the app for that!)

Sore legs yesterday, so I went back to the park and walked a couple of miles, with some short runs dispersed. Legs feel better today!

I've signed up for a 10k this Saturday. :#
  • upsaluki
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I ran (ish) :D at my national park on Saturday. 6 miles in 1:12:39 including some walking, but not including the 3 times I stopped to stretch my calves. (Paused the app for that!)

Sore legs yesterday, so I went back to the park and walked a couple of miles, with some short runs dispersed. Legs feel better today!

You seem like you're really pushing it with that 10k. You're tough though, you should be ok.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »

You seem like you're really pushing it with that 10k. You're tough though, you should be ok.

Peer pressure is a terrible thing!
    :D
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of Week 9 finished! Thursday I attempt the 3x 15 minutes, based on how today's run went it'll be tough. That being said, I today ran in 20 minutes what I previously did in 30. It's bizarre, I can't quite wrap my head around it yet. When did I become a runner? Fantastic, really.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    I finished 5k210k week 2 day 1 today. It was 4 12 minute intervals and I was feeling it, but liking it too. Supposed to snow tomorrow. Hopefully the roads will be good by Thursday
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Ran at the national park yesterday- 5k in 36:27, no walking breaks. I feel pretty good about that. The National Park course has a pretty good climb to the top of a hill. The course for my 10k on Saturday is flat.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Finished 5k210k w2d2 today. Good run. I'm still slow, but feels great to get running.
  • Piqueaboo
    Options
    I did Week 10 Day 1 - tough cookie!! It went from 4x 10 minutes to 3x 15 minutes. Pushed through but boy, I was slow!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Week 1, D1 of the 5K to 10K app complete. It is cold and snowing here right now. This time last week it was 70. Mother Nature is a little unbalanced.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Ran my 10k this morning. I did much better than I thought I would, finished in 1:09:07.
  • rusgolden
    Options
    @Just_Ceci -- Great job!! Congrats on a nice finish!
  • Piqueaboo
    Options
    Ahaha I really didn't want to, but I did it!! W10 D2 complete =)
  • rusgolden
    Options
    Today was a 7 mile run for my HM training and I crushed my previous personal best for a 10k... New time is 53:01 and previous was 57:16. Feeling really good about the progress I'm making.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Ran my 10k this morning. I did much better than I thought I would, finished in 1:09:07.

Nice job. I did wk2d3 of 5k210k on Saturday. Too busy to post here tog with chores and family visiting.
  • upsaluki
    Options

Nice job. I did wk2d3 of 5k210k on Saturday. Too busy to post here tog with chores and family visiting.

Just finished w3d1 of 5k210k. Whew! Windy and damp here, but a good run.
  • woodwardtm
    Options
    W1,D2 of Active's 5Kto10K program complete. It seems quite different from their Couch to 5K but so far it is keeping things interesting.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    woodwardtm wrote: »
    W1,D2 of Active's 5Kto10K program complete. It seems quite different from their Couch to 5K but so far it is keeping things interesting.

I like the structure of being on a program.
  • woodwardtm
    Options
    woodwardtm wrote: »

I like the structure of being on a program.

I do as well. It keeps me motivated to go out and run. Otherwise I might drop back and let myself out of going. ;)